Starfield | Review & Discussion Thread

What scores do you think StarfieId will get?

• 50-55%

Votes: 2 4.1%
  • 55-60%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 60-65%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 65-70%

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • 70-75%

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • 75-80%

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • 80-85%

Votes: 12 24.5%
  • 85-90%

Votes: 17 34.7%
  • 90-95%

Votes: 11 22.4%
  • 95-100%

Votes: 2 4.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nimrota

Veteran
11 Jul 2023
Something else infuriatingly basic that makes me think the game was rushed is the number of text box pop ups for quests. A few examples:
- You are tracking some enemies through a canyon, check a muddy footprint on the ground to see which way they go. I thought you might use the scanner and use "detective vision" like how games such as Witcher 3 implement it. I click on the footprint, a textbox pops up "The tracks veer slightly left." What??? They couldn't even put footprints in the dirt for you to follow? The entire quest is this: walk to location, click quest market location, text box telling you a small statement, another quest marker to follow, repeat until you get to your destination.
- Need to access a computer to access data to track someone down. I click on the computer. "You notice some auxiliary power banks in the next room. They appear to use standard Power Cells", quest then updates to 3 quest markets to find power cells and bring them back to the power banks I "noticed" in the next room.
This is all intensely reductive and boring. Quest markers, text boxes, when do you get to solve puzzles yourself or find things in the world yourself? I can only guess the answer is NEVER which is par the course for Bethesda. The game feels worse than FO4 in several ways which is saying a lot.

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
Something else infuriatingly basic that makes me think the game was rushed is the number of text box pop ups for quests. A few examples:
- You are tracking some enemies through a canyon, check a muddy footprint on the ground to see which way they go. I thought you might use the scanner and use "detective vision" like how games such as Witcher 3 implement it. I click on the footprint, a textbox pops up "The tracks veer slightly left." What??? They couldn't even put footprints in the dirt for you to follow? The entire quest is this: walk to location, click quest market location, text box telling you a small statement, another quest marker to follow, repeat until you get to your destination.
- Need to access a computer to access data to track someone down. I click on the computer. "You notice some auxiliary power banks in the next room. They appear to use standard Power Cells", quest then updates to 3 quest markets to find power cells and bring them back to the power banks I "noticed" in the next room.
This is all intensely reductive and boring. Quest markers, text boxes, when do you get to solve puzzles yourself or find things in the world yourself? I can only guess the answer is NEVER which is par the course for Bethesda. The game feels worse than FO4 in several ways which is saying a lot.
If Bethesda left it to the player to play the game by finding and acting on clues found in the environment, they’d have to put the effort in to make sure those clues appear, and we all know they can’t be bothered to put in the work for that.

ChorizoPicozo

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
it was delayed an entire year my dude.

• haha
Reactions: Would_you_kindly

Crow

Banned
15 Jul 2023
Needed to be delayed another 2-3.
Lmao. Dude why did you even bother to play? You hated the game before you even played it. lol. Im only level 13 and im 33 hours in! This game is loaded with content. I didnt experience any major bugs. Not even minor ones so far. Its polished. Only issue is optimizations. They need to get a update out for performance issues before the standard release comes out.

27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
Lmao. Dude why did you even bother to play? You hated the game before you even played it. lol. Im only level 13 and im 33 hours in! This game is loaded with content. I didnt experience any major bugs. Not even minor ones so far. Its polished. Only issue is optimizations. They need to get a update out for performance issues before the standard release comes out.
If you're wanting a performance update youre sadly mistaken the performance is down to the shit engine they use & it will never get better just look at Skyrim it got re released numerous times & the performance never got better 🤣

Nimrota

Veteran
11 Jul 2023
Only a bad actor can take criticism of a product before release as hating it. I stated my concerns which have all been proven correct. You must be from the Peter Ovo style of playing games - leave them on idle for several hours. Seriously, I got to level 13 in less than 10h, are you just walking across the empty planets doing nothing? The game throws XP at you easily, I've barely done main quests and this is where I am. Lots of bugs also, evidenced by many people showing them off. Go and read the subreddit, lots of people there talking about them, why you need to lie about this I'm unsure.

The Peter Ovo reference BTW for those that don't know is that he said he played 18h and he loved it, but he had 4 achievements when he posted that. You get 4 achievements in 1-2hours. Based on that, he hadn't joined any factions, hadn't made an outpost, hadn't travelled around, I guess he was just walking across empty tiles for 18h considering he didn't engage with any of the actual content of the game.

27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
Only a bad actor can take criticism of a product before release as hating it. I stated my concerns which have all been proven correct. You must be from the Peter Ovo style of playing games - leave them on idle for several hours. Seriously, I got to level 13 in less than 10h, are you just walking across the empty planets doing nothing? The game throws XP at you easily, I've barely done main quests and this is where I am. Lots of bugs also, evidenced by many people showing them off. Go and read the subreddit, lots of people there talking about them, why you need to lie about this I'm unsure.

The Peter Ovo reference BTW for those that don't know is that he said he played 18h and he loved it, but he had 4 achievements when he posted that. You get 4 achievements in 1-2hours. Based on that, he hadn't joined any factions, hadn't made an outpost, hadn't travelled around, I guess he was just walking across empty tiles for 18h considering he didn't engage with any of the actual content of the game.
No one should take peterovo seriously he's the biggest fanboy there is he literally created a website to spread misinformation & paint Microsoft in a good light

Reactions: Cool hand luke

Nimrota

Veteran
11 Jul 2023
No one should take peterovo seriously he's the biggest fanboy there is he literally created a website to spread misinformation & paint Microsoft in a good light
Yeah nobody should take him seriously, it's just funny that he'll say he's loving the game when his own data shows he isn't doing anything of note in the game.

Reactions: Would_you_kindly

Crow

Banned
15 Jul 2023

your concerns aren't correct lol. Almost all of them are opinion based. I've been playing doing quests and talking to everybody. I've been to Neon, Akila city. I don't shoot everything i seen. I'm not really interesting in procedural content. So not really planet exploring so far. Im sure their are bugs but nothing close to a buggy mess. BG3 had thousands of bugs, but it wasnt a buggy mess.

Crow

Banned
15 Jul 2023
The mod potential for this game is insane. I expect to see a lot of cool shit in the upcoming months 😁