Starfield | Review & Discussion Thread

What scores do you think StarfieId will get?

• 50-55%

Votes: 2 4.1%
  • 55-60%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 60-65%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 65-70%

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • 70-75%

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • 75-80%

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • 80-85%

Votes: 12 24.5%
  • 85-90%

Votes: 17 34.7%
  • 90-95%

Votes: 11 22.4%
  • 95-100%

Votes: 2 4.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
i think he might be.

@Satoru will explain, he's icon's local sleuth.

benedict cumberbatch sherlock GIF
that's interesting, he doesn't sound like him. Or maybe VFXveteran was just a cover lol

Crow

Banned
15 Jul 2023
It's called "lowest common denominator". Popularity never equates to quality.
Never said populairty equals quality. Most people that played Starfield liked it. Your opinion is the minority. Deal with it.

Nimrota

Veteran
11 Jul 2023
Never said populairty equals quality. Most people that played Starfield liked it. Your opinion is the minority. Deal with it.
I've never once thought about how major or minor my "opinion" (I didn't offer an opinion BTW) is, Starfield is objectively a bad game, I provided evidence of that here. Have you even played it or too busy shilling?

Crow

Banned
15 Jul 2023
I've never once thought about how major or minor my "opinion" (I didn't offer an opinion BTW) is, Starfield is objectively a bad game, I provided evidence of that here. Have you even played it or too busy shilling?
it isn't objectively a bad game. Most Reviews are positives. Bethesda games also gets better as time goes on.

Crow

Banned
15 Jul 2023
"If you like boring repetitive slop, you'll like Starfield." 100 percent a opinion lol. Keep trying though my dude.

Nimrota

Veteran
11 Jul 2023
Starfield reaches the public with poor launch numbers per Steam Database. Hitting a peak of 250k concurrent users on launch, up only 7% from the early access launch 5 days ago. Many news outlets stated that the impressive showing (234k CCUs at launch of early access) was impressive as you had to "pay $100 to play the game on Steam right now". Despite the lower barrier to entry for the full release, the 7% growth places Starfield as a severe underperformer compared to other Bethesda Game Studios releases, which debuted The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim at 287k, and Fallout 4 at 472k.

Whether this number will grow over the next week is hard to say, but considering that the most diehard fans already stumped up $100 to get early access, the potential for continual growth may be slow. Considering Baldur's Gate 3's peak CCUs of 875k, over 20x their early access numbers, and currently has a 24h peak of 408k well above Starfield, the Starfield release appears quite weak despite the number of positive reviews. Only time will tell how the game performs, but I think the lack of an explosive start and lower initial peak than other BGS releases may herald slow growth, or cannibalisation of sales from other services such as Game Pass.

starfield-premium-ccu.jpg

bethesda-steamdb.jpg

Last edited:

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
it isn't objectively a bad game. Most Reviews are positives. Bethesda games also gets better as time goes on.
I’d agree it’s objectively bad. Glitchy. Ugly. Dumb story. Menu driven gameplay. There is just really nothing there.

Reactions: Would_you_kindly

ChorizoPicozo

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
the hate towards Starfield is real, it's just as comparable as my disappointment with FFXVI 🤣😂... the funny thing is, if i give 7/10 to starfield then FFXVI is a 6/10.

• haha
Reactions: Would_you_kindly

Nimrota

Veteran
11 Jul 2023
Strange, you were telling me popularity doesn't equal quality but now you're saying most reviews are positive? The game is objectively bad. BGS games don't get better over time BTW, mods make them better but they're not the BGS game itself.
"If you like boring repetitive slop, you'll like Starfield." 100 percent a opinion lol. Keep trying though my dude.
So many people in Steam forums, Reddit, etc, are saying how great they love it because it procedurally generates serviceable content they can consume ("slop") so it's not an opinion, it's the mindset of the player base.

Nimrota

Veteran
11 Jul 2023
That's your opinion. Most who played liked it sooooo......
Your argument here is "it's not actually bad because heaps of people played it and liked it." Again, you're equating quality with popularity. Can you provide a reasoned argument as to the quality of the game? I posted a detail comment earlier today about how the narrative design, world building, and quest design are fundamentally flawed leading to a weak game, but you haven't done anything similar for positives. Have you even played it? How many hours if so?

• fire
Reactions: KiryuRealty

ultimateFF

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
So the verdict is in and the numbers did NOT go up on launch day. 250k, same as early access peak.

Does it mean many people rushed to refund the game right before the time limit? Very interesting.
People got scared the moment 7/10 and less than 90 MC hit, so there was mass refund. What a flopfield, $7.5 billion for this shit 🤣.

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters