Starfield | Review & Discussion Thread

What scores do you think StarfieId will get?

• 50-55%

Votes: 2 4.1%
  • 55-60%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 60-65%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 65-70%

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • 70-75%

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • 75-80%

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • 80-85%

Votes: 12 24.5%
  • 85-90%

Votes: 17 34.7%
  • 90-95%

Votes: 11 22.4%
  • 95-100%

Votes: 2 4.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
Hogwarts was lower because there was 3 days early access but then it doubled on release. Starfield barely moved 😬
Completely forgot hogwarts was early access. I'm not doubting that Starfield is a commercial success, I think the game will break even. I wouldn't say that MS got 7 billion worth of gamepass subs from this one little game.

If this game cost 400 million to develop/market, and lets take the high inaccurate estimate of 2 million sold for early access at $100 dollars, that only covers development costs.

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Arc

5 Sep 2023
BG3 will 100% be GOTY. The only reason I imagine it wouldn't get this are industry people being upset that the game made them look like fools.
I was talking sales, but honestly, that would be a similar upset with several fantastic games in the mix this year.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
BG3 will 100% be GOTY. The only reason I imagine it wouldn't get this are industry people being upset that the game made them look like fools.
For now it is either BG3 or TotK.
Let's see if any others released until end of year get close.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Completely forgot hogwarts was early access. I'm not doubting that Starfield is a commercial success, I think the game will break even. I wouldn't say that MS got 7 billion worth of gamepass subs from this one little game.

If this game cost 400 million to develop/market, and lets take the high inaccurate estimate of 2 million sold for early access at $100 dollars, that only covers development costs.
7 billion worth of gamepass subs?

I mean even with 30 million subs you don't get that in a year of Gamepass subs.
You need like 50 million subs in a whole year to get these 7 billion revenue.

And that being super optimists that everybody in these 50 million subscribe for 1 year without cancel.

ChorizoPicozo

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
you guys are freaking out about nothing. People are waiting for the weekend. those numbers are going to launch to the stratosphere once Friday night hits

Nimrota

Veteran
11 Jul 2023
Kind of laughing to myself thinking that Steam reviews are a better indicator of sales than CCUs. Maybe for a game that is several years old, but what, the average Starfield player on Steam bought it, gave it a review, and no longer is playing it?

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: KiryuRealty

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
you guys are freaking out about nothing. People are waiting for the weekend. those numbers are going to launch to the stratosphere once Friday night hits
Art Pixel GIF by Smolverse

• haha
Reactions: Cool hand luke

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
What do you guys think is a reasonable number for stsrfield concurrent numbers? I’d say anything under 400k is probably a monumental flop but idk what ms/Bethesda are expecting.
Beating Fallout 4 from 8 years ago is the bare minimum. It was 473k. Back then Steam was way smaller. It should match it at least.

Everybody until today was sure it would surpass Fallout 4 on Day 1. It couldn't even manage 275k 😬

Nimrota

Veteran
11 Jul 2023
What do you guys think is a reasonable number for stsrfield concurrent numbers? I’d say anything under 400k is probably a monumental flop but idk what ms/Bethesda are expecting.
Based on the marketing, the hype, other big games from recently (Elden Ring, Hogwarts, BG3) I would say anything less than 500k is a flop. As Gods&Monsters says above, beating FO4 is the bare minimum that the game should be expected to do. Even IF people are playing on Game Pass (which to be fair I am since I had a free trial) there is a big difference between playing on Game Pass, and purchasing on Steam. Even IF CCUs across PC Game Pass and Steam were 500k, I think that is still disastrous because the barrier for entry is so low, and largely risk free on Game Pass, that not being able to do much better than FO4 from almost a decade ago shows people are uninterested in the product. How many CCUs would Baldur's Gate 3 or Elden Ring have had if they were on Game Pass? The levels of engagement with Starfield and other titles is so wildly disparate.

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
Based on the marketing, the hype, other big games from recently (Elden Ring, Hogwarts, BG3) I would say anything less than 500k is a flop. As Gods&Monsters says above, beating FO4 is the bare minimum that the game should be expected to do. Even IF people are playing on Game Pass (which to be fair I am since I had a free trial) there is a big difference between playing on Game Pass, and purchasing on Steam. Even IF CCUs across PC Game Pass and Steam were 500k, I think that is still disastrous because the barrier for entry is so low, and largely risk free on Game Pass, that not being able to do much better than FO4 from almost a decade ago shows people are uninterested in the product. How many CCUs would Baldur's Gate 3 or Elden Ring have had if they were on Game Pass? The levels of engagement with Starfield and other titles is so wildly disparate.
Don’t forget, Microsoft cancelled the PS5 release because they thought they could drive Xbox console sales with this game, so anything short of a million opening week for it is a complete disaster.

This could, and hopefully will, be the straw that breaks the camel’s back for Phil Spencer’s tenure at Microsoft.

Reactions: Would_you_kindly

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
Why is Anyone even surprised by this? Phil Spencer at it again with his lies and hype for yet another broken product

Reactions: Would_you_kindly

Nimrota

Veteran
11 Jul 2023
Don’t forget, Microsoft cancelled the PS5 release because they thought they could drive Xbox console sales with this game, so anything short of a million opening week for it is a complete disaster.

This could, and hopefully will, be the straw that breaks the camel’s back for Phil Spencer’s tenure at Microsoft.
Out of curiosity I just checked Amazon gaming best sellers for my country:

1. Spiderman duallsense controller.
4. Midnight Black dualsense controller.
7. Starfield (PC).
13. White dualsense controller.
14. Spiderman 2.
15. Starfield (Xbox).

Pretty grim stuff for Xbox.

27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
Steam numbers won’t go up much. Anyone else that jumped on today for pc is on windows gamespass and not steam, which everyone likes to ignore to suit their flawed sales comparisons. Sales discussion for Starfield is moot. Its purpose is to sell $12 subs. We won’t ever see windows player stat tho.
I'm sure steam is over the moon about the Activision blizzard merger that they're supporting then seen as gamepass is canniblizing sales on steam for big Bethesda games already according to you 🤣

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
Out of curiosity I just checked Amazon gaming best sellers for my country:

1. Spiderman duallsense controller.
4. Midnight Black dualsense controller.
7. Starfield (PC).
13. White dualsense controller.
14. Spiderman 2.
15. Starfield (Xbox).

Pretty grim stuff for Xbox.
Holy fuck, Goodbye, Volcano High is ACTUALLY going to outsell Starfail on consoles, isn’t it?