Starfield | Review & Discussion Thread

What scores do you think StarfieId will get?

• 50-55%

Votes: 2 4.1%
  • 55-60%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 60-65%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 65-70%

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • 70-75%

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • 75-80%

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • 80-85%

Votes: 12 24.5%
  • 85-90%

Votes: 17 34.7%
  • 90-95%

Votes: 11 22.4%
  • 95-100%

Votes: 2 4.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
24 Jun 2022
244K on Steam right now; I don't think the number's going to dramatically rise over the weekend. Maybe a 50% bump to be safe, or something around 370K peak over the weekend, is what I would estimate.

However, it could see a ~ 1.85x multiplier, similar to Baldur's Gate 3, but only if WOM is significantly stronger between now and the weekend, which I doubt. If so, though, it could probably hit a peak concurrent of ~ 498K on Steam.

WOM for this game simply isn't on the level of Elden Ring or Baldur's Gate 3, though. And I don't think it'll ever reach those highs until significant new content comes to the game maybe a year or two from now by modders on PC. But that would be outside of any of Bethesda's own input or contributions, so it shouldn't be recognized as their accomplishment.

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
Yeah tht gamepass excuse in itself is flawed. Ppl tht want a game like this will only sub for a month then subs will tank so tht arguments is still fallacious. Microsoft will still not see the growth they are looking for. Now in five months or so we see Microsoft say ganepas grew exponentially blah blah we will know it had an impact. I bought gamepass one month in my life lol to to play the new Gears, years later never subbed again :)
If you want a game that is a time sink like this one a subs service is the last thing you should be looking for.

Nimrota

Veteran
11 Jul 2023
244K on Steam right now; I don't think the number's going to dramatically rise over the weekend. Maybe a 50% bump to be safe, or something around 370K peak over the weekend, is what I would estimate.

However, it could see a ~ 1.85x multiplier, similar to Baldur's Gate 3, but only if WOM is significantly stronger between now and the weekend, which I doubt. If so, though, it could probably hit a peak concurrent of ~ 498K on Steam.

WOM for this game simply isn't on the level of Elden Ring or Baldur's Gate 3, though. And I don't think it'll ever reach those highs until significant new content comes to the game maybe a year or two from now by modders on PC. But that would be outside of any of Bethesda's own input or contributions, so it shouldn't be recognized as their accomplishment.
Outside of specific cope forums (r/Starfield, Era, etc) I'm not seeing a lot of positive WOM. All my friends interested in the game have expressed scepticism and outright mockery of the lies, I've certainly told everyone what a joke the game is. With big names like Asmongold, Penguinz0, Dunkey, etc, laughing at it I don't think it's going to get anywhere near the positive WOM BG3 did, which was universally positive and a must play. Most fans defense of the game boils down to "It's a Bethesda game!" now, a far cry from "This is the best RPG of all time" which BG3 received.

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
you guys are freaking out about nothing. People are waiting for the weekend. those numbers are going to launch to the stratosphere once Friday night hits

I'll just wait until those "special tools" come in and the "Microsoft Engineers" fix this game

Nimrota

Veteran
11 Jul 2023
Phil just said they had 1m CCUs across all platform, which directly contradicts what Peter Ovo is trying to shill lol.
Look at the math. Peter saying 20m players, Phil saying 1m CCUs, so CCUs 1/20th of players. But Peter shares BG3 numbers, which estimate 6m players with a peak of almost 1m CCUs. So how does that work? 3x as many people played Starfield as BG3, but BG3 had the same CCUs? Are people buying the game and not playing it lol? Explain that disparity.

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
I don’t see it discussed here much but I do wonder if the whole forced pronouns thing is a much larger deterrent for people to care about Starfield more than the jank gameplay vids. I’ve seen a lot of commentary about it, none of it positive. I do wonder with all the Jank gameplay videos, non shills able to review the game now, and the forced pronouns stuff, starfield just finds itself too Medicore from a gameplay perspective to inspire much excitement and people that might be curious heard about the pronoun stuff and just say no thanks.

I don’t think I articulated that as well as I could have but hopefully you get my gist.

The doctor disrespect and the bald guy having a meltdown have at least a 40 million view count on Twitter. That’s probably the most viral thing starfield had going for it.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Phil just said they had 1m CCUs across all platform, which directly contradicts what Peter Ovo is trying to shill lol.
Look at the math. Peter saying 20m players, Phil saying 1m CCUs, so CCUs 1/20th of players. But Peter shares BG3 numbers, which estimate 6m players with a peak of almost 1m CCUs. So how does that work? 3x as many people played Starfield as BG3, but BG3 had the same CCUs? Are people buying the game and not playing it lol? Explain that disparity.
Stop listening to that dude FR

Nimrota

Veteran
11 Jul 2023
Stop listening to that dude FR
I do not believe him. It's just interesting that the numbers the two shills are using are so contradictory, and the lie so flagrant, you have to wonder how stupid you have to be to believe it.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
I don’t see it discussed here much but I do wonder if the whole forced pronouns thing is a much larger deterrent for people to care about Starfield more than the jank gameplay vids. I’ve seen a lot of commentary about it, none of it positive. I do wonder with all the Jank gameplay videos, non shills able to review the game now, and the forced pronouns stuff, starfield just finds itself too Medicore from a gameplay perspective to inspire much excitement and people that might be curious heard about the pronoun stuff and just say no thanks.

I don’t think I articulated that as well as I could have but hopefully you get my gist.

The doctor disrespect and the bald guy having a meltdown have at least a 40 million view count on Twitter. That’s probably the most viral thing starfield had going for it.
no one actually cares about pronouns

27 Jun 2023
United kingdom

There's forced pronouns in it ?