Starfield | Review & Discussion Thread

What scores do you think StarfieId will get?

• 50-55%

Votes: 2 4.0%
  • 55-60%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 60-65%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 65-70%

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • 70-75%

Votes: 3 6.0%
  • 75-80%

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • 80-85%

Votes: 12 24.0%
  • 85-90%

Votes: 17 34.0%
  • 90-95%

Votes: 12 24.0%
  • 95-100%

Votes: 2 4.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MaxParrish

8 Jan 2023
The fanbase is at fault, yes, but MS tends to present its games as the second coming all the time, when games are, in the end, just games.
You don't see Sony and Nintendo overhyping their games.
Mmmhhh....I'm not sure if in this case is MS to be at fault...Bethesta as a personal history of overpromuses that predate MS aquisition.Anyway, I think that these refunds are probably somewhat overestimated,, as usually happens with any news. : the game seems to be a decent evolution of Bethestta's formula, pretty in line with their past successfull effort, amd I refuse to believe that outside of the blind fanboys, most people really expeted it to be anything vastly different

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
Mmmhhh....I'm not sure if in this case is MS to be at fault...Bethesta as a personal history of overpromuses that predate MS aquisition.Anyway, I think that these refunds are probably somewhat overestimated,, as usually happens with any news. : the game seems to be a decent evolution of Bethestta's formula, pretty in line with their past successfull effort, amd I refuse to believe that outside of the blind fanboys, most people really expeted it to be anything vastly different
MS owns them. They're not Bethesda's overpromises now, they're MS'.

As the owner, MS has full control over their budget, quality and promotion. If MS thought the game looked bad, they should have delayed it.

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
The game was touted as the pinnacle of gaming, as the second coming, MS was, yes, hyping as such.
MS is completely at fault.
And they've been doing since forever.
Just look at this shit.

EightC

11 Jul 2022
I feel like going the early access route kind of backfired on them they should have just released the game to everyone at the same time. I'm excited to play it still and my Series X arrives tomorrow but I won't lie that my hype has kind of come down a bit.

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
The game was touted as the pinnacle of gaming, as the second coming, MS was, yes, hyping as such.
MS is completely at fault.
And they've been doing since forever.
Just look at this shit.
Yes, people took huge dumps on Sony's presentation (fair enough I guess). But when the xbox's presentation came it was presented as the second coming of the Christ, even tho they seemed roughly equivalent to me, even if Starfield's "gameplay" demo was not nearly as transparent as SpiderMan's equivalent.

The xbox presentation had mostly CGI "trailers".

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
Down to 86 on meta.

dance-dance-moves.gif

Remember when they trolled the ff16 scores? What now?

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
I don't see it.

My bet it's going to settle on 84~85.

Ludwig

9 Feb 2023

My bet it's going to settle on 84~85.
I see it now. Thanks

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States

So, yesterday someone on Reddit suggested a mod that removes all shadows and gtao to see if that stops crashing, and so far, the game has indeed stopped crashing, I want to say it's far uglier but it's not that different, models still have their own shadows and highlights, they just don't cast a shadow on the worldspace.

With that said, I'm moving to blame BGS as incompetent programmers, how the fuck you make shadows crash the game?

To be fair, Creation Engine is the AAA version of RPG Maker. Super versatile, but very archaic and unoptimized for modern standards.

• fire
Reactions: Sircaw