The Doomers and Gloomers, Sony is dying thread.

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
But that is the point...

You don't need to hit sales milestones of Nintendo IPs.
If the game is profitable it will better to have 10 x 2 million seller than 1 x 20 million seller.

Plus with 10 games you build more diverse userbase than 1 game... when I mean more diverse is that PS user usually buys any type of game while Nintendo users have a hard time to go out of the Nintendo bubble.
Those 10x2 million sellers you mentioned only work if they release games in a 2-3 year turnover time, we now have these lazy bums on 5-6 and sometimes 7-8 yrs dev timelines. And guess what 1x30 million or 2x30 million company is not the one looking to port their games to pc.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Games differentiate themselves from other mediums based on allowing the person to immerse himself because he controls the character. There is no difference between these games and B grade horror flicks where we push a button once every 10 mins.

Some people may like these type of "games" but if Sony ever wants to hit the sales milestones of Nintendo IP's for their games then they need to focus more on gameplay so more PS 5 owners buy their games instead of chasing the PC crowd with their begging bowl
The difference is you can control it, with choices, decisions and are more involved. Its limited and different, but its unique thing only video games can do. Not asking for every game to be like that, but once in awhile its nice.

Nintendo is in a different position. No1 was praising there gameplay with those same games during Wii U. Those same games broke records for Switch.

Zelda and Mario are mascots. You can out other characters in their spin offs and they wouldnt sell.
Mario Kart gameplay hasnt changed in years.
Animal Crossing there best selling game ever isnt exactly much of gameplay power house.
Plenty of games with great gameplay though from Zelda, Fire Emblem, Mario, Metroid, Splatoon, Adv Wars, Luigi Mansion, Pikmin etc.

I love Nintendo games, have great gameplay. Not something Playstation can imitate easily, Astrobot is the closest thing.

But Sony does there own stuff and does great gameplay wise. Bloodborne, GOW, TLOU2, GOT, Spiderman 2, Returnal, Astrobot, HellDivers etc have all great gameplay and variety. They are missing there smaller titles though with more variety

Last edited:
Reactions: quest4441

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Those 10x2 million sellers you mentioned only work if they release games in a 2-3 year turnover time, we now have these lazy bums on 5-6 and sometimes 7-8 yrs dev timelines. And guess what 1x30 million or 2x30 million company is not the one looking to port their games to pc.

Nintendo’s model isnt exactly fail proof. They have struggled after every successful console.
Lets see what happens next gen and how close tech wise they are.
They arent gonna have as many Wii U, Wii, Gamecube ports to support Switch 2 between the release of new games. They are gonna have to make alot more games from scratch and now people will expect more than Wii U level games. Just like fans always do after Ninendo does well.
They might have another amazing generation, or they might fuck up like usual. But considering its gonna be another hybrid it will be more than fine.

Games like TLOU2, Spiderman 2, GOW Ragnarok, GOT have all made huge profits. There not being ported to PC because they didnt make enough money, they are being ported to make extra money. Silly in my opinion but its not because they are struggling lol

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Sony releases 3-4 games per year 🤷‍♂️

BillyZ

18 Jul 2024
"I'm really sick of the constant remasters and remakes, especially for games that are already playable on the PS5."

Um, then don't buy them? Nobody is forcing you to play them. Plenty of other games. 🤦‍♂️
Of course we won't buy them but that's not enough. I don't want even a second wasted working on irrelevant remasters or remakes.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
"I'm really sick of the constant remasters and remakes, especially for games that are already playable on the PS5."

Um, then don't buy them? Nobody is forcing you to play them. Plenty of other games. 🤦‍♂️
For me it just matters how much of the resources they are using for these remasters/remakes.
If it doesnt effect the teams current new projects, I have no problem. Its actually a good thing. If its stopping the newer games by alot then it sucks

KvallyX

Veteran
Icon Extra
13 Nov 2023
Your Mom
For me it just matters how much of the resources they are using for these remasters/remakes.
If it doesnt effect the teams current new projects, I have no problem. Its actually a good thing. If its stopping the newer games by alot then it sucks
Maybe some of those teams need the revenue/profits from the sales of the remasters/remakes to help fund a new game? Just another idea?

• Informative
Reactions: Kokoloko

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
But it does have those features.

The PC VR game needs to supports them.

You think Haptic feedback and Adaptive triggers automatically work on every game?

The games need to support it.
No…that’s not how it works. Just like I told that silly kid @ethomaz Developers can’t just “turn it on”, “the games need to support it”….no, it’s not that simple. It’s completely unavailable until a very complex solution is created, which will take years. If these features were simple to enable, Sony would’ve just done so with the adapter. Even if a developer wanted to add foveated rendering, haptic feedback, adaptive triggers to PCVR, they can’t. Devs can’t magically add what they don’t have access to.

• haha
Reactions: ethomaz

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
Casuals aren't buying gaming PCs, stop cherry picking those few PC die-hards comments from Twitter

A lot of those people talking about playing games on pc are running on potato laptops at that. They are just trolling and it works, look at this thread.

I’d be surprised if wukong doesn’t sell more in the US on PS5 judging by all those terrible benchmark test pics im seeing.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Kokoloko

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
No…that’s not how it works. Just like I told that silly kid @ethomaz Developers can’t just “turn it on”, “the games need to support it”….no, it’s not that simple. It’s completely unavailable until a very complex solution is created, which will take years. If these features were simple to enable, Sony would’ve just done so with the adapter. Even if a developer wanted to add foveated rendering, haptic feedback, adaptive triggers to PCVR, they can’t. Devs can’t magically add what they don’t have access to.

Likewise PSVR2 can’t force those features if the games don’t support them.

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
Likewise PSVR2 can’t force those features if the games don’t support them.
We’ve already established that these features are not available on PC….even if developers wanted to implement them, they can’t. So why are you bringing up “forcing features”? You're just arguing for the sake of arguing

• haha
Reactions: ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
That is your issue to understand.

There is nothing blocked to developer access at all.
The hardware is the same.
When you plug the PSVR2 on PC it if fully available to developers.

Sony didn't make a feature less PSVR2 just for PC.

Sony said it is not available in PC because there is no software there to make use of these features yet.
Not that PSVR2 doesn't have these features lol

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
Sony said it is not available in PC because there is no software there to make use of these features.
Not that PSVR2 doesn't have these features lol
No, they said that because people using it on VR should never expect it, even in future titles. If I'm developing a game right now for PCVR and wanted to add these features, I literally cannot, but if I want to add it for PS5 VR, I easily can. On PC, developers don't even have the option, maybe in a few years when modders figure it out, but not anytime soon. What don't you understand?

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
No, they said that because people using it on VR should never expect it, even in future titles. If I'm developing a game right now for PCVR and wanted to add these features, I literally cannot, but if I want to add it for PS5 VR, I easily can. On PC, developers don't even have the option, maybe in a few years when modders figure it out, but not anytime soon. What don't you understand?
But if I want to add these features using PSVR2 on PC I can... developer just need to create the software part.
The hardware already exists.