The Doomers and Gloomers, Sony is dying thread.

OP
OP
N

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡

Ain't no one wanting to spend thousands on a PC to wait 1-3 years for games that are already available on PS5. This post is a troll.
You don’t have to spend thousands for a “PC” you can get a “PC” that’s the same price as a PS console that play PS5 games.

Also you don’t have to wait 1-3 to play PS games. It’s more like 1-2 years & that will likely shorten when Nixxes catches up & PS studios design these games to be ported to PC much easier just like SM2. And in some cases like remakes/remaster such as Until Dawn there day n date is this a one off who k owns but clearly PS leadership has no problem w day n date singleplayer I would put it past them for the rumored GOW trilogy remake being day n date on PC or the rumored Uncharted 1 remake being day n date on PC.

TubzGaming

Admin | Mod
Moderating
21 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
PSN ID
Tubz_Gaming
You don’t have to spend thousands for a “PC” you can get a “PC” that’s the same price as a PS console that play PS5 games.
Screenshot 2024-08-16 152713.jpg

That's without Keyboard/Mouse/Screens/Software etc

Yes you "can" play games on PCs that are around the same price as a PS5 but you will have to goto 1440k 30/60 - 1080p 60 for most if not all the games

If you can build a PC that matches a PS5s performance with Sony first party titles for the same or less go right a head and share with the class

BillyZ

18 Jul 2024
View attachment 5457

Yes you "can" play games on PCs that are around the same price as a PS5 but you will have to goto 1440k 30/60 - 1080p 60 for most if not all the games

If you can build a PC that matches a PS5s performance with Sony first party titles for the same or less go right a head and share with the class
What's the point? You don't need a PC? Just spend a little more and make it a gaming PC. And hey you dont' need a PlayStation anymore so here's $500 extra for your PC budget.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
View attachment 5457

SDD is shit compared to PS5. it can't match performance of PS5 at all.

around the ''same'' price, you wanted to say, price is 2X :D

Dick Jones

Corporate Dick
Icon Extra
5 Jul 2022

Convenience of having the games work out of the box v higher prices and self education on repair work makes it easier for the casual consumer. Dropping consoles would be the end of the casual gamer as they would swim in the mobile phone pool only.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
View attachment 5457

753 quid and you still need to put the damn thing together.

I wonder how that system you linked will compare to the ps5 pro which I would imagine will still be cheaper than that too.

Reactions: Would_you_kindly

Al Catone

Whiskers
Staff member
18 Jun 2024
753 quid and you still need to put the damn thing together.

I wonder how that system you linked will compare to the ps5 pro which I would imagine will still be cheaper than that too.

That systems terrible, but it might just be more powerful than a series S lol

• haha
Reactions: Sircaw

BillyZ

18 Jul 2024

Good news is that every Sony game is designed to work on a shit SSD because you know all their games end up on PC eventually. Too bad they didn't warn Cerny in time, could have avoided a lot of unnecessary work.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Good news is that every Sony game is designed to work on a shit SSD because you know all their games end up on PC eventually. Too bad they didn't warn Cerny in time, could have avoided a lot of unnecessary work.
work =/ same performance.

as a gamer, i highly prefer playing, instead of making a dump or making food while my game is loading... especially souls games.. but it is just me :D

SuperPotato

1 Mar 2024

Also you don’t have to wait 1-3 to play PS games. It’s more like 1-2 years & that will likely shorten when Nixxes catches up & PS studios design these games to be ported to PC much easier just like SM2. And in some cases like remakes/remaster such as Until Dawn there day n date is this a one off who k owns but clearly PS leadership has no problem w day n date singleplayer I would put it past them for the rumored GOW trilogy remake being day n date on PC or the rumored Uncharted 1 remake being day n date on PC.

Or i could just get a PS5 for 449€ with guaranteed day 1 first party releases and no potencial PC jank.

KvallyX

Veteran
Icon Extra
13 Nov 2023
Your Mom
no potencial PC jank.

Dis Gonna Be Good Jason Momoa GIF

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Maybe you when the game hits PC you brought a better one for you enjoy 😘

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
can people on this site stop being hypocrites? to think that PC ports and putting PS Plus everywhere even Smart TVs and Firestick devices like i already made a whole thread about here 2 months ago won’t have an effect on console sales is to be completely DELUSIONAL, you know that video where Steve Jobs talks about how tasteless and how little culture MS brings into their products? Sony has become the exact same company, PlayStation is no longer a desirable or unique PLATFORM to be in, and when i mean they’re no longer desirable or unique, is simply that there’s absolutely nothing on PlayStation that you won’t be able to play on other devices, even a Legion Go or a Rog Ally, they’ll always sell PlayStation consoles to people who are already on console, but they won’t attrack people from outside of their box to come to it, this “bringing people from PC to PS5” bs that they talk about is just an excuse to not worry investors about their dire long term future when it comes to hardware, when ps consoles start to have the very same fate xbox consoles had, i wanna see every single one of y’all motherfuckers who chose to ignore the writing on the wall years before

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
you WILL see more and more singleplayer PS Studios games hitting PC day and date like Until Dawn Remake, like LEGO Horizon Adventures, the rumoured God Of War Remake? PC day and date, Uncharted 1 Remake? PC day and date, it’s just a matter of time before they also put new tentpole releases like a Spiderman 4 day one on PC aswell, and then there won’t even be a timed exclusivity like it currently has, we all know this will happen in the long term future and they’re slowly but surely trying to get away with this

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
just like they got away with charging console users to play online on the very same servers PC users do in games that they release on the platform, completely making PC the best place to play their own multiplayer titles… they will get away with day one PC releases cause PS fanboys are blind people who move goal posts constantly to defend this brand

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
no potencial PC jank.
But... That's what we are getting on PS5 because of their PC initiative. Not as severe, but it's already showing. Most recent example is Helldivers 2, which is still full of bugs (not the enemy type of bugs).

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
can people on this site stop being hypocrites? to think that PC ports and putting PS Plus everywhere even Smart TVs and Firestick devices like i already made a whole thread about here 2 months ago won’t have an effect on console sales is to be completely DELUSIONAL, you know that video where Steve Jobs talks about how tasteless and how little culture MS brings into their products? Sony has become the exact same company, PlayStation is no longer a desirable or unique PLATFORM to be in, and when i mean they’re no longer desirable or unique, is simply that there’s absolutely nothing on PlayStation that you won’t be able to play on other devices, even a Legion Go or a Rog Ally, they’ll always sell PlayStation consoles to people who are already on console, but they won’t attrack people from outside of their box to come to it, this “bringing people from PC to PS5” bs that they talk about is just an excuse to not worry investors about their dire long term future when it comes to hardware, when ps consoles start to have the very same fate xbox consoles had, i wanna see every single one of y’all motherfuckers who chose to ignore the writing on the wall years before
These guys always keep their heads in the sand until it’s too late, they’ll deny it forever and then when it happens they’ll just say “it’s not a big deal”.