The Doomers and Gloomers, Sony is dying thread.

OP
OP
N

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
  • They want to hear from PC players that want to play Astro Bot
  • Mark Cerny played it, put the controller down and said "Now this is a game"
PC PC PC PC PC PC

I just can’t hear it anymore 🤢
If they want to play Astro bot get a PS5 console.

This whole oh we’re hearing feedback for the PC players if they want to play completely negates the reason of it being exclusive. Astro bot isn’t exclusive it’s timed & will go to PC. Because if it was exclusive there wouldn’t even be mentions of PC.

Sony gave an inch & now PS studios will continue pushing for there games to be on PC day n date or withing 6 month to 1 year & it ultimately hurts PS because instead of Team Asobi working on there next PS exclusive there working 6 month to 1 year on a PC port or they will design there game simultaneously w PC either harming quality or increasing the time of output.

It be one thing if PS games went to PC & where exclusive to the PS PC launcher like Ubisoft, Epic or Riot it’s another thing to make PC port & give them to Steam who has a better platform, a better storefront, a better ecosystem, more players interacting w Steam the PS & hardware that dominates the emote PC gaming landscape. Steam is a competitor to PS & rn they have PS in a choke hold in gaming. Valve/Steam will push Microsoft entirely in the PC market if Steam continues to wedge itself as the only & definite storefront/platform to play game on PC. Wouldn’t be surprised if Valve/Steam made it where Steam could only be access through Linux further making MS windows obsolete because rn you really only need Steam in the PC space regarding gaming you really don’t need Windows & I’d imagine Valve will make Linux easier for developers etc

Reactions: Puff

SuperPotato

1 Mar 2024
If they want to play Astro bot get a PS5 console.

This whole oh we’re hearing feedback for the PC players if they want to play completely negates the reason of it being exclusive. Astro bot isn’t exclusive it’s timed & will go to PC. Because if it was exclusive there wouldn’t even be mentions of PC.

Sony gave an inch & now PS studios will continue pushing for there games to be on PC day n date or withing 6 month to 1 year & it ultimately hurts PS because instead of Team Asobi working on there next PS exclusive there working 6 month to 1 year on a PC port or they will design there game simultaneously w PC either harming quality or increasing the time of output.

It be one thing if PS games went to PC & where exclusive to the PS PC launcher like Ubisoft, Epic or Riot it’s another thing to make PC port & give them to Steam who has a better platform, a better storefront, a better ecosystem, more players interacting w Steam the PS & hardware that dominates the emote PC gaming landscape. Steam is a competitor to PS & rn they have PS in a choke hold in gaming. Valve/Steam will push Microsoft entirely in the PC market if Steam continues to wedge itself as the only & definite storefront/platform to play game on PC. Wouldn’t be surprised if Valve/Steam made it where Steam could only be access through Linux further making MS windows obsolete because rn you really only need Steam in the PC space regarding gaming you really don’t need Windows & I’d imagine Valve will make Linux easier for developers etc

Even i'm considering to make the jump (all i need is a GPU) but this whole shader compilation bs is holding me back.

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
Even i'm considering to make the jump (all i need is a GPU) but this whole shader compilation bs is holding me back.
Anything above a 70 in the nvidia lineup is very good and you wont have as many problems, its not like PS 5 is having a good time on the UE 5 games lol. When the 50 series launches the 4080/4090 will go down in price and a good option to buy.

Buying on PC seems to be the best thing for us customers as we will have better features and cost less. Sony thinks of us as chumps who will blindly consume, they make garbage like concord and fairgames on one hand and for the decent/good games they have they "want to hear from PC players". JFC talk about tone deafness

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Neversummer

TrishaCat

Veteran
17 May 2024

If yall were really considering PC wouldn't you *want* them to support the platform better so that your claim of it being the best place to play the games is actually true?
The PSN account tying itself really hurts it; I know Sony has games on GoG so maybe the drm free stuff won't suffer this, but at least on Steam, I get the impression Sony games aren't really kind to people who play offline on the platform.

TrishaCat

Veteran
17 May 2024
Shader comp isnt that annoying
Depends on how frequent it is. The ideal is to have shader compilation when first launching the game. Frequent shader comp during gameplay causing frequent stutters can be annoying if it happens enough. At the very least it inhibits the good feel of silky smooth gameplay.
I can't say I've ever dealt with it being especially annoying in any native pc games I've played, but shader comp during emulation is awful.

SuperPotato

1 Mar 2024
Why tf would you sell your gpu over it only to start considering getting a gpu again to go back to the platform? A 6800XT is nothing to sneeze at. Good gpu.

i barely used my PC for gaming at the time and the few times i did, it suffered from shader stutter. Doesn't make much sense but yeah xD

TrishaCat

Veteran
17 May 2024
i barely used my PC for gaming at the time and the few times i did, it suffered from shader stutter. Doesn't make much sense but yeah xD
Fair enough. Well if you snag yourself a new gpu and get back into it, good luck and have fun! Here's hoping these issues get sorted out with time.

Killer_Sakoman

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Anything above a 70 in the nvidia lineup is very good and you wont have as many problems, its not like PS 5 is having a good time on the UE 5 games lol. When the 50 series launches the 4080/4090 will go down in price and a good option to buy.

Buying on PC seems to be the best thing for us customers as we will have better features and cost less. Sony thinks of us as chumps who will blindly consume, they make garbage like concord and fairgames on one hand and for the decent/good games they have they "want to hear from PC players". JFC talk about tone deafness
I believe 5070 will be as fast as 4080 with much lower price.
I need a full new build. Mine is from 2015. Cannot even run Windows 11. I haven't been gaming on PC since end of 2017.

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
Does the PS5 Pro not interest you at all?
We still don't know how much of a CPU boost we will get on the Pro and the PSSR is an enigma and I dont think we will get the same level of ray tracing like the nvidia GPU's. But ultimately they dont have any games to even get us to buy the pro lol

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
We still don't know how much of a CPU boost we will get on the Pro and the PSSR is an enigma and I dont think we will get the same level of ray tracing like the nvidia GPU's. But ultimately they dont have any games to even get us to buy the pro lol
Well, if the PS5 Pro costs, say, £599, that's a whole system vs. a single Nvidia card. From some of the reports I read, Ray tracing is meant to be double-triple in some cases, but granted, that still might not be a lot as it was not very good on the base model.

Would the problem of not having games to play still be the same for PCs, too? I mean, most big-budget games are released on PS5S consoles anyway.

Besides, maybe it's a problem for yourself and others, but for me, I have not even played the new Final Fantasy, Dragons Dogma, Stella Blade, Like a Dragon, and so on, and I would look forward to a bunch of new patches offering better performance.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Well, if the PS5 Pro costs, say, £599, that's a whole system vs. a single Nvidia card. From some of the reports I read, Ray tracing is meant to be double-triple in some cases, but granted, that still might not be a lot as it was not very good on the base model.

Would the problem of not having games to play still be the same for PCs, too? I mean, most big-budget games are released on PS5S consoles anyway.

Besides, maybe it's a problem for yourself and others, but for me, I have not even played the new Final Fantasy, Dragons Dogma, Stella Blade, Like a Dragon, and so on, and I would look forward to a bunch of new patches offering better performance.
A 2-3x improvement in raytracing won't result in magic. It would probably put it around 3070 Ti or 3080 levels, which isn't bad. You could get a decent upscaled 4k30 with high raytracing settings. Or maybe 1440p60.

Reactions: Sircaw