The Doomers and Gloomers, Sony is dying thread.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
A 2-3x improvement in raytracing won't result in magic. It would probably put it around 3070 Ti or 3080 levels, which isn't bad. You could get a decent upscaled 4k30 with high raytracing settings. Or maybe 1440p60.
Yep, 100% right. This is just a refresh, not a next-gen machine, so people must keep their expectations in check.

I, for one, will not be going overboard when they reveal it.

Jesus Eva GIF by Operación Triunfo

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
  • Astro Bot details:
  • Team size is 65 people
  • Not designed for PSVR2 at all
  • 80 Levels
  • 15 New abilities
  • 150 Special Bot Cameos
  • Will have characters that are important to PlayStation history
  • Legend of Dragoon and Dark Cloud cameos
  • PaRappa the Rapper will rap
  • 3 or 4 team members worked on Ape Escape
  • They want to hear from PC players that want to play Astro Bot
  • Mark Cerny played it, put the controller down and said "Now this is a game"
PC PC PC PC PC PC

I just can’t hear it anymore 🤢
PCStation

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
This would be a great name for Sony's PC storefront if they go that way.
there's a PSPC thophy tag registered already, matter of time before they release the launcher with a PS Plus version for PC, basically full PSN integration on PC, you'll basically download an app and have the PlayStation experience on your PC

Reactions: peter42O

Swolf712

Veteran
29 Jun 2022
Wisconsin, USA

Am I the only one but recently started be been seeing the notion that “PS5 is the console w no games” with other variants like “Nintendo Switch in its last few years had better game lineup w less power & less 3rd party support”. This notion also appeared after the Nintendo direct.

Seems like the PC port is effecting PS consoles & the prestige of previous PS console is fading. I’ve never seen so many people question the PS console & the lack of it having no true exclusive games.

This sentiment that PS5 has no games been a strong sentiment with many people agreeing & receiving positive feedback. Multiple of these post goes viral.

If I where to bet unless Sony buys a gaming publisher PS6 will sell less then PS5 & PS4.

People are really starting to look at PS console as another Xbox.

This is especially funny in light of all this nostalgia for PS3 games that supposedly didn't exist.

RE4-Station

Resident Evil Guru
Content Creator
28 Jun 2022
Anyone else notice Sony's Stock is at $97? the highest it's been since January? I wonder what is driving it so high?

Last edited:
Reactions: Vertigo

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Anyone else notice Sony's Stock is at $97? the highest it's been since January? I wonder what is driving it so high?

Yep. Sony is a good buy when it dips into the 80s.

I think it’s that blockchain announcement (maybe Wukong tbh)

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
Yes, it was released but it will look bad anyway.

It's shocking.

PlayStation needs a clean out of these decision makers and political people.

Well it won't be much different than a cancellation/delay (depending if it will ever be released again).

Reactions: Bryank75

64bitmodels

29 Sep 2022
Imagine a bloodborne remaster and a bloodborne 2 on it, you seriously saying the PC fanboys/darksouls fans would not sign up to that.
The PC fanboys are already creating their own bloodborne remaster thru emulator and Sony is too braindead to even consider the idea of a Bloodborne 2

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
The PC fanboys are already creating their own bloodborne remaster thru emulator and Sony is too braindead to even consider the idea of a Bloodborne 2

So every game under the sun from the past needs a sequel if it can be played on a PC emulator.

What sort of logic is that? PlayStation gamers now use PC gamers as a certificate of approval now?

Bloodborne needs a sequel regardless of what PC peasants are doing.

Who is gonna make it is the question. From is busy with Elden Ring and Japan studios no longer exists.

Reactions: toadsage44

64bitmodels

29 Sep 2022
So every game under the sun from the past needs a sequel if it can be played on a PC emulator.

What sort of logic is that? PlayStation gamers now use PC gamers as a certificate of approval now?
PC gamers are unlikely to sign up for another launcher for a nonexistent Bloodborne remaster (if emulation progress doesn't scare Sony into immediately working on a PS5/PC remaster nothing will.) when the homebrew community can just make their own version with an emulator.

That's all I said. Nothing about Sony being obligated to produce a Bloodborne sequel if PC dudes emulate their system.

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
PC gamers are unlikely to sign up for another launcher for a nonexistent Bloodborne remaster (if emulation progress doesn't scare Sony into immediately working on a PS5/PC remaster nothing will.) when the homebrew community can just make their own version with an emulator.

That's all I said. Nothing about Sony being obligated to produce a Bloodborne sequel if PC dudes emulate their system.

PC gamers this PC gamers that.

Exactly my point.

Playstation gamers need a remaster and a sequel.

Who cares what PC gamers want or do. Let them make an emulator for Bloodborne.

Doesn’t mean Sony should react and make a remaster for PC cause of it.

Did Nintendo make a Mario 64 for PC when a fan port appeared on PC?

Or ports of Wii, Wii U and Switch games too?

NO.