The Doomers and Gloomers, Sony is dying thread.

MiyazakiLovesKojima

Come on, guys! Let's Stay Positive for Sony Entertainment!

Let's all sing together the cringe-inducing theme song of Astro Bot, coming to PC very soon!

I am Astro Bot!

Astro Bot!

I am Astro Bot!

Astro Bot!

(Come on, lads! Sing louder 📢)

I AM ASTRO BOT! 😭

ASTRO BOT! 😫

I AM ASTRO BOT! 🤢

ASTRO BOT! 🤮

Last edited by a moderator:

Killer_Sakoman

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Come on, guys! Let's Stay Positive for Sony Entertainment!

Let's all sing together the cringe-inducing theme song of Astro Bot, coming to PC very soon!

I am Astro Bot!

Astro Bot!

I am Astro Bot!

Astro Bot!

(Come on, lads! Sing louder 📢)

I AM ASTRO BOT! 😭

ASTRO BOT! 😫

I AM ASTRO BOT! 🤢

ASTRO BOT! 🤮
They talked about it too early, suggesting that it will come in few months. No 2 year gap anymore.

Last edited by a moderator:

peter42O

Veteran
12 Jan 2024
Sony's games will be day one on PC by the time next generation starts. Personally, I will still be playing their games on my PlayStation 6 and don't give two shits if others get to play the game at the same time as me. That literally changes nothing for me.

Astro Bot is looking like an excellent 9.0/10 so future PC port or not, doesn't change a damn thing for me.

24 Jun 2022
JFC I know SIE's made some dumb moves of late but FFS can we stop with the Day 1 PC hopium & dooming for a bit? I don't get the defeatist attitude, or the spiteful Xbox-turned-PCMR attitude either. They're both lame.

Ironically the people hoping SIE abandon GAAS altogether are the ones who are going to end up making Day 1 PC happen for all games. That's why I've been a lot more measured WRT their GAAS strategy as a whole. Day 1 PC for all non-GAAS will basically kill PlayStation hardware sales in swift order. 120-million a gen install bases are going to fall to 70-80 million a gen, at best, and it'll be a monumental struggle for SIE to make up the losses in revenue and profit if a decent slice of high-ARPU hardcore/core enthusiast whales leave the console behind.

If you actually LIKE SIE's games and PlayStation as a platform, you shouldn't want this to happen. But we've got a lot of dummies and bad-faithers in the fandom now, sadly.

peter42O

Veteran
12 Jan 2024
I really hope that once Astro Bot releases in two days that people can stop dooming and glooming acting like PlayStation 5 is like Wii U or some shit and just play and enjoy Astro Bot on their PlayStation 5.

BillyZ

18 Jul 2024
I really hope that once Astro Bot releases in two days that people can stop dooming and glooming acting like PlayStation 5 is like Wii U or some shit and just play and enjoy Astro Bot on their PlayStation 5.
Took them till September to finally release a game with no idea about what's next and I should be happy or impressed? Fuck that.

Reactions: arvfab
31 Aug 2024
Sony's games will be day one on PC by the time next generation starts. Personally, I will still be playing their games on my PlayStation 6 and don't give two shits if others get to play the game at the same time as me. That literally changes nothing for me.

Astro Bot is looking like an excellent 9.0/10 so future PC port or not, doesn't change a damn thing for me.
I don't understand why console fanboys get upset when their exclusives release on other platforms like how does it effect you if more people get to play a game

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
I don't understand why console fanboys get upset when their exclusives release on other platforms like how does it effect you if more people get to play a game

Because the quality drops. More bugs, design changes due to having to consider less powerful hardware. Also the possibilities are high that the games which are made aren't tailored anymore to the core userbase or that they don't make fully use of a console's capabilities.

It's already happening now, with the push for GaaS and 1st party games quality and quantity dropping.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Gediminas
31 Aug 2024
Because the quality drops. More bugs, design changes due to having to consider less powerful hardware. Also the possibilities are high that the games which are made aren't tailored anymore to the core userbase or that they don't make fully use of a console's capabilities.

It's already happening now, with the push for GaaS and 1st party games quality and quantity dropping.
How does the quality drop Alan Wake 2 is a multiplatform game and it's great

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Took them till September to finally release a game with no idea about what's next and I should be happy or impressed? Fuck that.
I played plenty of Helldivers 2, Stellar Blade and Rise of the Ronin this year but I guess you're one of those that say "it doesn't count" because it's not a first-party studio? You had Concord 🤷

31 Aug 2024
JFC I know SIE's made some dumb moves of late but FFS can we stop with the Day 1 PC hopium & dooming for a bit? I don't get the defeatist attitude, or the spiteful Xbox-turned-PCMR attitude either. They're both lame.

Ironically the people hoping SIE abandon GAAS altogether are the ones who are going to end up making Day 1 PC happen for all games. That's why I've been a lot more measured WRT their GAAS strategy as a whole. Day 1 PC for all non-GAAS will basically kill PlayStation hardware sales in swift order. 120-million a gen install bases are going to fall to 70-80 million a gen, at best, and it'll be a monumental struggle for SIE to make up the losses in revenue and profit if a decent slice of high-ARPU hardcore/core enthusiast whales leave the console behind.

If you actually LIKE SIE's games and PlayStation as a platform, you shouldn't want this to happen. But we've got a lot of dummies and bad-faithers in the fandom now, sadly.
Why are you so against day 1 PC more people being able to play a game is better for the gaming community this is really some toxic fanboy logic

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: peter42O

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
How does the quality drop Alan Wake 2 is a multiplatform game and it's great

But you will never know how much better it could've been if it was developed for a single, fixed hardware. Multiplatform development always means that corners are cut.

31 Aug 2024
But you will never know how much better it could've been if it was developed for a single, fixed hardware. Multiplatform development always means that corners are cut.
I would also never know how better the gaming community would be without toxic fanboys but yet here we are

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
I would also never know how better the gaming community would be without toxic fanboys but yet here we are

Yeah sad thing, with all the people wanting games, but not wanting to buy the platform. Lot of crybabies, you are right.