The Doomers and Gloomers, Sony is dying thread.

BillyZ

18 Jul 2024
I played plenty of Helldivers 2, Stellar Blade and Rise of the Ronin this year but I guess you're one of those that say "it doesn't count" because it's not a first-party studio? You had Concord 🤷
I have high standards for gaming so here's my rules
GAAS don't count
Irrelevant remasters or remakes don't count
Games with a Metacritic score under 80 don't count
so I guess they released Stellar Blade earlier in the year but I played the demo and didn't like it too much

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
Why do you care so much what platform a person plays a game on just enjoy your games and move on with your day

Again, it's very simple: multiplatform development decreases quality. Why should MY experience be negatively affected because people don't want to buy the platform a game is released on?

Reactions: toadsage44

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
But you will never know how much better it could've been if it was developed for a single, fixed hardware. Multiplatform development always means that corners are cut.
It is not just quality, did they recouped the cost? No. So they can bankrupt because of it? Yeah if you continue long enough.
Multiplatform can add years to development of the game.

Last edited:
Reactions: arvfab

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
Just admit you're a fanboy and want to gatekeep games

If being selfish, as it's my experience at risk and my money spent, means being a gatekeeping fanboy, I guess I am. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Will you admit of being one of the crybabies I mentioned earlier?

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
I have high standards for gaming so here's my rules
GAAS don't count
Irrelevant remasters or remakes don't count
Games with a Metacritic score under 80 don't count
so I guess they released Stellar Blade earlier in the year but I played the demo and didn't like it too much
Wtf? So you making argument with your most ridiculous arbitrary standards.
It is like cenconship, unless you use and follow our standards and what i accept, nothing else matter 😂

31 Aug 2024
Notice how the accusation of gatekeeping only ever goes one way. None of these people care when Nintendo has exclusives, or PC has exclusives. Or when PS is left off as a platform.
I have no problem with Nintendo releasing exclusives elsewhere I also have no problem with PC exclusives making their way to console the more people that get to enjoy video games the better

• haha

BillyZ

18 Jul 2024
Wtf? So you making argument with your most ridiculous arbitrary standards.
It is like cenconship, unless you use and follow our standards and what i accept, nothing else matter 😂
I like what I like. Why should I care about shit I don't like?

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
I have no problem with Nintendo releasing exclusives elsewhere I also have no problem with PC exclusives making their way to console the more people that get to enjoy video games the better
or you can just simply buy the platform the game is on and stop crying, these mfs are going to cry that costco doesn't bring their hotdogs to sell at kroger next

31 Aug 2024
or you can just simply buy the platform the game is on and stop crying, these mfs are going to cry that costco doesn't bring their hotdogs to sell at kroger next
How would you feel if a movie studio like Paramount or WB made it so you couldn't watch their blu rays on any blu ray player and you had to buy a specific one from said company

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
How would you feel if a movie studio like Paramount or WB made it so you couldn't watch their blu rays on any blu ray player and you had to buy a specific one from said company
If I really really wanted to watch that blu-ray, I would buy that specific player, especially if that player had many more movies exclusive to it.

The alternative would be to simply not watch that movie if I don't care enough for it to buy dedicated hardware. It's not like I'm going to die if I miss out on it.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
It is their movie, their finances and what they are trying to do with it.
There are plenty of series locked behind certain creators, like Dysney. What they have? 200M subscribers.