The Doomers and Gloomers, Sony is dying thread.

peter42O

Veteran
12 Jan 2024
Took them till September to finally release a game with no idea about what's next and I should be happy or impressed? Fuck that.

I guess you don't count Sony's published games Rise of the Ronin and Stellar Blade? I do and enjoyed both of them with Stellar being my current game of the year. No idea what's next? Tsushima 2, TLOUP3 at some point, Naughty Dog new IP, Barlog's new IP, etc. Granted, we don't know exactly what's coming but we all know that Sony has stuff coming.

I must be the only person here who has no concerns about Sony and PlayStation 5. They've dominated for 30 years and will probably dominate for the next 30 years.

I don't understand why console fanboys get upset when their exclusives release on other platforms like how does it effect you if more people get to play a game

It's bragging rights/console wars/list wars bullshit. I'm the Xbox guy here and Doom: The Dark Ages releases on PlayStation 5 day one which will not affect me liking or disliking the game. I'm either going to like and enjoy it or im not.

• Cerny
Reactions: MiyazakiLovesKojima

MiyazakiLovesKojima

I guess you don't count Sony's published games Rise of the Ronin and Stellar Blade? I do and enjoyed both of them with Stellar being my current game of the year. No idea what's next? Tsushima 2, TLOUP3 at some point, Naughty Dog new IP, Barlog's new IP, etc. Granted, we don't know exactly what's coming but we all know that Sony has stuff coming.

I must be the only person here who has no concerns about Sony and PlayStation 5. They've dominated for 30 years and will probably dominate for the next 30 years.

It's bragging rights/console wars/list wars bullshit. I'm the Xbox guy here and Doom: The Dark Ages releases on PlayStation 5 day one which will not affect me liking or disliking the game. I'm either going to like and enjoy it or im not.
Happy In Love GIF by TLC Europe

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
someone needs to be held responsible for these studio closures, game cancellations and failed acquisitions, as the now CEO and at the time head of PlayStation Studios, he was the one who supervised these projects, he was also very vocal AGAINST Days Gone 2 because Sony already had one successful IP with zombie/post apocaliptic theme, he was also PRO closing all Japanese Studios (Japan Studio, Polyphony Digital), he's a cancer to PlayStation and i bet many of the initiatives about multiplatform started because of him (Horizon Zero Dawn first game to go to PC, Horizon LEGO Adventures the first game to go to Nintendo Switch) both are from his former studio, Guerrila.

Reactions: Diah

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
coincidentally, thanks to him being vocal AGAINST Days Gone 2, Bend Studio is now a hybrid studio making a Live Service game with a Campaign, if it fails... then what?

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
Even on Astro Bot day, it's doom and gloom. Can't you guys give it a break for one freaking day?? SMH
no doom and gloom here, as the head of PS Studios he NEEDS to be held accountable, Coonie Booth was fired for so much less... who took her place? Angie Smets, another Guerrilla veteran, doesn't that sound strange to you? it seems like Sony is giving this dude too much credit and space for failures

OP
OP
N

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
I’m all for it. Herman & Jim did irreparable damage to PS & the PS platform/storefront. Nothing but diminish meant the last 4 years instead of doubling & tripling down on the console just like Nintendo, in the other hand Nintendo is doubling down on the Switch 2 & they’ll likely exceed 5+ Nintendo games per year if we go by anything on Switch 1 while PS can barely output 1 singleplayer game if there lucky w 3rd party saving PS ass which should not be the case & is quite dangerous from a competition & output perspective

Reactions: Diah and toadsage44

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Since we're on the topic of hermen

Very interesting quote. Armchair psychologist and "professional" body language expert analysis mode tells me this dude is sweating bullets over the failure of Concord and is really trying to latch on to astrobot as a life preserver lmao

peter42O

Veteran
12 Jan 2024
no doom and gloom here, as the head of PS Studios he NEEDS to be held accountable, Coonie Booth was fired for so much less... who took her place? Angie Smets, another Guerrilla veteran, doesn't that sound strange to you? it seems like Sony is giving this dude too much credit and space for failures

Booth was fired by Ryan but none of us know the truth to that story. Hulst and Smets being in their current positions is via Ryan because like him or not, he built PlayStation into a powerhouse in Europe which is where they dominate the most. Concord was in development for 8+ years. Can't blame Hulst for a game that was never going to be changed design wise because it was simply too late. Could you argue that the game should have been cancelled instead of released? Sure but at the same time, you're better off releasing the game even if it's shit because those that work at the studio deserve the game they spent working on for years to hit the market and see what it can do if anything.

Thousands of games release every year. A few are massive hits, some are good but not great, majority are mediocre and some are shit. Concord was in the mediocre category. Going off on Hulst isn't changing anything especially since he just got his new position a few months ago but if he's responsible for Concord then he's also responsible for the 95 rated game in Astro Bot he just released today but instead of playing it, you're complaining about Concord and Hulst.

Concord is dead and Hulst isn't going anywhere so cozy up with a blanket on your couch and feel some happiness and joy while playing Astro Bot!! :)

31 Aug 2024
"Sometimes".

SIE has ported virtually 85% of their 1P games released this gen to PC by now, and the PS5 Pro hasn't even launched yet.

Assuming the Nvidia leak is still happening, GT7 and Demon's Souls are next up. Can't forget about Spiderman 2. So in terms of non-GAAS all PS5 would have that's still exclusive is....Astro Bot?

A whopping one game, and that's very much what it could end up looking like between early 2025 and whenever Death Stranding 2 is set to release. That is absolutely abysmal for what is meant to be the centerpiece of their gaming operations. Take off your blinders.

This is why a lot of us are hoping the plans regarding ports have changed significantly, because as-is future momentum for PS consoles will basically start to dry up. Unless the next PlayStation is basically a gaming PC (which still introduces a whole host of problems, like what OS would it use and how would SIE make it BC with all PS1-PS5 games that don't have ports on PC).
PC ports are going to continue to happen. I want to play my games on PC because they run better and I can mod them if I want. At the end of the day Sony still gets my money

• haha
Reactions: arvfab

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
he WAS vocal against Days Gone 2, the creator of the game said it himself
Dude I wont take the word of a malding guy who now works on nft games. Days Gone is a good game, great even, but the pitch for the sequel was declined internally at bend and never reached SIE management. John Garvin is now just acting like an ex who can't let it go.