What Are You Playing Right Now?

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
Put enough playtime into ZZZ on PS5 to finish the current story content and being relatively "close" to the platinum. Of course without spending a single cent. Didn't like Genshin, too similar to Bore of the Wild, and Honkai was/is ok (will probably continue to play it from time to time on the phone though), but ZZZ is more interesting in almost every aspect.

Reactions: anonpuffs

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Put enough playtime into ZZZ on PS5 to finish the current story content and being relatively "close" to the platinum. Of course without spending a single cent. Didn't like Genshin, too similar to Bore of the Wild, and Honkai was/is ok (will probably continue to play it from time to time on the phone though), but ZZZ is more interesting in almost every aspect.
Yeah, underneath the gacha the game is great. It's just a shame it's a f2p gaas because if they put it out as a standalone game without all the bullshit limiters it'd be incredible

Reactions: arvfab

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
Think I'm gonna start Pacific Drive soon. I'm just about done with Metro DLC. Still have Sly Cooper, Front Mission 2, Bully, Yakuza IW, Alone in the Dark remake and Fahrenheit/Indigo Prophecy. Oh yeah, Far Cry 6 is still sealed and I bought that months ago. Borderlands 2 too.

But hey, I'm getting there.

• Shake
Reactions: 2spooky5me

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
Yeah, underneath the gacha the game is great. It's just a shame it's a f2p gaas because if they put it out as a standalone game without all the bullshit limiters it'd be incredible
At least their games can be played completely solo and at your pace.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
At least their games can be played completely solo and at your pace.
oh yeah. for me the difference is that you still had stuff to do when you ran out of energy in genshin. in zenless it's just hollow zero and shiyu defense which is ok, but is kind of tedious to grind. Also the difficulty scaling is crazy compared to spiral abyss in genshin, I have decently built teams and I'm nowhere near the DPS required to S-clear even the rotating level 4 shiyu defense

Reactions: arvfab

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
oh yeah. for me the difference is that you still had stuff to do when you ran out of energy in genshin. in zenless it's just hollow zero and shiyu defense which is ok, but is kind of tedious to grind. Also the difficulty scaling is crazy compared to spiral abyss in genshin, I have decently built teams and I'm nowhere near the DPS required to S-clear even the rotating level 4 shiyu defense

I barely beat "standard" level 10 (got a B) and only managed to do the first rotating one (with an A, if I remember correctly).

My Inter-Knot level is still 44, so my "main" team is only level 50, + some level 40 as "support". I will just wait for the dailies to grind and to raise the Inky relationship in the meantime.

I guess because of my Intern-Knot level I'm also still missing some missions, as I've not unlocked the "All Proxy Tasks Completed" trophy yet.

Btw I'm still mad I didn't pull Ellen. Together with Lyacon and Soukako I have, it would have been a killer ice team. At least I got the current banner girl (forgot the name), which is also a good supplement to the two.

26 Nov 2023
Btw I'm still mad I didn't pull Ellen. Together with Lyacon and Soukako I have, it would have been a killer ice team. At least I got the current banner girl (forgot the name), which is also a good supplement to the two.

I feel you lol I managed to pull a dupe Lycaon and C5 Soukaku T.T Kicking myself for not taking the plunge with Ellen. Now I'm 70 pulls into Zhu's banner and still haven't gotten her lol My choices in this game betrays me.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Finally got to third area of Rise of Ronin. I’m starting to get Deja vu with the open world loop. This is what playing Witcher 3 felt like playing but key difference here is that Ronin doesn’t have a narrative or characters worth paying attention to. You’re just there for the combat. It’s sorta Arkham combat too as Witcher 3 is sure but with Team Ninja masterclass and a touch of Nioh. That’s a big deal

Why were people complaining about parrying here so much. I feel like I’m having an easier time parrying in Ronin than any other action game or fighter I’ve ever played in my life. Does nightmare difficulty shrink the frame timing drastically or something?

It’s a good game. The scores are accurate (it’s most other higher rated reviews I don’t agree with) It’s kinda just dull but decent comfort food nonetheless.

Edit:

Anyone playing Path of Goddess from Capcom? Only hearing great things and I’m wishlisting it for a sale and after I chip away at the backlog a bit more. Looks good

Last edited:

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Actually I just remember about TLOU2 Grounded. I was away when this and GOW Ragnarok Valhala came out, so Im jumping into TLOU2.

Why didnt TLOU Remasted for PS4 get Factions? It was only a year old on the PS3 at that point and still popular

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Anyone playing Path of Goddess from Capcom? Only hearing great things and I’m wishlisting it for a sale and after I chip away at the backlog a bit more. Looks good
My brother says I should play it. Says its made for me lol

Id say ROR deserves an 8. The characters and side missions might not be the best but the combat is better than most open world games. Critics saying it doesnt bring anything new to the open world genre… which games have brought something new to there genre? Most dont and thats fine.

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
Yeah I cant remember properly lol. And google search doesnt help lol

No need for Google, just a look at the PS Store page:

Screenshot-20240805-115953.png

Reactions: Kokoloko
27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
San Andreas 'definitive' , how the fuck is this shit still broken a bunch of missions that are almost impossible because of the enemy npcs having 100% accuracy & the mission I'm on now is completely broken dude has an rocket launcher & he shoots it at the car directly in front of him blowing the car up along with himself & Cesar & the rest 🙈

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Got the platinum in unicorn overlord after about 98 hours. Very easy platinum relative to gameplay; no second run required.

Final score: 9/10

Gameplay: 9.5/10. Addictive and really gets the core of what a tactics game should be. Took 0.5 points off for how cumbersome the menuing got late in the game; the inventory management and filtering was atrocious once you got a ton of stuff. Also didn't take points off but noted that on the 2nd highest difficulty the game was a breeze.
Story: 7.5/10. Decent, a little underbaked. A bit too long and yet not long enough - I think it got bogged down with the introduction of too many different characters that all demanded screentime, and took away from opportunities to have interesting things happen. Also the MC Alain is a Mary Sue/Gary Stu character, kinda par for the course but still a bit of a missed opportunity. Did appreciate the option to kill some story characters, but it was definitely a sunshine and rainbows type game
Music: 8/10. Pretty good, if not top tier. Got the job done, but a lot of the soundtrack was kinda forgettable.
Presentation: 8.5/10. Lots of cute girls, with voice acting. Also the elves and dark elves deserve an extra 0.5.

A very good game that falls short of great/legendary status due to being wide&shallow in terms of characters and story arcs, there are like over 50 named characters that you can recruit, feels like way more than 50 actually. In fact there are so many that you can't fit them in all your teams. With that many characters they each get a very minor story arc and a little bit of characterization, sometimes not even much development. It would have been better if they took 15-20 and made the arcs more involved - betrayals, double crossing, etc etc. Unfortunately I heard they ran out of budget so they had to ship the game. What's there is really solid though, I hope for a Unicorn Overlord 2 that gets proper focus on a smaller set of characters.

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
Got the platinum in unicorn overlord after about 98 hours. Very easy platinum relative to gameplay; no second run required.

Final score: 9/10

Gameplay: 9.5/10. Addictive and really gets the core of what a tactics game should be. Took 0.5 points off for how cumbersome the menuing got late in the game; the inventory management and filtering was atrocious once you got a ton of stuff. Also didn't take points off but noted that on the 2nd highest difficulty the game was a breeze.
Story: 7.5/10. Decent, a little underbaked. A bit too long and yet not long enough - I think it got bogged down with the introduction of too many different characters that all demanded screentime, and took away from opportunities to have interesting things happen. Also the MC Alain is a Mary Sue/Gary Stu character, kinda par for the course but still a bit of a missed opportunity. Did appreciate the option to kill some story characters, but it was definitely a sunshine and rainbows type game
Music: 8/10. Pretty good, if not top tier. Got the job done, but a lot of the soundtrack was kinda forgettable.
Presentation: 8.5/10. Lots of cute girls, with voice acting. Also the elves and dark elves deserve an extra 0.5.

A very good game that falls short of great/legendary status due to being wide&shallow in terms of characters and story arcs, there are like over 50 named characters that you can recruit, feels like way more than 50 actually. In fact there are so many that you can't fit them in all your teams. With that many characters they each get a very minor story arc and a little bit of characterization, sometimes not even much development. It would have been better if they took 15-20 and made the arcs more involved - betrayals, double crossing, etc etc. Unfortunately I heard they ran out of budget so they had to ship the game. What's there is really solid though, I hope for a Unicorn Overlord 2 that gets proper focus on a smaller set of characters.
Also the cooking/tavern meals feel tacked on that serve no purpose, I just used it to spam meals that increase rapport with Berengaria when I finally had to choose to whom I had to give the ring of the maiden to.