What Are You Playing Right Now?

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Also the cooking/tavern meals feel tacked on that serve no purpose, I just used it to spam meals that increase rapport with Berengaria when I finally had to choose to whom I had to give the ring of the maiden to.
i didn't gaf about the rapport system, the little vignettes were bullshit anyway. chloe4lyfe

KvallyX

Veteran
Icon Extra
13 Nov 2023
Your Mom
  • Gran Turismo 7 (checking out the new track that just came out)
  • Banishers: Ghosts of New Eden (just started)
  • Robocop: Rogue City (stuck on the final boss)

peter42O

Veteran
12 Jan 2024
Completed Flintlock: The Siege of Dawn over a week ago. It was a good 7.0/10 game overall. Enjoyed it but nothing special. Biggest issues were the floatyness of Nor when platforming as that’s how I died every time. Missing jumps or Nor facing the wrong way for whatever reason. After that was the audio in regards to the voices. The recording of them was way too low. Had to put my LG CX TV volume up to 12 minimum and lower the music and sound effects in game to 50 as I could barely hear what they were saying. Also had to increase the brightness to 70 in game and on the TV as the game is too damn dark. Good boss fights. Story and characters were fine. Combat was really good.

Just completed Terminator: Resistance and The Annihilation Line expansion yesterday. Base game was a good 7.0/10 with solid gunplay and shooting mechanics. Teyon who developed RoboCop Rogue City did this game and they nailed the world and everything of Terminator. Really enjoyed this one. Like Flintlock, nothing special but very enjoyable especially if you’re a Terminator fan like I am. Music was fucking great as expected. Story is fine. Graphics leave a lot to be desired but they got all the Terminators and machines right which is more important.

Next up is the Crysis Remastered Trilogy which I will started earlier today. The aiming/shooting mechanics/gunplay feels off but otherwise the game is pretty good. The first Crysis game feels like a combination of Far Cry 3 (which I love) and the Predator move (which I also love). Already on chapter 5 but won't get back to it until Sunday.

Will also be playing through Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine this month on PC via Steam as it’s finally time to get ready for Space Marine 2 which im super hyped for!!

Reactions: Vertigo and KvallyX

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
I did my Crysis trilogy play thru last year. Controls on console aged poorly no matter the tuning sensitivities. First game is unique to itself in the trilogy overall. Big map, missions goldeneye style, and a ton of options. The sequels are sorta nothing like it.

2 and 3 become the typical linear blockbuster movie shooter of that era… which is great to play in the modern era of open world trash. 2 is great and arguably the peak of the trilogy.

I didn’t like 3 much and it’s like 3 hours long… more of the same of two with a bit more polish and a step up visually but more of the same … but less? They should’ve let that third game bake for twice as long in hindsight. Today this would be DLC.

Next shooter on deck is Doom Eternal. Started a ways back but dropped it. I enjoyed 2016 and the sequel thus far quite a bit.

Struggling to find another decent shooter campaign. Would like to… Immortals of Aveum is whatever so I gotta look at some remaster collections at this point. I have like 3 of 5 borderlands in the backlog too.

With that said…. Very much looking forward to Warhammer!

Last edited:

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
Started Deliver Us Mars. Man the exposition in the beginning with those muppet faces is a real chore. Hope it gets to the somber isolation of the original soon or I’m gonna have to move on. 🧐

peter42O

Veteran
12 Jan 2024
I did my Crysis trilogy play thru last year. Controls on console aged poorly no matter the tuning sensitivities. First game is unique to itself in the trilogy overall. Big map, missions goldeneye style, and a ton of options. The sequels are sorta nothing like it.

2 and 3 become the typical linear blockbuster movie shooter of that era… which is great to play in the modern era of open world trash. 2 is great and arguably the peak of the trilogy.

I didn’t like 3 much and it’s like 3 hours long… more of the same of two with a bit more polish and a step up visually but more of the same … but less? They should’ve let that third game bake for twice as long in hindsight. Today this would be DLC.

Yeah, my friend gave me a heads up about Crysis 2 and 3 but I don't mind them being very linear because im going to have several big open world games the last four months of 2024 and im just in the mood for a shooting binge. lol

Read that Crysis 2 is the best which is the case for a lot of franchises. On chapter 5 in Crysis and will get back to it later today.

I bought that Pandora's Box collection yesterday for $30 because since I owned Borderlands 3 ultimate edition, I got 80% off. Will definitely be playing 1 and 2 at some point. Also, that Lilith expansion is actually a prologue to Borderlands 3 which I didn't know until last night. I also bought Max Payne 3 since the first two are being remade and for $7 on Xbox due to being a Game Pass Ultimate subscriber, I figured why not? It's cheap, game is great and I can replay it before the 1&2 remakes release.

Will also be going through every Halo game as I have never played any of them and only started with Infinite which I loved the campaign. Will go back and play the previous games since they're all on Game Pass Ultimate. May also potentially play through the Mass Effect games since that remastered trilogy is on EA Play.

So many games, not enough time. lol

Next shooter on deck is Doom Eternal. Started a ways back but dropped it. I enjoyed 2016 and the sequel thus far quite a bit.

Struggling to find another decent shooter campaign. Would like to… Immortals of Aveum is whatever so I gotta look at some remaster collections at this point. I have like 3 of 5 borderlands in the backlog too.

With that said…. Very much looking forward to Warhammer!

I enjoyed Doom 2016 but man, was I horrible at it. Way too fucking fast paced for me and even on the easiest difficulty level and all the sensitivity at zero, I still died a shit ton. May play Eternal but if I don't play it before The Dark Ages releases, then I most likely never will. I played and completed Aveum last fall. I enjoyed the combat/gameplay and it looks really good despite the low resolution but story/character wise is fine at best. I played for the combat. I enjoyed it.

As I said above, I bought Pandora's Box collection. Will play Borderlands 1 and 2 at some point.

Yeah, im fucking hyped for Space Marine 2!! Still have to play the first game which I will do after Crysis trilogy.

Last edited:

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Robocop: Rogue City (awesome game, but stuck on final boss in basement) and Banishers: Ghost of New Eden. Also going to check out the new track in GT7 tonight. Game is so addicting.
I must get that Robocop game.

I just finished Jagged Alliance 3 but there is no trophy for a basic finish, so guess I have to do another playthrough

• Heart
Reactions: KvallyX

Dick Jones

Corporate Dick
Icon Extra
5 Jul 2022
Replayed Landstalker on the Sega Mega Drive Classics. Still phenomenal after all these years.

Rebought Tombi as well. I'm only a short while in but the actual nostalgia is unreal. Fantastic game.

I also preordered Astro Bot off Smyths website. It was 5 euro cheaper than the PS store and Smyths have a history of sending games a day earlier than release. On the fence regarding the controller.

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
Replayed Landstalker on the Sega Mega Drive Classics. Still phenomenal after all these years.

Rebought Tombi as well. I'm only a short while in but the actual nostalgia is unreal. Fantastic game.

I also preordered Astro Bot off Smyths website. It was 5 euro cheaper than the PS store and Smyths have a history of sending games a day earlier than release. On the fence regarding the controller.
They say the controller is all sold out being limited

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Yeah, my friend gave me a heads up about Crysis 2 and 3 but I don't mind them being very linear because im going to have several big open world games the last four months of 2024 and im just in the mood for a shooting binge. lol

Read that Crysis 2 is the best which is the case for a lot of franchises. On chapter 5 in Crysis and will get back to it later today.

I bought that Pandora's Box collection yesterday for $30 because since I owned Borderlands 3 ultimate edition, I got 80% off. Will definitely be playing 1 and 2 at some point. Also, that Lilith expansion is actually a prologue to Borderlands 3 which I didn't know until last night. I also bought Max Payne 3 since the first two are being remade and for $7 on Xbox due to being a Game Pass Ultimate subscriber, I figured why not? It's cheap, game is great and I can replay it before the 1&2 remakes release.

Will also be going through every Halo game as I have never played any of them and only started with Infinite which I loved the campaign. Will go back and play the previous games since they're all on Game Pass Ultimate. May also potentially play through the Mass Effect games since that remastered trilogy is on EA Play.

So many games, not enough time. lol

I enjoyed Doom 2016 but man, was I horrible at it. Way too fucking fast paced for me and even on the easiest difficulty level and all the sensitivity at zero, I still died a shit ton. May play Eternal but if I don't play it before The Dark Ages releases, then I most likely never will. I played and completed Aveum last fall. I enjoyed the combat/gameplay and it looks really good despite the low resolution but story/character wise is fine at best. I played for the combat. I enjoyed it.

As I said above, I bought Pandora's Box collection. Will play Borderlands 1 and 2 at some point.

Yeah, im fucking hyped for Space Marine 2!! Still have to play the first game which I will do after Crysis trilogy.

How have you not played Halo and Mass Effect? WOW. lol

We got similar tastes and or likes here. Only halo games I don’t like are probably 4 and 5 not having touched Infinite. Mass Effect peaks at 2 like Crysis. Do not skip Halo ODST.

Borderlands 2 plays well but I don’t take it seriously so that will always take me out of it. It just is what it is.

Other collections I may pick up is the newest version of Hitman. I kinda want a narrative … even if whatever and I don’t think hitman has that . They look amazing now tho

But yea Warhammer probably the most exciting new thing since Remnant 2 for me.

peter42O

Veteran
12 Jan 2024
I must get that Robocop game.

The RoboCop game is really good. I just recently completed Terminator Resistance which was developed by Teyon who also did RoboCop. RoboCop is better but you can see where Teyon was going when playing Terminator having already completed RoboCop.

How have you not played Halo and Mass Effect? WOW. lol

We got similar tastes and or likes here. Only halo games I don’t like are probably 4 and 5 not having touched Infinite. Mass Effect peaks at 2 like Crysis. Do not skip Halo ODST.

Borderlands 2 plays well but I don’t take it seriously so that will always take me out of it. It just is what it is.

Other collections I may pick up is the newest version of Hitman. I kinda want a narrative … even if whatever and I don’t think hitman has that . They look amazing now tho

But yea Warhammer probably the most exciting new thing since Remnant 2 for me.

I have made several changes in the last few hours. First, I dropped Crysis and not going to bother with 2 and 3. It's solid but there's other games I want to play more and I have too many backlogged games so im eliminating a bunch of them. Wasn't into Mass Effect at the time but I did play the remaster trilogy when it released a few years ago but wasn't into it. It lasted a few hours at most. Now, I was looking through them and I know they're great and all but there's just no way im playing through them. I had Dead Space 1 and 2 on there as well but I played the Dead Space remake at launch so no point for me in playing the original and even though I want to play Dead Space 2, I'll just wait to see if EA remakes it. If they do, great but if not, I'll just let it go.

As for Halo, was never into first person shooters or first person perspective games. Didn't get into this genre until Far Cry 3 which was the game that got me into the perspective and got me into open world games because outside of GTA 3, Vice City and Sleeping Dogs, I never played them until Far Cry 3.

As for the older games, they've all been remastered and are on Game Pass so I can easily play them. However, I have zero interest in ODST (and Reach) because I have no interest in playing as a random soldier that is a one and done. Just want to play as Master Chief. I'm just playing through the main line games. 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5. That's more than enough. lol

The main game(s) I want to play now before Outlaws/Mana release is Borderlands. Bought that Pandora's Box collection for $30 and I know the first two games are the best ones. So I will try to get through the first game before Outlaws/Mana release. I also dropped Space Marine 1 because it's PC via Steam only and because of this, I started looking at older games like Singularity and The Saboteur. Problem is that it's like going down a rabbit hole and I was like, fuck it. Was time to eliminate some games. I have cut down my list of backlogged games to 2 from the original Xbox and 7 for Xbox 360.

Still have to go through PlayStation 4, Xbox One as well as the current generation of Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5. And I haven't even gotten to Nintendo yet which im starting with Wii. No interest in older games unless it's been at least remastered or preferably remade.

I never liked the old Hitman games. Bored the hell out of me. Only one I ever completed was Absolution which was a 7.0/10 for me. No interest in the new Hitman games even though I did play the first one in 2016 but again, too boring but also, I don't like that I had to constantly change outfits and whatnot. I was like, meh.

Love Remnant 2 and im on the final boss. Couldn't beat him last year so I put the game on hold. Have to get back to it at some point.

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
yeah it was stuttering for me too on ps5 and I tried it on PC and its the same pretty much. I'm dropping the game until they fix it.
it didn't stutter bad enough for me to drop it but the game shouldn't have any stutters at all. I haven't played on PC yet but I have a strong rig so it shouldn't; i played the beta on PC since it wasn't available for ps5 and it didn't stutter for me at all.
I'm back on ZZZ and the stuttering is 90% gone, game is way better than Genshin. It's actually pretty good

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
I'm back on ZZZ and the stuttering is 90% gone, game is way better than Genshin. It's actually pretty good
Yes the gameplay is way better once you get past the handholdy phase (tbf that phase is too long as it's basically the first 20ish hours until you hit higher diff hollow zero and shiyu defense). Have a lot of gripes about the resource management though, the game is stingy AF... Pro tip don't build too many characters or you'll end up stuck... Use the VR to practice on characters to determine if you like them or not, don't bother building characters you don't want to play bc the money and level up mats get reeeeeal dry later on

• Surprised
Reactions: JAHGamer

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Never played an ace attorney game, but now i'm addicted after trying the ace attorney trillogy on ps plus.

Simple and fun gameplay.

Perfect game for chilling in bed and playing on the portal.
what is it about? and why is it so addicting? seen plenty of time about it. never pulled the gun on it...