What Are You Playing Right Now?

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
I played Eternights but dropped it halfway. It got too repetitive.

Then played Bad Dudes on MAME and rescued president Ronnie from the ninjas.

And now with lollipop chainsaw for the first time officially on PC.

EDIT: Refunded lollipop chainsaw. Don't get this game as is right now. It's in a terrible state. Botched OST, voice desync, long load times, bad audio, low FPS, no graphics menu (this one PC specific)

Hopefully shadows of the dammed has a better launch

Last edited:

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
I just finished Robocop, and as a fan of the original movie, I loved it.

Saying that, I did run into a number of technical bugs, with controller actually freezing three times in the game; in one of those scenarios, Robocop just started shooting randomly and would not stop, lol.

Also, some areas of the game are ugly as hell, very blurry characters at a distance.

Saying all that, game is a great homage to the movie and the character and had lots of great quests, characters and little easter eggs to the movie

Being a fan of original movie 10/10
If a regular joe that has never wanted Robocop 7.5/10

Now on to Astro bot.

Reactions: peter42O

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Crew Motorfest avatar customization is still an insult. Had to settle for one that’s more Arabic or Hispanic looking to get something similar to me. You can’t really make a white man in this game that isn’t some gingerbread generic beta blonde. And the one face option available — dude has no lips. It’s like a year later right? Well the options are still nothing.

Love the game. But wtf is this trash character creator. It seems bad intentionally and one of saddest examples I’ve ever seen. It’s like gotta be a troll. Right?

peter42O

Veteran
12 Jan 2024
Completed Astro Bot last night. 100% completion excluding one bot/outfit that seems to be exclusive to the deluxe edition after looking it up. Excellent game. Looks gorgeous, plays superbly and great audio. Story is obviously basic and nothing special but it's a platformer so that's to be expected. Play time was over 25 hours easily. A total and complete joy to play. Hoping Sony decided to have Team Asobi make Astro Bot a franchise because any new future games like this is day one for me and the only platformer that I have any interest in playing.

Visuals - 10/10 (superb)
Audio - 9.0/10 (excellent)
Gameplay/Combat - 10/10 (superb)
Story/Characters - 7.0/10 (good)
Overall - 9.0/10 (excellent)

Excellent game from start to finish and only the second game this generation in which I rated gameplay/combat a perfect 10/10 for me.

peter42O

Veteran
12 Jan 2024
Now on to Black Myth Wukong.

Started late last night and the entire game was in Chinese. I was WTF? Tried going through the menus but that didn't work so I deleted the game and reinstalled it. On start up, it gives you a setup screen for the voices and text which I set to English so now im good.

Only played the opening boss fight in the clouds which was awesome. Then killed the two basic enemies that try to eat the fruit and that's where im at. Will get back to the game later today.

Nomen_Nescio

11 Aug 2023
Platinumed Astro Bot ( hope Sony makes more games of this budget, not just AAA), will continue to play Pacific Drive with some Foxhole in between.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Kokoloko

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Now on to Black Myth Wukong.

Started late last night and the entire game was in Chinese. I was WTF? Tried going through the menus but that didn't work so I deleted the game and reinstalled it. On start up, it gives you a setup screen for the voices and text which I set to English so now im good.

Only played the opening boss fight in the clouds which was awesome. Then killed the two basic enemies that try to eat the fruit and that's where im at. Will get back to the game later today.
You should play with Chinese audio and subtitles, it's way better VA work

ToTTenTranz

Veteran
Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023
I wish I could say Astro Bot but the wife won't let me play my turn every night, so I guess I'm going back to Helldivers 2 today to see the new buffs patch.

ToTTenTranz

Veteran
Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023
We assumed you are a simp, now we know.. 🫣😂

No you see, it's strategic.

This way I can throw these events at her face the next time she complains about me spending too much time on videogames.

Think About It GIF by Identity

• haha
Reactions: anonpuffs