What Are You Playing Right Now?

27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
Astro's Playroom.

Never played it before until today and only because I wanted to play it before starting Astro Bot on Sunday. Excluding the motion controls, this game is pure unadulterated fun and joy. Question though - I know there's hidden characters and whatnot but do you collect them and if so, how? Or are they basically just cameos? Thanks.
You'll have to Google how to get the 4 hidden bots they're more hidden than they should be lol

Reactions: peter42O

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Astro's Playroom.

Never played it before until today and only because I wanted to play it before starting Astro Bot on Sunday. Excluding the motion controls, this game is pure unadulterated fun and joy. Question though - I know there's hidden characters and whatnot but do you collect them and if so, how? Or are they basically just cameos? Thanks.
Give them a punch. Works in Astrobot’s new game. Cant remember it in Playroom

Reactions: peter42O

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
Waiting on the physical delivery, opted out of express as I’m still playing BOTW 😅

Last edited:

toadsage44

22 Jun 2022
West Virginia, USA
Finally went back and platinumed Astro's Playroom on a whim. Partially because Astro Bot is out now, but also because I introduced my gf to it a few days ago and that reinvigorated my interest in it. I plan to get Astro Bot once it goes on sale - looks great, but I'm a little disappointed at the number of costumes in the game, especially those that are PlayStation characters. No clue what I'll be playing next. Maybe back to Vampire Survivors to finish the dlc trophies? Maybe more Isaac?

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Finally went back and platinumed Astro's Playroom on a whim. Partially because Astro Bot is out now, but also because I introduced my gf to it a few days ago and that reinvigorated my interest in it. I plan to get Astro Bot once it goes on sale - looks great, but I'm a little disappointed at the number of costumes in the game, especially those that are PlayStation characters. No clue what I'll be playing next. Maybe back to Vampire Survivors to finish the dlc trophies? Maybe more Isaac?
astro bot is 100% worth full price

Reactions: Would_you_kindly

Dick Jones

Corporate Dick
Icon Extra
5 Jul 2022
I can't anticipate someone not playing Astro for the next several days. It's fucking magical.

Reactions: Sircaw

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Warhammer priority for now. Crew Motorsport and D2 in between.

Can’t say enough good things about crew Motorsport. I swear they keep adding new music each season too. Impressed with the package and my favorite arcade racer since DriveClub and before that the days of Burnout 3/RSC2/PGR. It feels a bit too heavy and controls need a lot of tuning out of the box but I kinda love it.

D2’s new exotic mission is actually dope. More like a deluxe sized campaign mission with branching paths a bit more Metroidvania in level design. Hope to see more like this. It needs checkpoints tho… because it’s like close to 2 hours long or more depending what you’re doing in it.

I think I’m gonna delete Ronin. At this point I wouldn’t suggest it to anyone. It’s a slog. In act 3 but I can’t say I care anymore.

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
Facr Cry 6, Yakuza 8 and thinking of starting Moss on PSVR2 to change it up a bit.
Moss is amazingly good, both of them. Too bad Sony seemingly doesn't intend to port Astro, I bet it's even better.

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
On a unrelated note I haven't experienced stick drift once since the latest version of the beta that included a dualsense update
Did you have one on the same controller before?
I have an AIM controller which is giving me some minor drifting, but it's not continuous and not enough to deserve a replacement.

27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
Did you have one on the same controller before?
I have an AIM controller which is giving me some minor drifting, but it's not continuous and not enough to deserve a replacement.
Yeah it kept drifting to the left & I had to keep fiddling with it which would fix it for up to a few hours but then it would come back , since the update it's not drifted once I'm hoping it's something that automatically detects dead zones or something so everyone else gets the benefit of no drift

Reactions: arvfab

TrishaCat

Veteran
17 May 2024
Ar Nosurge: Ode to an Unborn Star
I started playing it today after remembering I needed to play it due to a reminder about the impending completion of the Ciel Nosurge fan translation and discourse surrounding its treatment of the player character.

Its a Gust JRPG in the EXA_PICO series and more specifically in the Surge Concerto series (also featuring Ciel Nosurge). Its a semi-action semi-turn-based JRPG taking place after the planet was swallowed by the sun. Humanity lived on aboard a giant space station until a strange race of beings known as Sharls appeared and began abducting humans. To fight them, humans connect their hearts with each other to strengthen the power of song, which allows them to perform powerful magic that the Sharls too are capable of using. Its basically a post-apocalyptic space opera JRPG. Combat involves participating in waves of short turn-based battles where during your turn you cast a song card that allows you to perform a variety of melee attacks in rapid succession at the press of a button a limited number of times. After you've used up all your attacks, it becomes your enemies' turn, however every time you kill an enemy you gain a bonus and regain some of the attacks you can use. During enemy turns, you can press a guard button that, if well timed, can protect you at little cost.
I really dig the game conceptually. Seems like a mishmash hodgepodge of things I like about Xenoblade Chronicles X and Drakengard 3. Game has gorgeous music and pretty high quality character models and art design in typical Gust fashion. It also has elements of Persona. You go inside of people's hearts to strengthen your bonds with them to create new more powerful magic.
Its nice playing a Gust game that tries to be a bit more serious with its story. I also really like the art style and menu UI.
GW6TGZ-W4AAFPAE

Los4yE1.png

GW6YrcNXAAA4FaX

Reactions: anonpuffs

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Ar Nosurge: Ode to an Unborn Star
I started playing it today after remembering I needed to play it due to a reminder about the impending completion of the Ciel Nosurge fan translation and discourse surrounding its treatment of the player character.

Its a Gust JRPG in the EXA_PICO series and more specifically in the Surge Concerto series (also featuring Ciel Nosurge). Its a semi-action semi-turn-based JRPG taking place after the planet was swallowed by the sun. Humanity lived on aboard a giant space station until a strange race of beings known as Sharls appeared and began abducting humans. To fight them, humans connect their hearts with each other to strengthen the power of song, which allows them to perform powerful magic that the Sharls too are capable of using. Its basically a post-apocalyptic space opera JRPG. Combat involves participating in waves of short turn-based battles where during your turn you cast a song card that allows you to perform a variety of melee attacks in rapid succession at the press of a button a limited number of times. After you've used up all your attacks, it becomes your enemies' turn, however every time you kill an enemy you gain a bonus and regain some of the attacks you can use. During enemy turns, you can press a guard button that, if well timed, can protect you at little cost.
I really dig the game conceptually. Seems like a mishmash hodgepodge of things I like about Xenoblade Chronicles X and Drakengard 3. Game has gorgeous music and pretty high quality character models and art design in typical Gust fashion. It also has elements of Persona. You go inside of people's hearts to strengthen your bonds with them to create new more powerful magic.
Its nice playing a Gust game that tries to be a bit more serious with its story. I also really like the art style and menu UI.
GW6TGZ-W4AAFPAE

Los4yE1.png

GW6YrcNXAAA4FaX
I think jrpgs need to innovate on their UI design, all of them are becoming too busy in the menus