What Are You Playing Right Now?

toadsage44

22 Jun 2022
West Virginia, USA
I had the first android version. After a while they launched the new "PlayStation" version and made only that one compatible with remote play. But they had a free exchange program, so I got that one after sending mine in. Pretty good customer service.
I didn't know that the PlayStation version was the only one compatible with remote play. That's kind of crappy, but at least they allowed you to exchange it free of charge. Mine is the PlayStation one, and I got the PS edition carrying case for it as well.

Reactions: arvfab

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
I got the PS edition carrying case for it as well.
Does it get easily dirty, as it's white/light colored?

I'd like to get it too, but was hesitating because I would carry it around during vacations, so it would get in touch with airplanes, beaches etc.

toadsage44

22 Jun 2022
West Virginia, USA
Does it get easily dirty, as it's white/light colored?

I'd like to get it too, but was hesitating because I would carry it around during vacations, so it would get in touch with airplanes, beaches etc.
It's not a solid white so I feel like it's a little more resistant to dirt and grime than it could've been, but I'd say it would definitely start to show its age if you traveled with it often. I got my backbone and the case from Mercari as a bundle and probably wouldn't have bought the case if I were buying them piecemeal. I haven't really taken mine anywhere yet simply because I haven't been doing much traveling since I got mine in April, but when I do travel in the future I'll be using the case since it would be crazy to just let it sit.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
playing Star Wars Outlaws, that you guys didn't need to :D i am taking one for the team :D

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
holy shit zenless is going all out in their advertising
HEADPHONES HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

toadsage44

22 Jun 2022
West Virginia, USA
Just got the platinum trophy for Vampire Survivors - that makes 54 for me. I still have about 80 or so trophies to go, plus a bunch of DLC characters and weapons to unlock. I might end up going for 100% trophy completion, but I'm not sure yet. I usually focus only on the base game and I don't think I've ever gotten all DLC trophies for a game

Dr. E99

1 Sep 2024
Working my way through Singularity, again. My favorite game; play it every year around this time.

J_Paganel

30 Jan 2024
I finished the second playthrough of DaysGone on the highest difficulty on SteamDeck (I played it on PS4 for the first time).

Now I'm thinking of giving AC Valhalla a second chance, as it's currently on sale on Steam. I bought it on the XSX but without all the addons, and now I can only play on a portable device.

peter42O

Veteran
12 Jan 2024
Started and completed Halo 5: Guardians a few days ago.

Looks great, sounds great, plays great but wasn’t into the story and characters all that much especially when you spend the vast majority of the game playing as Locke with his team as opposed to Master Chief. Also didn’t like that you have team mates with you the entire game. Felt like I playing a co-op multi-player game and I was just on different maps. Not much else to really say about it. Glad it’s done and very happy to have wrapped up the entire Halo series.

My ranking and rating for every Halo game -
  1. Halo Infinite - 9.5/10 (campaign only, my 2021 game of the year and 3rd best game of the XSX/PS5 generation)
  2. Halo Reach - 9.0/10 (didn’t know it was a prequel until playing through “the package”, mission, absolutely loved this game and in my opinion is Bungie’s best Halo game)
  3. Halo 4 - 9.0/10 (loved the new enemy faction, locations look great, a lot of variety with the environments, loved that you start off right where Halo 3 ended)
  4. Halo 2 - 8.5/10 (enjoyed it a lot more than a few other games in the series)
  5. Halo: Combat Evolved - 8.0/10 (you can see the foundation of what was to come in future games)
  6. Halo 3 - 8.0/10 (enjoyed most of the game but didn’t like the Gravemind aspect at all)
  7. Halo 5: Guardians - 8.0/10 (looks amazing and all that but had no real interest in the characters due to the fact that you barely play as Master Chief, definitely the weakest of the main line games and the weakest of the three games from 343 Industries in my opinion)
  8. Halo 3: ODST - 7.0/10 (overall, decent and solid game but just wasn’t into it at all, my least favorite game in the series by far)
A few notes though -
  1. Excluding Halo Infinite, I never played any Halo game at launch and none of them until two weeks ago.
  2. Played and completed the campaigns all on easy because enemies are bullet sponges regardless of the weapons you’re using and getting ammo at times is a pain in the ass.
  3. Enjoyed the story and characters in every game excluding ODST, 5 and the Gravemind in 3. Otherwise, love Chief, Cortana and the supporting casts in every game.
  4. Music/sound effects/audio in general was all top tier/top notch. Only issue for me was the voices were low in every game except Halo 5.
  5. Visually, Halo Infinite is my favorite but the best is Halo 4, Halo 5 and Reach. Basically, all the most recent games obviously.
That’s pretty much it. I will say that I do hope the next Halo game keeps the grapple hook, sprinting of course and ammo stations like Infinite as well as ship combat because combined, oh man, it would be awesome. Other than that, I hope it’s a linear mission based campaign as opposed to open world which was my only major negative in Infinite as it’s just mostly filler and simply isn’t needed to be a great Halo game.

---

Downloaded Halo Infinite the other day and played the prologue and will be replaying the campaign at some point later this year. Just so fucking great!! I love Halo Infinite!!

Anyway, I started Bulletstorm today as planned and am currently on Act 5. This game is fucking awesome!!! Think a combination of Gears of War and Rage 1/2. The weapons are really good, it’s so much fun to use the leash (basically a grapple that can pull things towards you, break things or access things) on an enemy and they come flying at you in slow motion and you can just tear them apart with your weapons. The blood and gore is insane.

There was one basic enemy that I shot in the neck and he was literally holding his neck with his left hand while shooting at me with his right hand. He obviously died but so damn cool. You can use the environmental traps like spikes, electrical grids, etc. to kick them into and they die instantly. Or if you’re up high, you can kick them off ledges and they will go flying to their demise.

What’s cool is the upgrading and acquiring weapon system is pretty unique. You get more points for killing enemies in unique ways listed in the challenge section and these points are used to upgrade your weapons, add a special attack to it and buy ammo. So the more points you get, the faster you can upgrade and max out everything.

I am playing the remastered edition on Xbox Series X and it looks great and plays just as great as it looks. I really like all the environments and levels. It’s an action packed first person shooter. There has been a few action sequences and one in particular was a holy shit moment because im thinking they really pulled this off on 360/PS3? lol

Loving this game!!! Don’t know who owns the IP but man, I wish a new one was made.

Will get back to playing Bulletstorm tomorrow as I look to wrap it up before Astro Bot releases on Friday.

Ico

Icon Extra
8 May 2024
a few weeks ago i bought the switch sports on the nintendo, im having a blast playing 1 to 2 hours everyday, solo and with family, nice comfy game

Reactions: Would_you_kindly

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
I'm not playing it, obviously, but I did just watch Jeff Gerstmann's Concord footage and man, that game is so visually unappealing. What a lifeless world, it really makes appreciate Anthem or even, like, you know, Battlefield 1942. 2000s era renditions of northern Africa never looked so favorable.

Tiny fucking maps full of random shit colored in randomly. Not a non-playable lifeform in sight. Guardians of the Galaxy it fuckin' ain't.

MiyazakiLovesKojima

Astro Cock
Explosion Astro GIF by PlayStation

• haha
Reactions: Kokoloko

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Started Astrobot and jumping in again now.
I downloaded and played Factions to fill the void. Now Im pissed off Factions 2 was cancelled lol

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Started Astrobot and jumping in again now.
I downloaded and played Factions to fill the void. Now Im pissed off Factions 2 was cancelled lol
yeah, could have been totally amazing. even me, who don't play GaaS, would have bought it. first of the kind.

• Shake
Reactions: Kokoloko

peter42O

Veteran
12 Jan 2024
Astro's Playroom.

Never played it before until today and only because I wanted to play it before starting Astro Bot on Sunday. Excluding the motion controls, this game is pure unadulterated fun and joy. Question though - I know there's hidden characters and whatnot but do you collect them and if so, how? Or are they basically just cameos? Thanks.

• Cerny
Reactions: MiyazakiLovesKojima