What Are You Playing Right Now?

toadsage44

22 Jun 2022
West Virginia, USA
I picked up Fire Emblem Three Houses recently and I wish I would've gotten it sooner. I was a hater of the game when they revealed that Byleth would be the last DLC fighter in the first Smash Ultimate expansion pass, but now I'm a fan of the series. I just made it to the time skip and things have really picked up. Excited to see where things go from here!

Yossarian

15 Jul 2022
Finished SMT4 Apocalypse. Possibly the best story in a jrpg.

Still playing Persona 3 Portable. Started Devil Survivor Overclocked last night as well

• Informative
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Lord Mittens

Community Cat
1 Jul 2022
Just completed Hogwarts main story, got side stuff to clean up..

Mini update to Vampires Survivors to finish.
Hope to continue on with TLOU2, should keep me busy till RE4

• fire
Reactions: Bryank75

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
Finished the remastered Yakuza 3.

Even with the improved localization, it's still ridiculous, but at least now it is coherent and much better balanced and paced that the original SEGA of America hack job was.

toadsage44

22 Jun 2022
West Virginia, USA
Finished the remastered Yakuza 3.

Even with the improved localization, it's still ridiculous, but at least now it is coherent and much better balanced and paced that the original SEGA of America hack job was.
That game was a bit of a slog for me to get through due to the glacial pacing at times. I liked 4 much more. Haven't gotten around to 5 or 6 yet.

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
That game was a bit of a slog for me to get through due to the glacial pacing at times. I liked 4 much more. Haven't gotten around to 5 or 6 yet.
I have played all of the titles that got localizations since the originals on PS2, and 3 is clearly a game where they were still figuring out what they were doing in a lot of ways.

I love all of the games, my only real complaint is the weapon experience system they put into 5, it makes using weapons a total pain in the ass.

I'd love a remaster of Yakuza: Dead Souls, but that is never gonna happen.

BigMclargeHuge

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
Also tried out the October traveler 2 demo. It still has the same issues that led me to drop the first one. Probably won't bother getting it.

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022
A few games on the queue.

- AOE 2 DE
- Wild Hearts 10hr trial
- Hogwarts should be delivering copy soon

Reactions: EDMIX

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Bought the MacLaren F1 GTR - BMW in GT7.

Amazing car, just doing long races now and saving up for more legendary cars.

Maxed out the collector rank to 50. Got a birthday celebration and a free car too.

• party
Reactions: KiryuRealty

EDMIX

Completed Dead Space remake a few nights ago, put about 16 hours in it or so.

I'm about 2 hours or so into Hogwarts Legacy. So far I like it a lot, but has a few issues. I had to adjust the lighting as everything is washed out, I had to change the controls a bit in terms of turning down sensitivity, I also had to change the voice pitch thing as that shit doesn't work lol

The sound in general is a massive miss. When you first go into the great hall for the sorting ceremony, the whole thing is botched, for such a massive concept in the world of the IP, the scene is so short and barely shows how massive the great hall is, on top of being oddly quiet, at one point I thought the fucking place was empty and then they show like 4 seconds of it being full and I was like "um.....doesn't sound like this place is full at all" lol

As I continued to play, sound was a massive miss, they have it with graphics, the art direction, but the animations and sound is just too horrid and those are the biggest things I feel need to be addressed for Part 2 (on top of actually having a cinematographer). No way you have a Harry Potter game were you are a student and hey, lets just not have a huge wide panning shot of the great hall.

I feel it might seem like a minor thing, but this game is all about the narrative, presentation and conveying those ideas.

• fire
Reactions: Bryank75

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Just completed Hogwarts main story, got side stuff to clean up..

Mini update to Vampires Survivors to finish.
Hope to continue on with TLOU2, should keep me busy till RE4

Do yourself a favour and play Part 1 before Part 2. I recently did that, back to back, and it was so enjoyable. The story flows really well, and a lot of details from Part 1 that are easily forgettable come back in Part 2.

And do it in GROUNDED dammit! (sorry, just channelled my inner @Sircaw )

Lord Mittens

Community Cat
1 Jul 2022
Do yourself a favour and play Part 1 before Part 2. I recently did that, back to back, and it was so enjoyable. The story flows really well, and a lot of details from Part 1 that are easily forgettable come back in Part 2.

I will make it so

Make It So Star Trek GIF

• Shake
Reactions: EDMIX and Satoru

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022

Working Out Season 4 GIF by On My Block

I am pretty hardcore in everything i do.

Men Hate me, @Gamernyc78
Women want me, @Exanthus
Bitches fear me, @adamsapple

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Picked up a physical copy of Cris Tales on sale. I played the demo on xbox back in like 2019 or 2020 but immediately dropped it because it ran like absolute dog shit. On Ps5 it runs much more smoothly but I can still feel frame drops (i think these devs might be art students with like 0 programming experience because it looks like a game that would run on ps2). Cute game though, and fully voice acted.

• fire
Reactions: Bryank75 and EDMIX