What Are You Playing Right Now?

balrogboy

Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Hardspace Shipbreaker became free on ps+ trough the extra tier and I'm playing the shit out of it. such a fun gameplay loop and perfect way to wind down after getting home from work.

GachaMadeMeBroke

26 Nov 2023
Started Lies of P while I’m waiting for Infinite Wealth. Probably my favorite souls clone that sticks closely to the souls formula. I feel like exploration is a bit lacking but they absolutely NAIL the atmo. I’m really impressed by this game. Combat, customization, visuals and world are all on point.

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Destiny 2 multiplayer, I almost forgot how good it was.

Bought some mtx too to pimp my titan out.

Fashion Dripping GIF by South Park

Reactions: Sloane_Ranger

Bryank75

Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
And you screech about Sony making GAAS projects like a lunatic.

Hypocrisy? You be the judge!

You got me wrong... It's not about doing GAAS, I said this to you before.

I like many GAAS , I love destiny and gt7

It's just that they pushed it too hard and in some studios that really were not suited for that purpose.

I think they have a better balance now, spreading them out further.

Naughty Dog will hopefully be back on course and staff will be happy.

There's Nuance to my position.

Last edited:

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
I’ve only made a purchase from the Eververse store once. And that was when they first debuted it with the thriller emote in D1.

Their MTs are garbage. Only recently are their decent silver only skins… kinda started with the Fortnite cross-over .

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Bryank75

Arc

5 Sep 2023
After Spider-Man 2 and Resident Evil 4 Remake another time, time to give the Switch some love, and restart Mario Wonder so I can actually give it the attention it deserves.

Brilliantly fun design. I keep thinking of the last level I played, which had enemies that bounced like big rubber balls, got stuck in things, and then you could super jump off them. A later trigger just floods the screen with them, going to all-out chaos.

There’s so much child-like inspiration in that. It’s literally taking the funnest, silliest things that deep down every human being finds fun, and also paring it with a serious game design that uses all this in great level design.

• fire

peter42O

Veteran
Icon Extra
12 Jan 2024
You got me wrong... It's not about doing GAAS, I said this to you before.

I like many GAAS , I love destiny and gt7

It's just that they pushed it too hard and in some studios that really were not suited for that purpose.

I think they have a better balance now, spreading them out further.

Naughty Dog will hopefully be back on course and staff will be happy.

There's Nuance to my position.

I think Naughty Dog could have had a huge hit on their hands with Factions and im still surprised that they cancelled it as opposed to holding for release along side TLOUP3. If anything, Sony should have simply expanded Naughty Dog to where they have two teams, one that does their next single player game which I believe is TLOUP3 and a second team that works on Factions. That's what I would have done. Have both worlds so to speak and if Factions doesn't take off, I still have a second team that I could use for Naughty Dog's next game after TLOUP3.

I do see some studios have a multi-player mode of some sort though like Sucker Punch. After Legends for Tsushima, I can easily see them releasing Tsushima 2 with Legends included. Get a great single player open world campaign and if you want more, you jump into Legends with your friends.

• brain

Bryank75

Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
I think Naughty Dog could have had a huge hit on their hands with Factions and im still surprised that they cancelled it as opposed to holding for release along side TLOUP3. If anything, Sony should have simply expanded Naughty Dog to where they have two teams, one that does their next single player game which I believe is TLOUP3 and a second team that works on Factions. That's what I would have done. Have both worlds so to speak and if Factions doesn't take off, I still have a second team that I could use for Naughty Dog's next game after TLOUP3.

I do see some studios have a multi-player mode of some sort though like Sucker Punch. After Legends for Tsushima, I can easily see them releasing Tsushima 2 with Legends included. Get a great single player open world campaign and if you want more, you jump into Legends with your friends.
Legends was amazing, so I wouldn't complain. Haha

Reactions: peter42O

Kx11

Banned
7 Jan 2024
Katar
flickr.com
Finished The Sinking City main story, about 13hrs because it's got A LOT of dialogue much like other Frogwares game, not easy to recommend the game but if someone like slow games with lot of detective work asking around the huge map and running/cruising with a boat from one side of the map to the other then i'll recommend it, there's fast travel phone booth but that sometimes is a bit far from where the mission is, the art direction is beautiful lovecraftian all over the game even in the diving missions, i'd give it 9/10 but the graphics are dated today and looks very base PS4 even on PC but with some console commands and reshade you could bump it up a bit so it's 8/10

The Sinking City

53480905062_b93ff4dbba_h.jpg

53482111034_f67973c11a_h.jpg

53482218315_f589fd1865_h.jpg

53481807751_bd2d19d8cd_4k.jpg

53482218320_58a8c559d6_4k.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: Sircaw

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Iron banner in D2.

It was Iron Banner Supremacy (kill confirmed) for a min when it went live. I loved it and then they switched it to control/fortress. Banner is hell. My least favorite weeks to play but I have builds I have ready to try so I’ll take the double PvP loot to focus farm some drops later.

Control modes are bad man. It’s the casual thing but ughh it’s really just players running from point to point as a team and actively avoiding engaging the enemy. I hate it. Kills don’t count for points in Fortress either… you can actually toggle beteeen two diff IB modes on the activity launch screen tho — that’s new?

Checkmate mode only available as 3v3 clash this week (which is also new). I like it but matches run long and would prefer if class was more than 3 players… maybe even 4v4.

• they're_right_you_know

Bryank75

Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
It was Iron Banner Supremacy (kill confirmed) for a min when it went live. I loved it and then they switched it to control/fortress. Banner is hell. My least favorite weeks to play but I have builds I have ready to try so I’ll take the double PvP loot to focus farm some drops later.

Control modes are bad man. It’s the casual thing but ughh it’s really just players running from point to point as a team and actively avoiding engaging the enemy. I hate it. Kills don’t count for points in Fortress either… you can actually toggle beteeen two diff IB modes on the activity launch screen tho — that’s new?

Checkmate mode only available as 3v3 clash this week (which is also new). I like it but matches run long and would prefer if class was more than 3 players… maybe even 4v4.
Yeah, I have a load of new weapons to try out and I have stuck with control but most matches have been at least decent....

But I've had fun for the most part. They could easily make things so much better though. More exciting.