What Are You Playing Right Now?

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
I hate to say it but FF7 Rebirth performance mode is awful !!! Some parts of this game look like 500p. Really sad to see Square. FF16 even at its worst looked 100x better than this. Oh well, the game is still amazing, i'll just trudge through it. And im not going down to 30fps
Either it was just the early game or I've gotten used to it, but performance mode starting to look much better. Maybe it depends on region

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Either it was just the early game or I've gotten used to it, but performance mode starting to look much better. Maybe it depends on region
Where are you now? Kalm looks great in performance mode. But yeah some of the first region had some bad looking rocks. They looked even worse in 30fps mode though, no motion blur means 30fps fucking sucks

peter42O

Icon Extra
12 Jan 2024
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth.

Played around 9 hours today. Have a shit ton still to do in the Grasslands before I continue with the story. Playing on performance mode. Plays really good and looks great to be honest. I know the resolution is in the 1100p range according to Digital Foundry but wasn't upscaled to 4K. There is some pop-in with textures, grass and whatnot when running around. NPC's will pop-in from time to time but it's perfect compared to the Yakuza games or Tales of Arise. Combat is great and maybe it's just me but it's too much in regards to what you can do. Some of the stuff you can do, im not sure I will ever use. Hehe.

Biggest issues for me is that there's no jump button which for the aerial enemies, it's very annoying. Besides that, there's almost no HUD customization which for me is a negative in every game. I wish I could turn off the enemy detection circle, damage numbers and when it says staggered/pressured because I can see the bar and don't need all this stuff popping up on the screen. I also thought that I was going to be aggravated to no end having to keep the compass on the top of the screen but thankfully, there's a mini-map which will forever be superior to the compass in any and every game so im happy!!

Music is top tier. Voice acting is great. Sound effects are good as well. I have only been doing the activities (Ubi towers FTW!!!) and stuff like that. Haven't done a single side quest yet. lol

One thing that is very relaxing is just exploring the Grasslands region and doing whatever I come across unless I pin/waypoint something specific. Overall, an excellent game thus far but I have a massively long way to go...and that's just for the Grasslands region. lol

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Im up to 6 hours in FF7 Rebirth and I just got to the Chocobo Ranch lol. Performance mode visuals are fucking terrible but I love it anyway, even though the graphics are way better in the 4k mode I can't deal with the judder on OLED with no motion blur. And the 60fps is rock solid unlike FF16 which makes it a much much more enjoyable experience.

Something I noticed is that the game (and FF16 I guess) takes a lot of UI/UX design cues from Horizon Zero Dawn/FW. Not sure if they got Sony to send some programmers to implement it.

• sad
Reactions: JAHGamer

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
Where are you now? Kalm looks great in performance mode. But yeah some of the first region had some bad looking rocks. They looked even worse in 30fps mode though, no motion blur means 30fps fucking sucks
I just finished chapter 2 and the image quality has gotten much better. But the highs and lows are so bad, idk how Square thought this was ok …. I hope it gets better and stays better. I really don’t want to have to play in 30fps mode

Personally, I had no issues at all with FF16 performance mode. The frame drops were 100x more tolerable than the hideous resolution drops in Rebirth

27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
I just finished chapter 2 and the image quality has gotten much better. But the highs and lows are so bad, idk how Square thought this was ok …. I hope it gets better and stays better. I really don’t want to have to play in 30fps mode
I'm still waiting for a frame rate improvement update for ff16 before I start it 🙈

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
I'm still waiting for a frame rate improvement update for ff16 before I start it 🙈
The frame issues in ff16 never bothered me , it only drops in cities where there’s no combat. During fights it’s a locked 60. I think it was much better optimized than Rebirth

27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
The frame issues in ff16 never bothered me , it only drops in cities where there’s no combat. During fights it’s a locked 60. I think it was much better optimized than Rebirth
I played through the demo & really enjoyed it so bought it but the frame rate was bugging me so I thought I'd wait for a patch that addressed it but I never saw anyone mention it being improved with any of the patches , guess there's still that other expansion to release maybe there'll be a patch when that drops or when it Inevitably comes to pc (thought it would've already by now lol)

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
I usually ignore card games in games, but Queens Blood is super addicting. Simple, fun, and challenging

Sho SxNTANA

3 Mar 2024
London,United Kingdom
Bought Dragons Dogma Dark Arisen for 3 euros and I'm replaying it. Haven't played it since the PS3 era, it's a great game, but the age is starting to show in some mechanics. But overall it was a game way ahead for it's time. Maybe I'll start a thread to go a bit deeper on it's game design strenghts and weaknesses.
Darn it! I was legitimately being financially responsible NOT rebuying it on steam (I didn’t get into it on console) but now I’m on my way to the steam store to buy it! Smh

toadsage44

22 Jun 2022
West Virginia, USA
My quest to platinum the 3 Final Fantasy games that launched on PS1 began in January, when I started FF7, but life quickly got in the way and I barely got to play. A few days ago, I finally got some time to play, so I played for about 10 hours and made some good progress. I'm currently at Gongaga, the hometown of my favorite FF7 character!

Reactions: laynelane

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
About to start ff7 rebirth

main-qimg-ad9c70299d7e6e25842655133baf28b0

Hype got to me, as much as I loved it I rushed Alan wake 2 a little so I can play rebirth sooner.

Last edited: