What Are You Playing Right Now?

peter42O

Icon Extra
12 Jan 2024
yeah granblue fantasy's story is kind of basic and the combat doesn't really come into its own until later when you unlock more stuff. it's kind of a mid game with a pleasing artstyle but not that special.

Agreed. I was very critical of the side quests in Rebirth but holy shit, through 4 chapters, Granblue may have had the worst side quests that I have ever played. There's no actual quest. I know it's about the end game and post game but I was never interested in doing that stuff. Just wanted to play through the story but outside of a few varied objectives during the story chapters, the visuals and art style, there wasn't anything else in the game that I was really enjoying.

• sad
Reactions: KvallyX and Puff

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
Honestly, nothing. This year is barren as a desert for Switch owners and its not exactly been great for the others either. Forget about "the year of closures", this is "the year of no games" and really makes me long for the heady days of 2023.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Tinykin on the Deck. Feels like Pikmin but as a platformer, I'm really enjoying it, reminds me of Psychonauts 2.

yer, I thought the game looked very interesting, with all those cool abilities or tricks you could do, but what is the purpose of it all? Is the guy trying to escape the room?

Sunrise Ninja

5 Feb 2024
yer, I thought the game looked very interesting, with all those cool abilities or tricks you could do, but what is the purpose of it all? Is the guy trying to escape the room?
It's similar to Pikmin where you are trying to build some soft of contraption, I'm only in the second room but I assume each room has a piece that you need and each room has somebody else who needs help so you have to help them to get the piece you need etc. I would recommend it if you want a game that feels like an old school platformer you can just chill and enjoy.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Sircaw

panda-zebra

2 Mar 2024
NW UK
Marvel’s Midnight Suns on Extra. Friends said it was great at the time but never got to it even though it's exactly my kind of thing. Love the exploration, unlocking abilities/areas in the grounds that was all stuff I didn't know about. The main game loop of wake up - chat - upgrades and stuff - missions - hangouts is really compelling, makes it very hard to put down and I find myself doing a few more days worth of activities when I'd planned to switch off.

Red Matter on PS VR2 - bought the double pack in the sale just for the sequel really but plan on going through/platinuming the first one before, just to get it done. It's nice enough, enjoying it.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Dropped Helldivers. Don’t like it much and kinda hate the gameplay loop of clearing maps.

The Crew added 3 “new” endgame playlists I’ll be checking out. It’s a mix of their previous seasonal races or something but it’s new to me mostly.

Ronin is the main single player right now as I’m mostly done with Gran blue. Got the Outer Worlds on deck thru Extra which I’ll play here and there.

Two more months until Final Shape. It’s all about that

• haha
Reactions: anonpuffs

Sunrise Ninja

5 Feb 2024
This game is so much fun 🥰

Untitled-video.gif

Reactions: JAHGamer

BigMclargeHuge

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
One piece Odyssey. Since the last time I posted in this thread, I've beaten Crisis core reunion, ps3 reloaded, and unicorn overlord.

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
Back from vacation I started beating games from my backlog:

The darkness 2
Star wars force unleashed
Star wars force unleashed 2

Not masterpieces but pretty good and most of all, not massive time sinks.

Now about to start Alpha Protocol.

Sunrise Ninja

5 Feb 2024
Back from vacation I started beating games from my backlog:

The darkness 2
Star wars force unleashed
Star wars force unleashed 2

Not masterpieces but pretty good and most of all, not massive time sinks.

Now about to start Alpha Protocol.
What platform are you playing them on?

Sloane_Ranger

Icon Extra
3 Jul 2023
Just finished Ashen last night - graphics gameplay and sound all held a decent candle to newer games. Strong B grade IMO.

Tomorrow my copy of Pacific Drive arrives! Yes! So that’s up next.

Reactions: Sunrise Ninja