What Are You Playing Right Now?

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
Currently nothing major cause kids are on Easter Holidays.

Just Retro Shmups for the Megadrive like Thunderforce 4, Zero Wing, Fantasy Zone and Biohazard Battle.

Managed to get hold of a physically copy Radiant Silvergun for the Switch too waiting to be delivered.

Have a ton of PS5 games on backlog including FF7R which I will return to when kids return to school.

Booked holidays next week specially for it. Don’t want any interruptions when playing it.😁

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
Been playing Palworld over the past week. Its very janky and early access. For all the complaints of it "copying Pokemon" the two play nothing alike. I would more describe it as baby's first survival game.

Verdict: meh.

Edit: Biggest complaint? No hot keys. Seriously, what the hell?

Sunrise Ninja

5 Feb 2024
Went back to Tunic, this game is amazing it's like a modern day old school Zelda. Had to start from scratch because I lost my save, the game feels so much easier than I remember. PlayStation should have acquired this game instead Xbox more people would have played it and it would have received more recognition

tumblr_ovyfo1ryRk1qe9lpso9_r1_500.gif

Tunic-bosses.gif

Jim Ryan

Not Lyin
VIP
22 Jun 2022
Went back to Tunic, this game is amazing it's like a modern day old school Zelda. Had to start from scratch because I lost my save, the game feels so much easier than I remember. PlayStation should have acquired this game instead Xbox more people would have played it and it would have received more recognition

tumblr_ovyfo1ryRk1qe9lpso9_r1_500.gif

Tunic-bosses.gif
Yes, I think it would have definitely had a lot of success on PlayStation.

Reactions: Sunrise Ninja

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
Red Matter 2.... wow, amazing stuff. Just waiting on a quick charge of controllers to get back at it. The visuals are incredible, detail is on another level and there's just so much more than the first game.
Loved that one. First felt more like a small tech demo but they really upped it up in the second game. How far did you get?

Reactions: panda-zebra

Nym

Did you like my Glasses, Snake?
21 Jun 2022
We need a Pacific Drive thread. Ran out of fuel during an extraction, refueled and installed nitro boost to get into the gate before the storm overtook me. Was pretty sloppy in the menus but made it out

panda-zebra

2 Mar 2024
NW UK
Loved that one. First felt more like a small tech demo but they really upped it up in the second game. How far did you get?
I was late to a party then just got to a part where I was convinced to make an impossible-looking jump
that was impossible, lol, trolled)
and making my way back over. Some stuff in this has been putting big silly smiles on my face.

• Shake
Reactions: Johnic

toadsage44

22 Jun 2022
West Virginia, USA
Just finished up platinuming FF7 (OG) a week or so ago - that makes 10 Final Fantasy games that I've platinumed so far, and platinum #50 overall for me! - and I started Granblue Fantasy Relink recently. I'm really enjoying Relink, although the story is a typical generic anime tier writing and ultimately isn't much to write home about. I like the variety of characters available and the gameplay loop is fun. I'm considering going for platinum, but the trophy that requires beating all chapters on the highest difficulty is off-putting. I think it'll also be a lengthy grind because the guide I checked out said that you should get your characters to max level before attempting the hardest difficulty run due to the levels of enemies you'll be facing. It could be a good add to my JRPG platinum collection if it's not insanely difficult, however.

Reactions: Sloane_Ranger

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
I'm playing the FF16 DLC now, and did they change the way mouths moved when characters speak?!? It looks horrible and jarring to me now. Idk if it was patched, or I just got too used to FF7 Rebirths mouths movements....

Reactions: Sunrise Ninja

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
I'm playing the FF16 DLC now, and did they change the way mouths moved when characters speak?!? It looks horrible and jarring to me now. Idk if it was patched, or I just got too used to FF7 Rebirths mouths movements....
ok not all is bad, I guess just some of the newer interactions were rushed and quickly implemented, maybe by AI. But most of it is fine.