What Are You Playing Right Now?

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
The second part of the FF7 remake. This game has no right to be this good. After FF7 remake and XVI, my hopes for the series was VERY low. If the next game is as good as this, the series will grow even more.

I'm VERY critical of the new direction the series took but this game is great. If this released first instead of the lower quality first part, I'd have been more optimistic. I just won the card tournament on the ship out of Junon but so far they took great care with the game. Locations are expanded, minigames included,even the dumb little things from the original are included. Things you;d never expect to be included.

Reactions: JAHGamer
27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
The second part of the FF7 remake. This game has no right to be this good. After FF7 remake and XVI, my hopes for the series was VERY low. If the next game is as good as this, the series will grow even more.

I'm VERY critical of the new direction the series took but this game is great. If this released first instead of the lower quality first part, I'd have been more optimistic. I just won the card tournament on the ship out of Junon but so far they took great care with the game. Locations are expanded, minigames included,even the dumb little things from the original are included. Things you;d never expect to be included.
If it wasn't for the new direction it took I'd have no interest in it & wouldn't have bought FF 16 the only game I like where there's a turn based battle system is Pokémon

• thisistheway
Reactions: peter42O

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
Industria: boring but it had good ideas and visuals. Hopefully the sequel is much better.

Axiom Verge: Pretty good so far, excellent music. Should have included a scanlines/CRT filter from the get go. You have to use reshade.

Yuniac

Veteran
15 Apr 2024
Industria: boring but it had good ideas and visuals. Hopefully the sequel is much better.

Axiom Verge: Pretty good so far, excellent music. Should have included a scanlines/CRT filter from the get go. You have to use reshade.
Axiom Verge is supposedly good, I have it on my wishlist. By the way, there's a 2nd game too if you didn't know.

KvallyX

Icon Extra
13 Nov 2023
Stellar Blade. I’m loving it!
Right now it’s my Game of the Year. My GOTY games are ones I find addictive and can’t put down. And I enjoy looting and the skill tree and the menu items for inventory and upgrades are super easy to use. I do wish we had an option for a mini map though instead of swiping up for the full map. However I am fine with the directional compass on top of the screen displaying the objective.

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
Right now it’s my Game of the Year. My GOTY games are ones I find addictive and can’t put down. And I enjoy looting and the skill tree and the menu items for inventory and upgrades are super easy to use. I do wish we had an option for a mini map though instead of swiping up for the full map. However I am fine with the directional compass on top of the screen displaying the objective.

I’d love a mini-map too, but I managed with the compass. I’m one trophy short of the platinum and as you said, I couldn’t put it down. I feel sorry for the people who were baited into the false narratives and couldn't enjoy this masterpiece, every game that is exclusive to PS5 will catch fire by one way or the other.

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
40+ hours into Stellar Blade. Absolutely loving this game. From the visuals to the audio to the combat/gameplay to the exploration to the game and level design. Just loving the game overall and going for 100% completion which I rarely do in games.
Yeah, this game has had me in awe for the 30 hours i've spent so far. I actually find it hilarious how this game is nothing like a lot of the narratives around it, to the point where I can tell who has actually played it. The sexualization isn't really as in your face as people would have you think, it doesn't go any farther than games like Nier, or hell even older FFs like X-2. Speaking of X-2, I find this game to be girly as hell, (in a cool way) so "misogynist" accusations fall incredibly flat, and ironically enough I could see why this game appeals to women a lot too.

I think this has cult classic written all over it, gorgeous visuals and music, addictive gameplay, intriguing story. Personal favorite tracks has to be the second camp song, the xion track with the shoegazed guitar, eidos 7, Tachy's theme.... man pretty much the whole thing is unreasonably good. Hot take but I prefer this game to Sekiro, the countering looks amazing (counter chain 1 +2 are immensely satisfying) and feels a generation above it. Tracker says i'm 60% and I've heard very positive things about the late end of the game. Incredibly excited!

peter42O

Icon Extra
12 Jan 2024
Yeah, this game has had me in awe for the 30 hours i've spent so far. I actually find it hilarious how this game is nothing like a lot of the narratives around it, to the point where I can tell who has actually played it. The sexualization isn't really as in your face as people would have you think, it doesn't go any farther than games like Nier, or hell even older FFs like X-2. Speaking of X-2, I find this game to be girly as hell, (in a cool way) so "misogynist" accusations fall incredibly flat, and ironically enough I could see why this game appeals to women a lot too.

I think this has cult classic written all over it, gorgeous visuals and music, addictive gameplay, intriguing story. Personal favorite tracks has to be the second camp song, the xion track with the shoegazed guitar, eidos 7, Tachy's theme.... man pretty much the whole thing is unreasonably good. Hot take but I prefer this game to Sekiro, the countering looks amazing (counter chain 1 +2 are immensely satisfying) and feels a generation above it. Tracker says i'm 60% and I've heard very positive things about the late end of the game. Incredibly excited!

Yeah, the sexual stuff is pretty much non-existent. Suggestive? Sure but that's as far as it goes.

Overall, im loving the game. A few minor nitpicks but otherwise, no major issues or complaints. Love all the areas and that they mix up the open areas with linear sections in between and an action sequence set piece here and there. I only played the beginning of Sekiro and wasn't for me but im not a From Software or souls guy. I agree with the countering and the dodging is really good too. I have all the stuff for the first three areas 100% but im two thirds through the story so as im progressing, im trying to knock it all out.

I am playing on story mode since im not good at parrying and countering and I was expecting the game to be harder than what it is but I have only died 5 times and 2 or 3 of them were due to missed jumps.

Here's a hot take of my own - I rated Rebirth a 9.0/10 overall and Stellar Blade is on track to also be a 9.0/10 for me and if that happens, I will have it ranked above Rebirth.

Nomen_Nescio

11 Aug 2023
Been playing Dave the diver for the past few days, a neat indie game about hunting fish and working in a sushi joint.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Been playing Dave the diver for the past few days, a neat indie game about hunting fish and working in a sushi joint.
Destroy @Sircaw

Angry Season 9 GIF by Shameless

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Dave the diver has been consuming 75% of my free time, i can feel things wrapping up soon though so I'll be able to get back to stellar blade

Reactions: Jim Ryan

Nomen_Nescio

11 Aug 2023
Dave the diver has been consuming 75% of my free time, i can feel things wrapping up soon though so I'll be able to get back to stellar blade
It is becoming more of a chore for me, and the game often limits your progress per day. Still enjoyable, might take a bit of a break from it.