What Are You Playing Right Now?

Polyh3dron

Veteran
31 Jan 2024
So you think they're gonna push a button and it's gonna be on Steam? FF16 exclusivity period been over, where is it?

You're just hurting yourself with this lmao
Have you ever seen the amount of effort SE puts into their PC ports? I'm willing to bet the port is already done and waiting on SE to put it out. They will want some lead time for marketing and whatever else they have executives justifying their jobs performing mental gymnastics over, but I think we are seeing an announcement around Summer Game Fest time for a release a month or two away, and I don't think there will be a EGS exclusivity window this time.

• haha
Reactions: Would_you_kindly

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Have you ever seen the amount of effort SE puts into their PC ports? I'm willing to bet the port is already done and waiting on SE to put it out. They will want some lead time for marketing and whatever else they have executives justifying their jobs performing mental gymnastics over, but I think we are seeing an announcement around Summer Game Fest time for a release a month or two away, and I don't think there will be a EGS exclusivity window this time.
Sure, keep waiting. Meanwhile I played both FF7s day one.

• Shake
Reactions: 2spooky5me

Ico

8 May 2024
My journey on monster hunter world continues! I finally managed to make a build with good skills, it only took a dozen hunts of Odogarons and Rathalos trying to get a gem/ruby drop, had to get a month of PS Extra to play online and make the process less tedious lmao, I now realize that my optimal way to keep playing from now on will be: first solo the monster during the main quest and then play online to farm, tons of fun!

My next step will be Nergigante!

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Finally buckled down and pushed through to the end of Stellar Blade and rolled credits with the (i assume) true ending.

Final score 8.5/10

Combat: 9/10. Very fun, and the last few bosses were fairly challenging. Especially the final boss took me a lot of tries, felt very much like a souls boss with super aggressive movesets. Doesn't hit 10/10 because of a few things, namely some clunkiness in the control scheme and it was too easy to assassinate the normal enemies.
Level design: 9/10. Patterned after souls games, but a fair bit more linear. This means that there's very few times you get lost, but always some alternate path where you can unlock a shortcut or find some hidden items or powerups. Exploration was very enjoyable.
Story: 7/10. One of the weaker parts of the game, but still enjoyable. Just don't expect anything groundbreaking. The ending gave me vibes of another game so originally I thought I was supposed to lose. Definitely sequel baiting.
Characters: 6/10. Another weak part of the game, compounded by weak directing and weak delivery.
Visuals/Art/Graphics: 9/10. Not perfect but looks quite good. At points you can definitely tell it's an unreal engine game though, with muddy textures on rocks. Some distracting shimmering and ghosting artifacts from the TAA and upscaling in performance mode.
Music: 8/10. Solid, but not inspired. Gets some points for most of the music being a jazzy style that isn't often seen in games, especially action games.

• Informative
Reactions: Sircaw

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Finally got my current rotation in order. About 45 hours into Rise of Ronin and still chipping away. Outer Worlds continues to pull me in with each hour I put in every so often. And the Crew Motorsport still delivering with “legacy playlists” to give me something to do each time I revisit.

However those will all be retired for a month or so since Final Shape has just launched. Can’t wait to get home

The PS5 is a fantastic console 🥰

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Put about 3 more hours into animal well. This game is crazy innovative. I love it. The atmosphere is great, the platforming is great, all the little hidden things are great. I love it that it's not a game that demands physical skill but works your brain a little, but still requires a bit of execution and rewards it. Feeling like a 9.5 so far

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Just finished FFVII Rebirth recently, what a ridiculously huge game, with one of the worst final boss sequences of all time, it was hilariously bad and their dumb save system can easily cause you to lose tons of hours of progress if you simple chose to restart from last checkpoint after you die. The final stage of that fight has to be an internal joke.

10/10 anyway, easy GOTY.

TrishaCat

17 May 2024
I jump around between titles a lot due to attention span issues, but overall right now I'm playing:
Pokemon Reborn
Final Fantasy VIII
Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward
Final Fantasy XV
Kingdom Hearts 1

Pokemon Reborn:
Pokemon but edgy and more difficult is a lot of fun. Game even has working online somehow which is kind of incredible for an rpgmaker fangame. Just got my first badge. My starter was Fennekin!

Final Fantasy VIII:
Not really huge on this one thus far (at disc 3). It's fine, I think Draw-ing magic is kinda cool and the graphics are arguably the best on PS1. All the fmvs that play during cutscenes are really cool, and seeing Squall learn to open up and lean on others is heartwarming. But the plot, the dungeons, it just doesn't impress me, and the level scaling is bizarre.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward
A Realm Reborn's story was weak, but Heavensward's stuff with the dragons and the political ramifications of you working to end the dragon war has made this an exciting expansion. The music in Foundation is amazing, and the new machinist class is a lot of fun with how mobile you can be during combat.

Final Fantasy XV:
For the longest I scoffed at this one but finally playing it I guess it's okay? Yoko Shimomura's music is as lovely as ever and I like how it really feels like you're on a road trip with the bros with all the party banter. I find the combat too automated though, and the limitations on the car driving preventing any real control is lame. Story hasn't sold me either.

Kingdom Hearts 1:
This camera is so bad yall. The camera hurts. But gosh I love Kingdom Hearts and as rough as the first game is the facial animations put a lotta modern games to shame. The combat is really fun too. I've already played this one before, but the steam release got me hyped and I couldn't wait so I launched my Epic copy instead. These graphics are so good, the game is gorgeous at 4k, they hold up so well. Can't say the same about the voice acting however.

Last edited:

Monkeyclaw

29 May 2024
You Suck at Parking
Wolfenstein New Colossus (which still looks awesome for a 7 year old game)
Helldivers 2

Last edited:

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Horizon Forbidden West
The Last of Us Part 2 Remastered

and will be buying Manor Lords sometime soon

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
Finished Fort Solis, grabbed Xboxes best game now on PS, HfiRush - will check out.

Fort Solis had great visuals and atmosphere, but the writing was unbearably tone death. It’s all levity and chirpy banter, you find murdered bodies….still all levity and chirpy banter 🤪

Reactions: JAHGamer

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
Finished Fort Solis, grabbed Xboxes best game now on PS, HfiRush - will check out.

Fort Solis had great visuals and atmosphere, but the writing was unbearably tone death. It’s all levity and chirpy banter, you find murdered bodies….still all levity and chirpy banter 🤪
What's gameplay like? More action focused or are there less enemies? A stalker enemy?

peter42O

Veteran
Icon Extra
12 Jan 2024
Starfield. 75+ hours into the game. With all the added gameplay options, loving the game even more now than I did last September. Downloaded the newest update that released yesterday and since I own the Premium Edition, you get 1000 credits to use in the Creations Menu. I used 700 credits on the Tracker's Alliance quest. Can definitely see myself spending a lot of money on Creations from Bethesda Game Studios as long as it's quests. Don't care about the cosmetics and whatnot.

Very happy that I don't have a new game until Flintlock: The Siege of Dawn on July 18th as gives me a lot of time to put into Starfield. 😂

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
FFXIII trilogy. Beat FFXIII, decent 6/10 game. Great music and visuals, even the vanilla PC version. Currently FFXIII - 2. This is even worse. The story is a mess. I guess I'll beat it since I am halfway through the game. Don't know if I'll play Lighting Returns if its as bad as XIII -2.

Think I met my JRPG quota for the decade with these 3 games.