What Are You Playing Right Now?

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
FFXIII trilogy. Beat FFXIII, decent 6/10 game. Great music and visuals, even the vanilla PC version. Currently FFXIII - 2. This is even worse. The story is a mess. I guess I'll beat it since I am halfway through the game. Don't know if I'll play Lighting Returns if its as bad as XIII -2.

Think I met my JRPG quota for the decade with these 3 games.
why wouldn't you play an actually good jrpg

GachaMadeMeBroke

26 Nov 2023
Withering Rooms. Saw people on Era raving about and the description and videos sold me. Super hooked on it. It’s really great and I’m surprised we don’t have more horror mashups like this. It’s even got some Bloodborne influences where you have an “insight” meter and the higher it is the more of the unseen you you can see which is quite neat. The more magic you use the more the meter fills so you kinda need to balance how much magic you wanna use VS how messed up you want the environment to become. Keen to see where it all goes.

Played some Dredge also and uhh it’s okay. Kinda boring. Maybe it picks up but will continue after withering waves.

Edit: meant Withering Room. Got freaking gacha rot brain

TrishaCat

17 May 2024
Don't know if I'll play Lighting Returns if its as bad as XIII -2.
Lightning Returns plays completely differently from XIII-2 and I'd argue its the best of the trilogy. Its basically anime action rpg Majora's Mask, complete with a 13 day time limit with different quests being available during different times of the day. It only has four major zones, with two of them being really big fleshed out cities. I really really recommend Lightning Returns. Imo LR > 13 > 13-2

SSfox

Enter The Fox
21 Jun 2022
Shadow Moses
Just get back prepare and messing here and there with Elden Ring to heat up before DLC.

Started new game RE4 this game so f***" good

TR remastered started TR3 dlc

Genshin and Honkai, and some T8 rank time to time as usual.

GachaMadeMeBroke

26 Nov 2023
Withering Rooms continues to be awesome. Chapter 2 now. Such a weird and wonderful challenging game.

Finished Stellar Blade and it was amazing. Gameplay really took me back to that crunchy grunge ps2 action era, adored it. Even the ending was just pure PS2 era nonsense I couldn’t have asked for more.

Farming my life away preparing my team in Star Rail for Firefly 😭 Have to build Ruan Mei, HTB and Gallaghar. Completely ignored Break characters.

Lightning Returns plays completely differently from XIII-2 and I'd argue it’s the best of the trilogy. It’s basically anime action rpg Majora's Mask, complete with a 13 day time limit with different quests being available during different times of the day. It only has four major zones, with two of them being really big fleshed out cities. I really really recommend Lightning Returns. Imo LR > 13 > 13-2

+1 recommending Lightning Returns.

Reactions: TrishaCat

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Dual Destiny exotic class mission was pretty dope.

Different than other exotic dungeons as it’s a bit more designed like a raid than other missions and more involved with communication.

Took about 3 hours for me and my buddy to get all the mechanics down. Nothing frustrating. Very good time. Zero Hour and Whisper has cooler set pieces tho.

When I’m done with the expansion launch def going back to Ronin, Outer Worlds and Crew Motorsport and the selected backlog on deck.

Not really buying anything else for the next year outside of Elden Ring DLC until Marathon, Death Stranding 2 or Monster Hunter Wilds drop.

TrishaCat

17 May 2024
>beat final boss of kingdom hearts 1 (steam)
>game crashes during one of the final cutscenes
>: (

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
FINALLY finished FF7R. Took about 95 hours. Excellent game but they went a bit overboard with some mini games and that last boss rush is a bit too much.

I have about 10 games I still haven't played and I have no idea which one to start.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
I played a bit of Dune: Spice Wars. I was really looking forward to this game and I love the old school Dune RTS's but this is... not really very good. I dislike a lot of things about the game, the UI/UX is mid, the 4x aspects are basic or undercooked, diplomacy is barebones, systems not explained very well, territory development is...lacking. I wish I liked this game but it just doesn't cut it for me.

• Informative
Reactions: Nomen_Nescio

peter42O

Veteran
Icon Extra
12 Jan 2024
Still playing Starfield. 130+ hours on this play-through. Completed the United Colonies and Freestar Rangers faction quest lines. 1/3rd through the main story. Over 100 side quests completed. 2/3rd's through the Ryujin faction quest line. Still have the Crimson Fleet faction quest line which I know from playing it last year is the best so im saving it for near the end of my play-through.

Sloane_Ranger

Icon Extra
3 Jul 2023
V Rising! About 15 or 20 bosses in (So I am thinking half way through?). Loving the mechanics they put in for vampires, the crafting and castle building are fun. One thing I think is really well done on the crafting side is how there really is a use for everything - at one point I thought - why am I collecting this stuff, but then a new tech or need shows itself and I wish I had found more. I think the console controls are a little tough from a learning curve perspective, but fine after a few hours. Good fun, some cool surprises, runs great. Stong B so far!

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
V Rising! About 15 or 20 bosses in (So I am thinking half way through?). Loving the mechanics they put in for vampires, the crafting and castle building are fun. One thing I think is really well done on the crafting side is how there really is a use for everything - at one point I thought - why am I collecting this stuff, but then a new tech or need shows itself and I wish I had found more. I think the console controls are a little tough from a learning curve perspective, but fine after a few hours. Good fun, some cool surprises, runs great. Stong B so far!
Is there button remapping? Seen the lay up and it was kinda shit..