Why Are People Happy That Concord Is Failing?

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
It's so funny how suddenly everyone is sick of this games when it relates to Concord but we also had people on this very forum and outside announcing how a game like Valorant was gonna eat Concord for breakfast... When it launches on console.

Marvel Rivals again didn't face this same narrative... But for Concord... Too late, oversaturated market, should have been canceled...

A lot of revisionist history taking place because people don't wanna admit why they really are shitting on this game.

Funny to see though.

Yep. Only no room for Playstation… But when they make SP games people complain they only do 3rd person ggames.
Outside of the character design, there was alot of bias bs tactics

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Danja

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
It's so funny how suddenly everyone is sick of this games when it relates to Concord but we also had people on this very forum and outside announcing how a game like Valorant was gonna eat Concord for breakfast... When it launches on console.

Marvel Rivals again didn't face this same narrative... But for Concord... Too late, oversaturated market, should have been canceled...

A lot of revisionist history taking place because people don't wanna admit why they really are shitting on this game.

Funny to see though.

Valorant DID eat it for breakfast.

It’s one of the top 10 games on ps5 in the us. It’s ranked 9th in best selling. Concord is ranked 44th on best selling.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Yep. Only no room for Playstation… But when they make SP games people complain they only do 3rd person ggames.
Outside of the character design, there was alot of bias bs tactics
Exactly! Just one look on the comments on / under this innocent tweet. Literally just a hive mind of people cyber jumping the game because of their own personal issues with the game and not because oh... They are sick of Hero Shooters.

The comments have nothing to do with the game at all , which has been the case from the very beginning

• brain
Reactions: Kokoloko

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Valorant DID eat it for breakfast.

It’s one of the top 10 games on ps5 in the us. It’s ranked 9th in best selling. Concord is ranked 44th on best selling.

Thank you for stating the obvious genius while missing the point of my post and proving exactly my point in the process. But, I guess you just felt like you had to get a word on my post huh? At least this time you quoted instead of constantly making off hand remarks

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
I’m gonna reinforce this.

Valorant’s console launch, like I said, 100% ate Concord for breakfast, lunch and dinner on PS5.

Two similar games launching in a similar timeframe. Hero shooters. Picking the f2p and established game is an easy choice when it’s f2p. Its pedigree is also known and recognized.

Valorant’s console launch is yet another gaas success story for the year along with Helldivers, , ZZX and First Descendant. It’s already dominant on PlayStation and occupying the spot Concord should’ve have as a 1st party release on their own platform.

Concord IS NOT one of these success stories. The way consumers have rejected a a premiere first party Sony release like this is unprecedented. Find all the excuses you want. No one wants it. Doesn’t matter. Nor is it a rejection of the GaaS strategy since ps gamers still love to consume all the GaaS they can.

At this point it’s the biggest flop in PlayStations history.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Exactly! Just one look on the comments on / under this innocent tweet. Literally just a hive mind of people cyber jumping the game because of their own personal issues with the game and not because oh... They are sick of Hero Shooters.

The comments have nothing to do with the game at all , which has been the case from the very beginning

Yep hive minded.
Tbh, if Concord last as long as destructive all stars, with decent match making. Im good. Something i can pick up for a couple hours, few times a week. I think FP2 and PS+ will help that happen.
If they are really smart then change some character designs to just make everything so much easier

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Yep hive minded.
Tbh, if Concord last as long as destructive all stars, with decent match making. Im good. Something i can pick up for a couple hours, few times a week. I think FP2 and PS+ will help that happen.
If they are really smart then change some character designs to just make everything so much easier
At this stage they should probably just focus and try to go all out for the next 3 seasons. They should probably try to add 1extra character and map each season (wishful thinking)... It may not have a strong enough player pool in a year.

They can start planning some occasional free weekends for PS+ users and then a few for everyone basically have some F2P weekends and hopw they can pull in a few more folks.

Maybe by Xmas they can put it on PS+ and then retool the game to go F2P with the season 3 content drop?

I'm still seeing a couple level 1's in matches so it seems there's still a very slow trickle of people still buying.

I was still getting matches in under 10 - 20 seconds last night as well. I've only ever had one late join match since I e bought the game, so things aren't dire on PS5 as yet, thankfully..they need to mandate Crossplay for the remaining PC players for now.

• Shake

Men_in_Boxes

18 Aug 2024

Funny to see though.
I've read that psychologists have studied why people buy lottery tickets. It's actually not because people think they're going to win. The odds are way too small. People buy lotto tickets because it gives them the pleasurable feeling of thinking about what would happen if they win.

People have 100% certainty that they're going to change their thought patterns after a lotto purchase.

I think the same psychology applies here. Concord failing allows them to live in a preferred fantasy. They like to think, however wrongly, that Live Service market is crashing and PlayStation is going back to single player games focus.

It's much more fun to believe the lie, ignore Valorants console success, and pretend to believe Concord represents some end point for a trend they never liked.

It's a fantasy.

OP
OP
Shmunter

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
I've read that psychologists have studied why people buy lottery tickets. It's actually not because people think they're going to win. The odds are way too small. People buy lotto tickets because it gives them the pleasurable feeling of thinking about what would happen if they win.

People have 100% certainty that they're going to change their thought patterns after a lotto purchase.

I think the same psychology applies here. Concord failing allows them to live in a preferred fantasy. They like to think, however wrongly, that Live Service market is crashing and PlayStation is going back to single player games focus.

It's much more fun to believe the lie, ignore Valorants console success, and pretend to believe Concord represents some end point for a trend they never liked.

It's a fantasy.
Can’t wait for Havens game to relive the fantasy

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023

Funny to see though.
Marvel Rivals absolutely did face vitriol, and rightly so, for being a shameless cash-grab made by the Chinese with data stolen from their running of Overwatch servers.

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
Valorant is free to play though

And? It’s still making money revenue on PlayStation than concord. Best selling would include MT transactions.

It also isn’t paywalled by ps plus subscriptions…

More reasons as to why it’s easy for PlayStation players to have one choice over the other.

In all fairness, Valorant console launch kinda came out of nowhere. But Sony should’ve have known and positioned away from it.

This situation is bad. Like very bad. You have to question what will even happen to Firewalk after this.

I dont think this is a salvageable scenario. It really did launch DOA.

AllBizness

Veteran
22 Jul 2023
And? It’s still making money revenue on PlayStation than concord. Best selling would include MT transactions.

It also isn’t paywalled by ps plus subscriptions…

More reasons as to why it’s easy for PlayStation players to have one choice over the other.

In all fairness, Valorant console launch kinda came out of nowhere. But Sony should’ve have known and positioned away from it.

This situation is bad. Like very bad. You have to question what will even happen to Firewalk after this.

I dont think this is a salvageable scenario. It really did launch DOA.
My point was if Valorant were not freet to play it would be down there with Concord in the rankings.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Marvel Rivals absolutely did face vitriol, and rightly so, for being a shameless cash-grab made by the Chinese with data stolen from their running of Overwatch servers.
But did it face vitriol for being a Hero Shooter???

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022

It’s a Overwatch clone for Marvel fans. That’s its audience and hero shooter totally seems on-brand. It’s like expecting Mario Kart to cater to Ridge Racer fans.

Marvel Rivals also had a strong beta showing with decent player reception. Unlike Avengers it might actually work.

Hunt Showdown had a quiet release as a premium priced PvP game launching same time as Concord. It found an audience. Gamers will pay.

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
Worse, its been given almost complete noncoverage from every outlet that wasn't being paid to talk about it. Gamer-sphere interest in the title seems nonexistent to me.