Xbox fanatics social media meltdowns in regards to 3rd party move and other losses |OT| "When fiction meets reality.

GachaMadeMeBroke

26 Nov 2023
My dude is getting roasted by everybody.
Guy goes "Yeah, they should do something else, btw I don't like JRPGs."

Really feels like some gamer got drinking and decided to post some nuclear hot take.
Too much of a coward to make a poll to go with his thread though, that would've ultra been funny.

Got the link for that? If this is true, guy is just trolling and hoping nobody would notice.

Edit: Found it

Yeah it 100% feels like a troll. At least majority of the thread is calling the OP dumb lol But era has a lot more shit takes than usual these days, mods sleeping.

Reactions: BigMclargeHuge

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
I like how a bunch of responses are " it needs to go multi platform ". Nintendo doesn't make hardware powerful enough ( they haven't in over 20 years) and Xbox is dead.
FF15 flopped on PC and FF7 Remake still hasn't sold 1m on PC after 2 years. These guys are being disingenuous when they say that FF going multiplatform would help sales....Switch isn't powerful enough and Xbox/PC sales are a joke. Anything to attack PlayStation tho 🤷‍♂️

quest4441

27 Feb 2024
Final Fantasy is Playstation and Playstation is Final Fantasy. GT and FF are more inherent to Playstation brand identity than the new age garbage of horizons and last of us's, sales numbers be damned. ResetEra keyboard marketers don't understand why FF exclusivity is important but Sony does and that is why they go after it instead of spending on yakuza or persona.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Cool hand luke

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
Final Fantasy is Playstation and Playstation is Final Fantasy. GT and FF are more inherent to Playstation brand identity than the new age garbage of horizons and last of us's, sales numbers be damned. ResetEra keyboard marketers don't understand why FF exclusivity is important but Sony does and that is why they go after it instead of spending on yakuza or persona.
Tell that to Sony management who for whatever reason wouldve rather bet the farm on no games bungie than acquire Square or at the very least make a big stock purchase. I really wouldnt be surprised if the xbox whackos are right and MS is making a move for SE.

• sad
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Tell that to Sony management who for whatever reason wouldve rather bet the farm on no games bungie than acquire Square or at the very least make a big stock purchase. I really wouldnt be surprised if the xbox whackos are right and MS is making a move for SE.
So microsoft who is pushing xbox division to be profitable (finally) is going to buy a publisher that their core audience doesn't like, and always has problems meeting profit targets? Yeah ok, that sounds like a Phil Spencer braindead move but Satya and the moneymen are in charge now.

Reactions: voke

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
So microsoft who is pushing xbox division to be profitable (finally) is going to buy a publisher that their core audience doesn't like, and always has problems meeting profit targets? Yeah ok, that sounds like a Phil Spencer braindead move but Satya and the moneymen are in charge now.
Phil Spencer operates out of pure spite and hatred towards Sony and yeah SE is a little more vulnrable than i think most of us would like to admit at the moment.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Phil Spencer operates out of pure spite and hatred towards Sony and yeah SE is a little more vulnrable than i think most of us would like to admit at the moment.
Satya would not allow it in this environment. Phil is getting sidelined.

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023

Sony doesn't want to buy Square Enix, they already get most of the games to sell on their platform in great numbers.
They would pay billions for little returns and be saddled with the entirety of 4.7k~ SE employees to manage.
Stock purchases are also not really valuable considering SE has been rather stable in terms of stock price, there's no growth value there.

Microsoft buying SE would be a terrible deal for SE and for Microsoft.
SE has no audience on Xbox, so unless almost nothing changes besides in their business strategy(in terms of SKUs) it would be a net negative for SE because things would largely remain the same, but they would not have their independence.

SE will remain exactly where it is, it's up to them to get those numbers up.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: panda-zebra

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
Satya would not allow it in this environment. Phil is getting sidelined.

Sony doesn't want to buy Square Enix, they already get most of the games to sell on their platform in great numbers.
They would pay billions for little returns and be saddled with the entirety of 4.7k~ SE employees to manage.
Stock purchases are also not really valuable considering SE has been rather stable in terms of stock price, there's no growth value there.

Microsoft buying SE would be a terrible deal for SE and for Microsoft.
SE has no audience on Xbox, so unless almost nothing changes besides in their business strategy(in terms of SKUs) it would be a net negative for SE because things would largely remain the same, but they would not have their independence.

SE will remain exactly where it is, it's up to them to get those numbers up.
Microsoft is an extremely scummy, petty, and spiteful company. Theyd buy a company just to block Sony from being able to make deals with them even if the company went out of business afterwards just out of pure spite. Thta basically what they did with Starfield and think they havent thought the same towards SE. MS wants to gate keep all the most popular IP so everyone has to go through them.

• angry
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022

Theyre already laying the foundation. This is the lawyer guy with Japanese PM and the US ambassador to Japan spending billions in AI cloud and cyber security. You all say them buying publishers in Japan is impossible well if they were going to do it you make moves like this.

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023

Theyre already laying the foundation. This is the lawyer guy with Japanese PM and the US ambassador to Japan spending billions in AI cloud and cyber security. You all say them buying publishers in Japan is impossible well if they were going to do it you make moves like this.

Japan: thanks for the money, gaijin. Sayonara.

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023

I wouldn't be too worried about MS purchases in japan. Statistically it makes 0 sense.

reziel

Veteran
12 Jun 2023
Ehh turns out the source that started this rumor was the guy that said Apple was buying Playstation. So take this with a large grain of salt.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
I wouldn't be too worried about MS purchases in japan. Statistically it makes 0 sense.
japan would do what Pride did with UFC when they bought them

Family Feud Lol GIF by Steve Harvey

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
Ehh turns out the source that started this rumor was the guy that said Apple was buying Playstation. So take this with a large grain of salt.
I understand the account that posted it is a total bottom feeder but thats who Phil and Greenberg interact with.

Puff

Veteran
10 Jan 2023

Don't worry, Sony will announce more PC ports for Steam and a price increase to their games make them maybe 80 to $120. Sony is going to be fine ✋🤓