Xbox Games Showcase and Starfield Direct Double Feature

EightC

11 Jul 2022
I thought the conference was a 6/10 for me and the Starfield was a 10/10 if they pull that off it's gonna be incredible. I though Avowed looked good and that new Capcom game looks fun and Persona is always a good time but other than that nothing really caught my eye. Many of the game had no game play so for me I'll revist once they have something more concrete I found Fable really dissapointing.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Eh, I just don't agree that all games worth playing are "worth" $70. For example, I bought Stray day one, but I wouldn't pay $70 for that game. But it was worth playing and worth the $40 I paid for it.
So if you had to chose between not ever paying Stray and $70 you would chose $70?

Then it's not a good game.

I would pay $70 for Outer Wilds and other indies I enjoyed if that was the only way to experience them. Average/passable games are a waste of time with how many good bangers exist.

ghostz

Banned
12 Apr 2023
It's a forum, that's how forums work. Also, I said I would play the game? I said multiple times in this forum that I want to play Starfield. That doesn't mean the game is the next coming of Jesus, or that it is not a rip off of other established titles. I'm curious about it and what Bethesda came up with. If it sucks, Xbox will see a grand total of 10 quid from a gamepass subscription I'll make just to play it.

Actually, I may be able to get a key from a pack of pringles.

No reason to explain anything, we get it, you’re going to be playing Starfield.

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
LMAO he’s now comparing Starfield to Redfall.

I’ll be holding onto this post until September. 🤣

Where does his post compare redfail with Starfield? Another report for you, mods must be tired.

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
No reason to explain anything, we get it, you’re going to be playing Starfield.

Yep. And it's still not fantastic for my standards, which are substantially higher than yours apparently.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
So if you had to chose between not ever paying Stray and $70 you would chose $70?

Then it's not a good game.
Again, disagree. There are games I would pay $100 or more for. I bought a ps4 pro to play ff7 remake. Is any game that doesn't make me buy a $400 console + pay $60 and buy the dlc not a good game?

Your standards are arbitrary.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Again, disagree. There are games I would pay $100 or more for. I bought a ps4 pro to play ff7 remake. Is any game that doesn't make me buy a $400 console + pay $60 and buy the dlc not a good game?

Your standards are arbitrary.
How are my standards arbitrary? My standard don't conform quality to price, all games are measured by the same scale. You are the one who has an arbitrary system.

D

Deleted member 417

*enters thread to see what they missed from the showcase*

*sees another xbox shill shitting up the thread*

backing up homer simpson GIF

Avowed and Clockwork looks good. Not sold on starfield. I'll get it on PC for teh modz

Reactions: Bryank75

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Show was mostly really bad IMO. What was Fable and Hellblade 2, after ALL THIS TIME? And where was Perfect Dark?

Starfeld looks fine, but still looks like Skyrim in space with No Man's Sky mashed into it. And by far most of the footage shown was "cinematic" angle stuff to try and make the vistas and locations look exciting, and interesting. As soon as it cuts to in game perspectives it immediately feels like "Yeah, we are in a Bethesda game."

So yeah, it will be cool enough, but I have no doubt it's going to be massively overrated by a certain contingent. Two duds of a show in a row for me. I think I might just be over what 98% of the game industry produces these days, for better or worse.

I actually already see Xbot shills saying how mind-blowing this show was but to me that comes across like a starving man being thrown a microwave dinner. I was actually really excited for this after the Sony show, because I want to see something from these guys that's new and cool, but nope.

Welfare

Forum Veteran
23 Jan 2023
What about it looks that incredible?

And yet sales have been down in every available market that releases statistics.
Wow I wonder why genius. Supply was low. I'm sure there's a book on that somewhere.
Your proof is another Phil Spencer spin? There ain't no shortage of Xbox, wake up.

Start working on your next excuse for why it ain't selling. 🤡
Sue him for lying

My god the cope.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
How are my standards arbitrary? My standard don't conform quality to price, all games are measured by the same scale.
Because you are only setting the "worthiness" of games at $70 because that's what they currently cost. Did good games magically get $10 better from last gen? For the most part, no. Was Horizon Forbidden West a bad game because people were unwilling to pay the extra $10? No. Let's say Street Fighter 6 raises its price from $60 to $70 tomorrow and people completely shit on it and refuse to buy it. Does it suddenly become a bad game? Of course not.

riesgoyfortuna

Veteran
4 Jul 2022
This forum was yelling at me for months that the Series X has a demand problem and that I'm spinning sales being low after showing multiple times supply was low.

Learn to take an L. I was right as always. You don't significantly increase supply for a product that doesn't sell. Series X supply has increased over the past two weeks.

The spin on this forum is fucking hilarious.
Man, the only thing fucking hilarious its your butthurt feelings on every sales thread, cuco

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Sue him for lying

My god the cope.
So your defense is that Phil never lies/spins? 🤡

Because you are only setting the "worthiness" of games at $70 because that's what they currently cost. Did good games magically get $10 better from last gen? For the most part, no. Was Horizon Forbidden West a bad game because people were unwilling to pay the extra $10? No. Let's say Street Fighter 6 raises its price from $60 to $70 tomorrow and people completely shit on it and refuse to buy it. Does it suddenly become a bad game? Of course not.
I'm not going to spend a bunch of hours on something that I would rather not play if it costed slightly more. To me it makes complete sense.

This sort of mentality is what leads people to say games things like "the game was good because I got it on gamepass".

It not even a matter of having the money to spend or not because plenty of games that were once $60/$70 can be played for next to nothing.

Reactions: PS_ROCKS