Xbox needs to be called out more for its lack of innovation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DynamiteCop

Banned
2 Jul 2022
People should still be given a choice of what version they want to install regardless. They bought two licenses, they should be able to choose which one to install.
They didn't buy two licenses, it's a single license with a branch in code. Also, the only time this is ever a thing anywhere else in gaming software is with beta builds.

This isn't a feature on PS5, it's an oversight.

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
They didn't buy two licenses, it's a single license with a branch in code. Also, the only time this is ever a thing anywhere else in gaming software is with beta builds.

This isn't a feature on PS5, it's an oversight.
Animated GIF

If it was an oversight it would have been removed eons ago.

Reactions: Swift_Star

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
Absolutely fake news.
It's written on psn that buying a game gives you access to both PS4 and PS5 versions.
This literally means you've bought two licenses.
They also make it clear when that doesn't happen and it's when you have to pay for the upgrade, hence, the PS5 license.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Cragarmi

DynamiteCop

Banned
2 Jul 2022
It's written on psn that buying a game gives you access to both PS4 and PS5 versions.
This literally means you've bought two licenses.
They also make it clear when that doesn't happen and it's when you have to pay for the upgrade, hence, the PS5 license.
No, it's depot upgrade...

Cragarmi

Moderator- From the United Kingdom
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Not even there, it's a depot upgrade should you choose to spend the $10.
Apart from the games with free upgrades. And no there are 2 licence agreements. Nothing to stop you installing the game on both PS4 and PS5 if you own both systems. Ok wouldn't speak on things you are not sure about, perhaps you 'lack the education' ?

Last edited:

DynamiteCop

Banned
2 Jul 2022
Apart from the games with free upgrades. And no there are 2 licence agreements. Nothing to stop you installing the game on both PS4 and PS5 if you own both systems. Ok wouldn't speak on things you are not sure about, perhaps you 'lack the education' ?
This is how any software package upgrades. There's one license with branched code. You console people speak out of turn so often on things you just don't understand.

Cragarmi

Moderating
20 Jun 2022
This is how any software package upgrades. There's one license with branched code. You console people speak out of turn so often on things you just don't understand.
You have been told by multiple people here that it is written for all to see on PSN that it gives you access to both versions for multiple games, not all admittedly but each publisher has their own rules on those things. If you choose to not believe it that is your prerogative, and that is the last I will say on the subject. But don't demean other users further.

DynamiteCop

Banned
2 Jul 2022
You have been told by multiple people here that it is written for all to see on PSN that it gives you access to both versions for multiple games, not all admittedly but each publisher has their own rules on those things. If you choose to not believe it that is your prerogative, and that is the last I will say on the subject. But don't demean other users further.
Here's an idea, play both at the same time.

Oh wait....

DynamiteCop

Banned
2 Jul 2022
Choice is good. What is stopping Xbox giving you the option to install the disk version instead of opting for smart delivery. Oh yes, the DRM...
It's not DRM and it works with disc installs, also don't be so obtuse when it comes to gaming these days. Your discs are just basically coasters now with required downloading.

The Xbox One vision happened regardless, these are online devices which need internet to really do or play anything. That little DRM shtick hasn't been relevant for years now.

DynamiteCop

Banned
2 Jul 2022
It blows my mind they couldn't be bothered with VR support, even going as far as walking back on promises already made. Truly pathetic.
Do you not understand how niche VR is? VR is one of my favorite activities but it's just not a mainstream product. If Microsoft wanted to they could make VR a thing within the week and partner with third party headset maker, however it's pointless.

Software for console VR is also incredibly limited, and it's far too filtered to bother with. Most VR developers are small teams without a lot of money, they can't afford to port to console, they can't afford platform fees, so most don't bother.

I messed with PSVR for a while and it was a decent entry point, but reality is it just can't provide the variety or PC grade experience to sustain.

Cragarmi

Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Do you not understand how niche VR is? VR is one of my favorite activities but it's just not a mainstream product. If Microsoft wanted to they could make VR a thing within the week and partner with third party headset maker, however it's pointless.

Software for console VR is also incredibly limited, and it's far too filtered to bother with. Most VR developers are small teams without a lot of money, they can't afford to port to console, they can't afford platform fees, so most don't bother.

I messed with PSVR for a while and it was a decent entry point, but reality is it just can't provide the variety or PC grade experience to sustain.
I think it's more the fact that they promised something they did not deliver.

DynamiteCop

Banned
2 Jul 2022
I think it's more the fact that they promised something they did not deliver.
It's licensing costs, platform fees, porting and content censorship. The lions share of VR developers don't have the time, money or the want to neuter their content for a console user base.

The same thing will repeat itself with PSVR2, it's nothing wrong with the platform ideologically it's just a terrible target for these developers so they stick to PC where they need to deal with none of that.

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
It's licensing costs, platform fees, porting and content censorship. The lions share of VR developers don't have the time, money or the want to neuter their content for a console user base.

The same thing will repeat itself with PSVR2, it's nothing wrong with the platform ideologically it's just a terrible target for these developers so they stick to PC where they need to deal with none of that.
This will age like fine milk.

Status
Not open for further replies.