Apple Vision Pro comes out in 2024, and will start at $3499

riesgoyfortuna

Veteran
4 Jul 2022
Name a single phone on Android that competes or is the class leader in all major categoriesthen…
Dumbass normal People dont need a class leader Phone, clown thats the whole fucking Point, and to be honest,its funny how mr nobodys like you act like they Need the latest and expansive iPhones to wank with goat videos on his mums basement

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Deleted member 417

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
what are the other measures, and how does the iphone camera excel at them?

I don't give a shit about the iphone camera. But to answer your question:

There's more, but that should give you an idea.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Clown goggles.

Looking forward to this gargantuan flop.

Reactions: Satoru
D

Deleted member 417

I don't give a shit about the iphone camera. But to answer your question:

There's more, but that should give you an idea.

To play devil's advocate with a tongue-in-cheek post:

Fact: selling consoles isn't as important as you think.

Fwiw, I don't doubt MPs aren't as important. I agree with @riesgoyfortuna, no one needs 200, 40 or even 15 MP on a camera. Phones shouldn't even have cameras.

• thinking_hard
Reactions: ghostz

riesgoyfortuna

Veteran
4 Jul 2022
To play devil's advocate with a tongue-in-cheek post:

Fact: selling consoles isn't as important as you think.

Fwiw, I don't doubt MPs aren't as important. I agree with @riesgoyfortuna, no one needs 200, 40 or even 15 MP on a camera. Phones shouldn't even have cameras.
Im not that radical,a normal person can have xiaomi12t that will fulllfill all their needs

Hezekiah

Veteran
23 Jul 2022
The S23 Ultra has a better display than the iPhone (this has been the case for years). Both are excellent, though I often use Tom's Hardware for reviews:
Both displays are amazing, but we give a slight edge to the Samsung for giving you slightly more real estate and better color saturation.
Mr Whosetheboss probably the biggest tech Youtuber rated the S23 camera 7.5 Vs 4.5 for the iPhone 14 in a head-to-head. Samsung has caught up and overtaken Apple in many areas over the past few years. I much prefer his reviews due to how in-depth they are, whereas Apple sychophants like the Verge will dock Android phones for things in their reviews and not do the same for iPhones.

And of course S23 has the superior OS and vastly more options when it comes to customisation. Also no split screen/windowed mode on the iPhone. S23 has S-Pen support for writing, cropping, live translation etc. Not to mention Samsung Dex for desktop support.

Also doesn't the S23 charge in like half the time of the iPhone lol.

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Thats like sayin 720p is better than 4K

No, it really isn't. My S22 has 50 megapixels on the main camera, whereas my Nikon D3300 has 24. If I take a photo using both, I can guarantee you that the later will have better image quality, colour accuracy, luminosity, etc. Megapixels matter less and less nowadays, especially when talking about small phone sensors. A DSLR with fewer megapixels will have a sensor thats 4 or 5 times bigger than the best phone out there. Even software plays a bigger part nowadays

Another example: the P30 Pro has a 40 megapixel main sensor. The S22 has a 50 megapixel main sensor. The former is superior to the later all things considered.

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
And of course S23 has the superior OS and vastly more options when it comes to customisation. Also no split screen/windowed mode on the iPhone. S23 has S-Pen support for writing, cropping, live translation etc. Not to mention Samsung Dex for desktop support.

No lies detected. I have the S22 and it's simply brilliant. Ever since getting the S10 I've got samsung devices and have not needed to go back. I'm still undecided whether I upgrade next year or not, I honestly may just keep it a couple more years.

Reactions: Hezekiah

Airbus

Veteran
30 Jun 2022
No, it really isn't. My S22 has 50 megapixels on the main camera, whereas my Nikon D3300 has 24. If I take a photo using both, I can guarantee you that the later will have better image quality, colour accuracy, luminosity, etc. Megapixels matter less and less nowadays, especially when talking about small phone sensors. A DSLR with fewer megapixels will have a sensor thats 4 or 5 times bigger than the best phone out there. Even software plays a bigger part nowadays

Another example: the P30 Pro has a 40 megapixel main sensor. The S22 has a 50 megapixel main sensor. The former is superior to the later all things considered.
But 48 mp vs 200 mp the gap discrepancy is just too much nothing can compensate that

You can check the head to head camera quality itself

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
Tempting, let’s see it’s journey towards release.

Sony totally squandering their hardware without even a nice Theatre app ffs. The black void at 1080p is a joke level move.

ghostz

Banned
12 Apr 2023
Dumbass normal People dont need a class leader Phone, clown thats the whole fucking Point, and to be honest,its funny how mr nobodys like you act like they Need the latest and expansive iPhones to wank with goat videos on his mums basement
So the argument went like this.

hater: iPhone sucks and android is better.
Me: iPhone is one of the best and or class leading in every major area. Name an android phone better
Hater: who said you need a phone to be better? That’s the whole point clown

🤣

ghostz

Banned
12 Apr 2023
The S23 Ultra has a better display than the iPhone (this has been the case for years). Both are excellent, though I often use Tom's Hardware for reviews:

Mr Whosetheboss probably the biggest tech Youtuber rated the S23 camera 7.5 Vs 4.5 for the iPhone 14 in a head-to-head. Samsung has caught up and overtaken Apple in many areas over the past few years. I much prefer his reviews due to how in-depth they are, whereas Apple sychophants like the Verge will dock Android phones for things in their reviews and not do the same for iPhones.

Also doesn't the S23 charge in like half the time of the iPhone lol.

Yeah, I’m not going to trust some YouTuber over professionals. Lol.

But over the years, its reputation has created a narrative that Samsung MX — the division in charge of the Galaxy smartphones — must keep only the very best screens for itself. This, of course, is untrue, as it sells its leading screen tech to Apple for its iPhones (and in much higher volume).

In total, while the HDR experience on the Galaxy S23 Ultra is not as refined as last year's, it's still among the best, but it can quickly fall behind the competition if it continues to slip up on its calibration and processing. At the moment, the iPhone is still the king for video HDR by a notable margin

Things get a bit more interesting when considering the iPhone 14 Pro spectrum. It houses a screen that has Samsung Display's newest generation of OLED, with peak brightness values up to 30% greater than the Galaxy S22 Ultra and S23 Ultra

On the contrary, one detail I glossed over is that the S23 Ultra still incurs additional power draw (~200 milliwatts) in low-light scenarios. In such conditions, the OLED keeps the drive transistors operating at 120 Hz to prevent the flickering of near-black colors. Almost all high-refresh smartphone OLEDs still employ this kind of safety net, with the exception of the iPhone, which somehow avoids such flickering.
All in all, I appreciate the general direction Samsung has taken with the Galaxy S23 Ultra. It's evident that effort has partly been redirected from spec brags to improving the device reliability, which always deserves a call. But it's definitely not the best display on any phone. In terms of pure optical performance, I do feel that the iPhone 14 Pro OLED still edges it out

ghostz

Banned
12 Apr 2023
But 48 mp vs 200 mp the gap discrepancy is just too much nothing can compensate that

You can check the head to head camera quality itself
You sound uninformed. Professionals rank the iPhone 14 Pro Max with a better camera, better front camera, better display, better battery, and better audio than the Galaxy S23 ultra across the board.

All larger megapixels do is allow for more RAW data. iPhones software processing on images is superior. Contrast, saturation, color accuracy, etc. Better video by a large margin. Better auto focus. Better low light. Better images in direct sun.

ghostz

Banned
12 Apr 2023
Let’s not forget Samsung made a 100+ page booklet on “how to copy the iPhone”.

🤣

and they (and google) continue to do this. As soon as iPhone went home buttonless, where do you think android got its UI from?

android-13-ios-16-vs-hero.jpg

Where do you think they got the bottom bar from to swipe up at the bottom of the screen to go home?