DF Direct Special: Did The Last Of Us Part 1 Really Need A Remake?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DynamiteCop

Banned
2 Jul 2022
lol why the fuck are you giving in to that bullshit?

He said Sony took 9 years to bring it to PC. They didn't. Not in ANY terms. Time advanced technology, and when they had the idea to make the game for PS5... they ALSO had the idea to make it for PC. He's not saying it took them 9 years to make the game for PS5 is he? No.. he isn't. He's trying to minimize the actual relevance of the PS5 and PC versions of a game being developed at the same time.

So nobody gives a shit what else he's referring to. There's no other understanding needed. He's wrong, full stop.

Let's not get in the habit of compromising with people who can't accept obvious truths.
For real.

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022

He said Sony took 9 years to bring it to PC. They didn't. Not in ANY terms. Time advanced technology, and when they had the idea to make the game for PS5... they ALSO had the idea to make it for PC. He's not saying it took them 9 years to make the game for PS5 is he? No.. he isn't. He's trying to minimize the actual relevance of the PS5 and PC versions of a game being developed at the same time.

So nobody gives a shit what else he's referring to. There's no other understanding needed. He's wrong, full stop.

Let's not get in the habit of compromising with people who can't accept obvious truths.
Took 9 years for the ip to come to another platform. Indeed, it’s still the same game from ps3 even if enhanced visually and refined. It really depends on how you want to look at it.

Generally people don’t look at Shadow Of Colossus or Demons Soul as brand new games either.

The pricing debates are proof of how people feel about it. Shouldn’t be $70 for a gfx enhancement etc.

Remij

Banned
10 Jul 2022
Took 9 years for the ip to come to another platform. Indeed, it’s still the same game from ps3 even if enhanced visually and refined. It really depends on how you want to look at it.

Generally people don’t look at Shadow Of Colossus or Demons Soul as brand new games either.

The pricing debates are proof of how people feel about it. Shouldn’t be $70 for a gfx enhancement etc.
No... it didn't take 9 years... because it was never planned to come to PC since the PS3 days.....

• brain
Reactions: Deleted member 51

DonFerrari

Banned
14 Jul 2022
Their point is the time between when Sony decided to do a PC version and the time it releases will be extremely short, shorter than any other PS game before it. Saying “lol it took 9 years!” is disingenuous and irrelevant because Sony wasn’t planning the PC version 9 years ago.

It represents a step forward in the timing of Sony porting games to PC and that bothers some PS fans for some ungodly reason.

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
$70 has been an issue all gen thus far. Having Part 1 release at this price compounded the issue. People say it should have instead been released at $50, which would be $40 last gen, which is probably too little for the level of remake this is.

It seems that whether one has an issue with the price tag is predicated on whether they find the new $70 base price tolerable or not. I don't like it, but I'll spend it for Sony first party more often than not.
Games are selling like hotcakes at $70. This one will also sell like hotcakes. So will God of War Ragnarok.
This is all fake outrage. 🤷‍♂️

OP
OP
ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz

My comment continue right you guys are fighting against facts.

TLOU is releasing on PC in the future because it is already a more than 2 years old game… to be exactly a 9+ years old game.

OP
OP
ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Their point is the time between when Sony decided to do a PC version and the time it releases will be extremely short, shorter than any other PS game before it. Saying “lol it took 9 years!” is disingenuous and irrelevant because Sony wasn’t planning the PC version 9 years ago.

It represents a step forward in the timing of Sony porting games to PC and that bothers some PS fans for some ungodly reason.
That is bullshit thinking and against the Sony’s own PC strategy.

No games from Sony was released on PC with less than 2 years after release because that is the business strategy Sony planned for their PC releases.

If the narrative you guys are trying to created existed games released in the last 2 years should already have been released on PC or GoW R should get a PC released next year.

But no… Sony only ported old games like TLOU… a 9+ years old game.

If TLOU was a game from 2022 then it should only release in PC perhaps in 2024 or late but it is a 2013 game releasing for the first time on PC in 2023.

You guys keep fighting against logic and facts.

If you can’t show one single game that releases in less than 2 years after original release then you guys have no point and just need to stop to making fool of yourselves.

And to point out the fastest PC release to date will be Miles Morales in November/December that matches the 2 years old releases in PC.

You guys can’t accept for whatever reason but accepting or not won’t change that what ai said is a true reality.

D

Deleted member 13

If that was what he meant, he is wrong. I'm going to take the high ground and assume miscommunication because he sometimes is hard to understand.

In any case, I made the point that most people consider the timeframe when the studio actually had the idea to make the port.

As far as giving in to someone just because he's a member. Nope, I was ready to let him go. But I do genuinely like @ethomaz because I think his heart is in the right place.

OP
OP
ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
If that was what he meant, he is wrong. I'm going to take the high ground and assume miscommunication because he sometimes is hard to understand.

In any case, I made the point that most people consider the timeframe when the studio actually had the idea to make the port.

As far as giving in to someone just because he's a member. Nope, I was ready to let him go. But I do genuinely like @ethomaz because I think his heart is in the right place.
There is no miscommunication at all.
That is the post that generated all the cries.

100%

But I don’t think PC releases is bad… I’m in the middle… let’s see how Sony manage future releases… creating a PlayStation ecosystem on PC with like 2 years old release makes sense imo.

Just remember the fastest PC port today will be Miles Morales and it is over 2 years for the look of it.
It was clear to everybody that "fastest PC port" was about the time between original release and PC port release... I says exactly that in the post the "2 years old releases makes sense".
But one guy said TLOU was the fastest PC port.

I replied and killed any argument.
2013 to 2022 is like 9 years…

The fastest is Miles Morales that is set to release late this year with 2 years after PS5.

At least that is the plan…
But he keep crying and after another 2 entered in the discussion without even knows the context.
That was what happened.

D

Deleted member 13

There is no miscommunication at all.
That is the post that generated all the cries.

It was clear to everybody.
But one guy said TLOU was the fastest PC port.

I replied and killed any argument.

But he keep crying and after another 2 entered in the discussion without even knows the context.
That was what happened.
I get your point but you must understand other people's point. We are considering the timeline for an actual release to be from moment of announcement and NOT because it's a 9yr old game.

• brain

DynamiteCop

Banned
2 Jul 2022
My comment continue right you guys are fighting against facts.

TLOU is releasing on PC in the future because it is already a more than 2 years old game… to be exactly a 9+ years old game.
Nah, hell no. The age of the base game which this is not bears no relevance to this remake. The remake of this game released a few days ago, and the port to PC will as previously stated be the fastest console to PC release thus far.

This is not a port of The Last of Us, this is a port of its remake. Stop embarrassing yourself, it's pathetic.

OP
OP
ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
I get your point but you must understand other people's point. We are considering the timeline for an actual release to be from moment of announcement and NOT because it's a 9yr old game.
But that is not Sony's business plan at all.
Sony is releasing older games on PC and TLOU is a 9 years old game.

The most recent (maybe I need to use that word) release Sony is porting to PC is Miles Morales that will hit the 2 years old time frame (remember when we discussed that Sony didn't want to release a Spider-man collection with Miles Morales on PC like the Uncharted collection... it look really dumb... the reason was that Miles Morales could not be released on PC at the time of Spider-man release due the Sony's PC strategy).

It is an undeniable fact.

PS. Funny thing is that my original post was defensing the PC releases (that goes against their narrative that I was trashing PC releases) and two PC guys got mad :ROFLMAO: (the 3rd one just like to go against all my posts).

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 51

@ethomaz , let me ask you something. Was this remake available 9 years ago on ps3/4/5? If not, this will be the fastest release to PC, no matter how much you want to flex your warrior fingers.

PS. Funny thing is that my original post was defensing the PC releases (that goes against their narrative that I was trashing PC releases) and two PC guys got mad :ROFLMAO: (the 3rd one just like to go against all my posts).
How do you call that defending PC releases, when you are touting this "9 years later" or "only after 2 years?". It seems like you are using that as warrior points for your console. You know what you are doing, and you are completely wrong.

• haha
Reactions: ethomaz
OP
OP
ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
@ethomaz , let me ask you something. Was this remake available 9 years ago on ps3/4/5? If not, this will be the fastest release to PC, no matter how much you want to flex your warrior fingers.

How do you call that defending PC releases, when you are touting this "9 years later" or "only after 2 years?". It seems like you are using that as warrior points for your console. You know what you are doing, and you are completely wrong.
It is the Sony PC strategy whatever you like or not.

And yes TLOU is only releasing on PC in the next 6 (?) months because it is a 9+ years old game (or over 2 years old game that is the same for me).
If it was a new game released in 2022 you should have the release around 2024... just look at Ragnarok for example... a new game that won't get a PC release for while.

Or the Miles Morales not being in the Spider-man Collection like Uncharted Collection... seems dumb but Miles Morales needs to reach 2 years old to be released on PC.

Until Sony changes that strategy that is what it is.
I can't go against facts just because you don't like it.

PS. You probably don't read the post I replied to make the second comment totally out of context.

DynamiteCop

Banned
2 Jul 2022
The Last of Us is a 9-year-old game, The Last of Us Part 1 is a four-day-old game. There's no argument here, there's no discussion, there's nothing to debate.

• they're_right_you_know
D

Deleted member 140

Hey my IconEra friends! I took my 9 year old car, changed the tires, painted it differently and cleaned the interior. Now of course, I received new paperwork, showing that the car is actually new and from this year!

geek-cat-studious.gif

DynamiteCop

Banned
2 Jul 2022
Hey my IconEra friends! I took my 9 year old car, changed the tires, painted it differently and cleaned the interior. Now of course, I received new paperwork, showing that the car is actually new and from this year!

geek-cat-studious.gif
You guys are becoming a real logical disaster.

This wouldn't be akin to refurbishing your personal vehicle. This would be akin to the manufacturer revisiting your vehicle platform, modernizing it both in and out and then re-releasing it for sale under the current model year.

Get a grip.

Status
Not open for further replies.