Do you think SIE leadership are imcompetent?

SIE competence

• Total voters

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Xbox and Phil Spencer have lived out of emulating early PS4 Shu for more than an entire gen at this point.

The hardcore Xbox fanbase is a lot more engaged and louder than the PlayStation fanbase that is just left in the dark and taken for granted.

If the situation was reversed and Sony was the one showing up with a terrible product like the Series S they would've been merciless eaten alive by the the gaming media and social media.
Well they have been trying to but failing.

• brain
Reactions: Nhomnhom

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Didn't you hear? When Playstation is silent they are even more deadly... Better watch out... They might just stealth drop Factions 2 tonight.
Go back to about this time last year and you would see people were not predicting Spider-man 2 would be the only Sony game with a release date of 2023. It was all about how Sony was hiding their hand, now after the awful Showcase we know they had no hand to play.

That is the problem with people in this forum, they adapt their expectation and discourse to suit whatever Sony ends up doing, not unlike what green rats do regarding Xbox.

The 2023 output of Sony games as well as the lack of announcement of exciting games for the future is not what we were used to at all and is a strong indication that things are getting worse. Pretty bad handling of PSVR2 as well, pretty much left to die with no excitement around it post launch, reminiscent of the Vita.

After Spider-man 2 releases only a single non GaaS internally developed game will have been announced, undated Wolverine, by the same studio that will have just release Spider-man 2. Where is everybody else?

Last edited:
Reactions: Puff

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
The same for yourself... you are in a bubble and can't see the reality outside 🤷‍♂️
I'm trying to understand how you reached that vision of PlauStation engagement because every metric you look shows the opposite.
I speak for myself, you don't see me in here trying to speak for the 100+ million playstation base.

Maybe you should reread my post if you're still trying understand eventually it might click.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
I speak for myself, you don't see me in here trying to speak for the 100+ million playstation base.

Maybe you should reread my post if you're still trying understand eventually it might click.
I understand your post and it makes still more weird how you get that impression because it is the opposite of what happens with PlayStation right now 🤷‍♂️
Like I said you can check any type of metric... all of them will show the same... that PlayStation is doing a pretty good job with engagement.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Go back to about this time last year and you would see people were not predicting Spider-man 2 would be the only Sony game with a release date of 2023. It was all about how Sony was hiding their hand, now after the awful Showcase we know they had no hand to play.

That is the problem with people in this forum, they adapt their expectation and discourse to suit whatever Sony ends up doing, not unlike what green rats do regarding Xbox.

The 2023 output of Sony games as well as the lack of announcement of exciting games for the future is not what we were used to at all and is a strong indication that things are getting worse.
I thought they were holding back as well I won't lie. I'm not even that disappointed there's a slight drought as it had to eventually happen. They came into this generation swinging. I really thought I'd be playing Factions 2 this year though, that was the one game I truly wanted lol.

But 2024 and especially 2025 should be great years for Playstation... Assuming there isn't a quality dip under Hermen

Reactions: Nhomnhom

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
I understand your post and it makes still more weird how you get that impression because it is the opposite of what happens with PlayStation right now 🤷‍♂️
Like I said you can check any type of metric... all of them will show the same... that PlayStation is doing a pretty good job with engagement.
Well I think they are horrible with communication. Their social media presence is wack, they don't even know how to play the social media game. Communication is in the pits

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
I thought they were holding back as well I won't lie. I'm not even that disappointed there's a slight drought as it had to eventually happen. They came into this generation swinging. I really thought I'd be playing Factions 2 this year though, that was the one game I truly wanted lol.

But 2024 and especially 2025 should be great years for Playstation... Assuming there isn't a quality dip under Hermen
Factions not releasing or even been showed is a big blow for me, pretty much the only GaaS game I cared about and it's delay makes it more likely that the next ND game will take even longer than expected.

It does not seem like Hermen is doing a good job since, being unable to announce game is a strong indication of development struggles by the simple fact that games usually take long to release even after announced (including Sony games).

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz

The 2023 output of Sony games as well as the lack of announcement of exciting games for the future is not what we were used to at all and is a strong indication that things are getting worse. Pretty bad handling of PSVR2 as well, pretty much left to die with no excitement around it post launch, reminiscent of the Vita.

After Spider-man 2 releases only a single non GaaS internally developed game will have been announced, undated Wolverine, by the same studio that will have just release Spider-man 2.
Sony only launches a single first-party at end of the year... this year is the time of Spider-man 2.
Outside that most PS exclusives were already launched.

Forsaken (yeap it bombed but it was a exclusive)
Several PSVR2 games
Final Fantasy XVI

There are others games that was suppose to release in 2023 and probably will miss it.

Stellar Blade
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth

Ofcouse there are some Sony studios that are lakcing like Naughty Dogs.
That is a real issue... not Sony communication at all.

Banana

10 Jan 2023

After Spider-man 2 releases only a single non GaaS internally developed game will have been announced, undated Wolverine, by the same studio that will have just release Spider-man 2. Where is everybody else?
Everyone but the craziest of fanboys knew sony wasn't going to do much with psvr2 because that is what happened with the first 1.

They likely only released to to recoup R&D costs incurred during its likely pre-covid development.

Reactions: Vertigo

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Everyone but the craziest of fanboys knew sony wasn't going to do much with psvr2 because that is what happened with the first 1.

They likely only released to to recoup R&D costs incurred during its likely pre-covid development.
Sad, they support Steam with all their games and can't even get a port of HL-Alyx, truly pathetic leadership.

They can bother with porting entire games to PC that were not made to even run outside of PlayStation but can't work on patches to adapt PS5 games to VR like hobbyist PC modders are able to do.

Banana

10 Jan 2023
Sad, they support Steam with all their games and can't even get a port of HL-Alyx, truly pathetic leadership.
It might come if Valve is still making their new VR headset.

Similar to what they didnwith Portal. Show it off on other avaliable hardware so you can see the improvements.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
It might come if Valve is still making their new VR headset.

Similar to what they didnwith Portal. Show it off on other avaliable hardware so you can see the improvements.
Portal got a Switch port and no PS4 or PS5 ports. Sony doesn't leverage the fact that they are porting all their games to Steam to help PlayStation at all while Nintendo, that doesn't port a single game to Steam get's Valve games.

PlayStation will be running out of goodwill from it's fans soon enough if things continue in this direction, I'm just ahead of the curve.

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
Imagine being this disgruntled because of a lack of engagement with the community.

Now imagine these same people being Nintendo fans. Microsoft is the only company that is constantly egging their fanbase on because they don’t really have any other choice.

Reactions: KickNamesTakeAss

Banana

10 Jan 2023
Portal got a Switch port and no PS4 or PS5 ports. Sony doesn't leverage the fact that they are porting all their games to Steam to help PlayStation at all while Nintendo, that doesn't port a single game to Steam get's Valve games.

PlayStation will be running out of goodwill from it's fans soon enough if things continue in this direction, I'm just ahead of the curve.
Switch got a port because of the steam deck. Sony doesn't have a portable.

Sony needs valve for PC. Valve doesn't need sony for playstation.

Bryank has been saying that for years. In the end, you still like sony and will buy their products. You don't need to take platforms so seriously that it controls your life man.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Switch got a port because of the steam deck. Sony doesn't have a portable.

Sony needs valve for PC. Valve doesn't need sony for playstation.

Bryank has been saying that for years. In the end, you still like sony and will buy their products. You don't need to take platforms so seriously that it controls your life man.
Or I can just dislike all these changes. You should not let shilling for PC control your life mate.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022

It does not seem like Hermen is doing a good job since, being unable to announce game
Sony only launches a single first-party at end of the year... this year is the time of Spider-man 2.
Outside that most PS exclusives were already launched.

Forsaken (yeap it bombed but it was a exclusive)
Several PSVR2 games
Final Fantasy XVI

There are others games that was suppose to release in 2023 and probably will miss it.

Stellar Blade
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth

Ofcouse there are some Sony studios that are lakcing like Naughty Dogs.
That is a real issue... not Sony communication at all.
Well I think they are horrible with communication. Their social media presence is wack, they don't even know how to play the social media game. Communication is in the pits

As I said a few pages ago, they have the following games, as far as I remember (maybe I'm missing some of them).

Upcoming live service games they announced/mentioned:
  • Firewall Ultra (August 24, 2023)
  • Helldivers 2 (2023)
  • Concord (2024)
  • Fairgame$ (TBA, I bet 2024/2025)
  • Marathon (TBA, I bet late 2024 or early 2025)
  • The Last of Us Online (TBA, I bet 2025)
  • Horizon Online (TBA, I bet 2025)
  • Sony London hero shooter new IP, (TBA, I bet early 2026)
  • Other Bungie new IP (TBA, I bet late 2025 or early 2026)
  • Deviation's new IP (TBA, maybe cancelled or rebooted I'd say 2026)
Upcoming non-GaaS games they announced/mentioned:
  • Stellar Blade (2023)
  • Marvel's Spider-Man 2 (2023)
  • Rise of the Ronin (2024)
  • Wolverine (TBA, maybe 2024?)
  • Death Stranding 2 (TBA, maybe 2024/2025?)
  • Cory's new IP (TBA, maybe 2024/2025?)
  • Team Asobi's next game, a bigger 3D action platformer (TBA, maybe 2024/2025?)
  • Next GoW, set in a new mythology (TBA)
  • At least one SP ND game under development (TBA)
  • Horizon 3 (TBA)
  • Project Boundary (China Hero Project)
  • Lost Soul Aside (China Hero Project)
  • Convallaria (China Hero Project)
  • RAN: Lost Islands (China Hero Project)
  • Exiledge (China Hero Project)
  • AI-Limit (China Hero Project)
  • Daba: Land of Water (China Hero Project)
  • Dark Star (China Hero Project)
  • The Wind Rising (China Hero Project)
  • The God Slayer (China Hero Project)
  • Awaken: Astral Blade (China Hero Project)
  • Will-less (China Hero Project)
  • Evotiction (China Hero Project)
Known upcoming games that we don't know if they are GaaS or not:
  • In addition to TLOU Online and a SP game they have at least another big game under development, which isn't known if it's SP or MP
  • Housemarque next game
  • Media Molecule's next game
  • Bend new IP featuring MP
  • Insomniac unannounced game featuring MP
  • Ballistic Moon (former Until Daw/Supermassive devs) new IP
  • Sucker Punch unannounced game featuring MP
  • Firesprite unannounced game featuring MP
These are only the Sony published games, doesn't include a huge list of upcoming both AAA and indie 3rd party exclusives of all kinds. As could be to name one FFVII Rebirth.

And well, remember that in the last year or so they also released PSVR2 and the PS Plus revamp, plus also made multiple acquisitions and announced or released multiple accesories and also announced and released a big amount of 3rd party exclusives.

And remember, with PS5 they had social media history records for any console maker in Twitter, Instagram and YouTube.

Imagine being this disgruntled because of a lack of engagement with the community.
PS5 has gaming history record engagement in both the console and their social media accounts.

Flatearthers that deny reality saying that Sony has no games, that Sony is bad with communication and that Jimbo and Hermen are incompetent aren't representative of the PS userbase engagement at all. The factual and objective metrics say the opposite.

Last edited:

Swolf712

Veteran
29 Jun 2022
Wisconsin, USA
I don't believe that's a fair point about aggressiveness for house. During the house/boise/gio corsea/shu/tretron and/or layden time overlaps (shiiit I think I botched everyone's name accept house, even b4 autocorrect just killed some of them), we saw business dealings with Disney to long lost lucasarts games, or co-developing/financing/doing port jobs for Capcom fighters.

Today's Sony feels infinitely less quick to react, and focused in the wrong areas, compared with House era overall. And I say that whilst being the guy who usually bemoans the relationship loss of say SuperMassive or RAD back then etc.
None of that was a "reaction", though. They were part of a plan. And much of what Jim is doing is continuing off the company strategy laid out when House was there, and Layden and Shu were part of it. They were started when the gen was starting off as a means of trying to bolster the brand and platform, and they were also done because they knew their lineup would be more sparse at first.

Cut to now and we still have them making deals to bolster their lineup when they know it may be sparse for a bit, (the FFXVI and FF7R deals are part of this) and... it's terrible. Third-party exclusives to tide their gamers over until more First-party drops? Bad. Incompetent. Poor planning. They're doing nothing. It's just so funny to watch because the arguments I keep seeing get dropped in here from the Fire Jim crowd are the EXACT same console war arguments I saw from Team Green back in 2015.

Swolf712

Veteran
29 Jun 2022
Wisconsin, USA
I don't mean they need to react to xbox announcements, like how xbox did to the ps showcase which imo, reeks of desperation and "Me too, I exist please look at me".

I just want them to talk more about what they're cooking, just a few interviews and I'm good, like for example, Star Rail's console version is exclusive to Playstation, but they haven't talked about anything for it (mhyo also just gave us a vague release window), can they just mention for example which esrb rating the Wolverine game is aiming for? Which first party studio do they have making a fps?
Just these kinds of small communication on what they have coming up
They already did mention the rating they were aiming for with Wolverine though.