Granblu Fantasy Relink Review Thread & |OT| "A Grand New Adventure In The Skies Await" |UP| 85,000+ player peak on Steam.

What do you think it will score?

• Total voters

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Extreme Quest Difficulty

any of you, unlocked it ? when it is unlocking?
heard, it is only bugged trophy..

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
No problem. I asked because I thought you were currently playing that chapter when you responded.
So I beat the boss.
Thoughts:
-I loved every second of it
-I hate open desert areas in jrpgs, it makes me have intense fomo that there's a chest I missed behind some sand dune somewhere
-brings back my fondest memories of childhood, one of my favorite anime growing up was Laputa castle in the sky.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
So I beat the boss.
Thoughts:
-I hate open desert areas in jrpgs, it makes me have intense fomo that there's a chest I missed behind some sand dune somewhere
-brings back my fondest memories of childhood, one of my favorite anime growing up was Laputa castle in the sky.
Good feedback, thnks.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
It’s a pretty looking game. Not as clean or sharp as Tales of Arise and the resolution hit in performance mode is noticeable but it’s still the better trade off over 30 fps. Performance has been solid in earlier moments of the game.

Older jrpg fans may find a lot to like here. It’s modern and very pick up and play but there’s snes/psone vibes to its art direction and soundtrack.

Not sure I enjoy the combat as much as Tales of Arise but I feel it won’t show me its teeth till endgame.

Taking my time.

Doncortez77

Veteran
8 Jan 2023
So I beat the boss.
Thoughts:
I agree. Thanks for the follow up.
As far as desert areas, I remember you mentioning Genshin before so I take it you didn't care for half of Sumeru's map? which is understandable
This was my favorite boss in the game.
The game's campaign is short, but the endgame offers a variety of quests, individual character missions, and the opportunity to unlock and level up characters.

Last edited:

GachaMadeMeBroke

26 Nov 2023
this is impressive tbh

It is. Considering something like Tales of Arise was 60k peak

The game is doing well on Steam, because the regional, competitive pricing is absolutely in play. And more PC people started to take notice the AAA value of this awesome game. Cygames, well played 🤣🤣🤣.

Yeah lol Good on them for the PC release, was a good move. Curious to see how it does on consoles in Japan next week

Reactions: Gods&Monsters

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
I agree. Thanks for the follow up.
As far as desert areas, I remember you mentioning Genshin before so I take it you didn't care for half of Sumeru's map? which is understandable
This was my favorite boss in the game.
The game's campaign is short, but the endgame offers a variety of quests, individual character missions, and the opportunity to unlock and level up characters.
Genshin's desert area wasn't my favorite but I didn't hate it because genshin has a treasure compass

Reactions: Doncortez77

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023

:ROFLMAO: JRPGs with linear paths, really easy to check your map and know where the extra chests are if you're game literate.
But then surprise! A desert appears and the usual corridors within the genre are nowhere to be seen.
Almost 60k CCU on steam. Game is doing well. Really happy for Cygames

Peak CCU for Asia times was 73,949 which I believe is the biggest CCU count for a JRPG.
A bit of a shame the Steam version seems to have crashes for a subset of players.
Game is at a 68% with 2.5K reviews, many citing the inability to actually play the game because of extreme crash issues both at launch and very often during gameplay.

Game could've probably hit much higher and possibly peaked during the weekend, but it's unlikely now with thousands of players not being able to play and potential buyers staying away due to the rating and the known issues.

• fire
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
:ROFLMAO: JRPGs with linear paths, really easy to check your map and know where the extra chests are if you're game literate.
But then surprise! A desert appears and the usual corridors within the genre are nowhere to be seen.

Peak CCU for Asia times was 73,949 which I believe is the biggest CCU count for a JRPG.
A bit of a shame the Steam version seems to have crashes for a subset of players.
Game is at a 68% with 2.5K reviews, many citing the inability to actually play the game because of extreme crash issues both at launch and very often during gameplay.

Game could've probably hit much higher and possibly peaked during the weekend, but it's unlikely now with thousands of players not being able to play and potential buyers staying away due to the rating and the known issues.
pcmr should've got a ps5, works flawlessly

also, spoiler @Doncortez77

Doncortez77

Veteran
8 Jan 2023
pcmr should've got a ps5, works flawlessly

also, spoiler @Doncortez77

Nice. That's a good comparison of that moment in the game.

When my crew and I saw the boss approaching,
brooklyn-nine-nine-amy-and-rosa.gif

lfg-lets.gif