NDrake: An acclaimed Xbox 1st party title, in GOTY convo for the year it released, will come to a compt pltform in 2024. HiFi Rush, Sea of thieves

Heisenberg007

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
J12SG6m.jpg

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
"Sea of Thieves, right---I'll say I've heard that is one that might be coming to other platforms. When I first started hearing these rumors, I was like, 'Oh this is probably about Sea of Thieves, because I've heard that could come to Switch and PlayStation.' And maybe that might be the kind of thing where like, actually all of this stuff is happening, and Microsoft is kind of trying to rejigger its strategy."

Additional reporting coming via STEPHEN TOTILO:

Microsoft has looked into launching its hit Xbox and PC multiplayer pirate game Sea of Thieves on PlayStation, a source familiar with plans for the port tells Game File. While Microsoft has released some of its first-party published games on rival platforms before, this would be the first time the company ports one of its marquee Xbox/PC games to its most direct competitor, Sony. Microsoft previously released two externally developed games in the Ori series on Nintendo’s Switch some time after their original release on Xbox and PC. And the company regularly releases games in its Minecraft franchise simultaneously across Xbox, PC, PlayStation and Switch.

• haha
Reactions: Nhomnhom

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
at this point i don't doubt they'll port Halo and Gears, specially Halo Infinite due to the live service aspect of it

• haha
Reactions: Nhomnhom

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
at this point i don't doubt they'll port Halo and Gears, specially Halo Infinite due to the live service aspect of it
in every other context the live service aspect biases toward releasing on every possible platform. even deeply degrading the game to run on mobile.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
It makes sense lol. Xbox players aren't buying games; they aren't playing them either.

The game came out in January 2023 and it was already a huge flop so in December 2023 no one was expecting it to chart lol

He's gonna get so much hate for that.

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I don't think there's one game on Xbox i Would be happy if they port because I want to play it. Halo mp is mediocre to me, Gears is OK but stuck in time and very restricted, I'd rather run around in Uncharted mp. Sea of Thieves eww who cares. HiFi no one even really cared. Idk none of this matters to me except tht it'll speed up them going third party.

Last edited:

Sloane_Ranger

Icon Extra
3 Jul 2023
I think the best thing to come from MS going 3rd party will be that devs can then focus on PS5 and PC (eventually).

Not excited for the MS 1st party games at all - I mean I loved HALO and Gears during the 360 era, but those times are long gone.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
I don't think there's one Gane on Xbox ID be happy if they port because I want to play it. Halo mp is mediocre to me, Gears is OK but stuck in time and very restructure, I'd rather run around in Uncharted mp. Sea of Thieves eww who cares. HiFi no one even really cared. Idk none of this matters to me except tht it'll speed up them going third party.
Ori?

Reactions: Gamernyc78