NDrake: An acclaimed Xbox 1st party title, in GOTY convo for the year it released, will come to a compt pltform in 2024. HiFi Rush, Sea of thieves

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
There should be a Gears of War remaster collection that brings the franchise to Playstation for the first time.
I always thought that they should have down some sort of Master Chief Collection but with Gears. The first 3 games remastered in a nice collection with extras.

Switch? How?
It's Jeff Grubb, very likely he's lying and making a guess as usual. Throwing shit to the wall to see if it sticks.

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
Gears is probably what would sell the most on PS.

Forza Horizon and Halo Collection as well.

After those there isn't nothing left, Starfield would bomb.
I think Lost Odyssey would do some pretty big numbers on PS. Sakaguchi intended intentionally to release on PS3 but due to his bad relationship to Ken Kutaragi, he choose Microsoft instead. Lost Odyssey is the type of Japanese games which PS players would buy.

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
I think Lost Odyssey would do some pretty big numbers on PS. Sakaguchi intended intentionally to release on PS3 but due to his bad relationship to Ken Kutaragi, he choose Microsoft instead. Lost Odyssey is the type of Japanese games which PS players would buy.
Would sell close to nothing, too old, too niche.

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
I always thought that they should have down some sort of Master Chief Collection but with Gears. The first 3 games remastered in a nice collection with extras.
Yeah, a quick Gears 5 port to PS5 would be dumb money, but the PS audience can't start with 5.

MCC was a technical disaster and ultimately gave up on important promises for the project. I think a Gears collection would have to promise a lot less and just be a "PC build on high settings" type of release, more like the recent Mass Effect collection.

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
Yeah, a quick Gears 5 port to PS5 would be dumb money, but the PS audience can't start with 5.

MCC was a technical disaster and ultimately gave up on important promises for the project. I think a Gears collection would have to promise a lot less and just be a "PC build on high settings" type of release, more like the recent Mass Effect collection.
I have all Gears games on Xbox but would buy them again on PS5. Just port the first 3 for now and see how they do.

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
I have all Gears games on Xbox but would buy them again on PS5. Just port the first 3 for now and see how they do.
There's a need to get this stuff on PC/Steam also. Most of the franchise is only playable on Xbox consoles in back compat, and for stupid reasons. I don't think MS prefers it this way.

Reactions: Alabtrosmyster

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
I cant say anyone should really be surprsied or feel like they had the rug pulled out from under them but id have to imagine third parties that signed marketing deals or any exclusivity deals have to be disappointed at the moment. It was already a huge gamble to team up with the third place guys but once this news gains some mainstream traction xbox hardware sales are going to fall off a cliff IMO.