PlayStation moving Hard into Cloud gaming

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
Sony is being cheap AF with PS Now. Can't believe they don't have servers in South America or ASEAN still. PS is the global console brand and should act like one.

They can cover lots of ground with less servers in Europe as many of those countries are just a few hundred miles in size, but it's not like they are a mom and pop store and can't afford servers in say Brazil, Mexico and South Korea

Last edited:
Reactions: Zzero

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
Sony is being cheap AF with PS Now. Can't believe they don't have servers in South America or ASEAN still. PS is the global console brand and should act like one.

They can cover lots of ground with less servers in Europe as many of those countries are just a few hundred miles in size, but it's not like they are a mom and pop store and afford servers in say Brazil, Mexico and South Korea
Fifteen years ago Taiwan and Hong Kong got to be PS3 launch markets and now they are missing features entirely. A sad state of affairs, though understandable in HK, given the "personal security" situation there these days.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022

They can cover lots of ground with less servers in Europe as many of those countries are just a few hundred miles in size, but it's not like they are a mom and pop store and afford servers in say Brazil, Mexico and South Korea
I wonder if the South Korea thing is an intentional slight

Swolf712

Veteran
29 Jun 2022
Wisconsin, USA
It's worse than I thought. PlayStation strategy is to completely imitate what Phil Spencer did to Xbox. Jimbo must be a big Phil Spencer fan.

If their cloud solution works than it becomes even easier to not have a PlayStation at all. I'm already changing my stance on buying a PS5 Pro and might ditch the PS5 ecosystem entirely after FFVII Rebirth gets released if they don't announce a lot of new exciting games by then.

For half the price of a PS5 you can buy a GPU that smokes it, what is the actual incentive to restrict yourself to PlayStation ecosystem?
Where the heck are you buying GPUs and can you please link me???

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
I have no interest in game streaming. Not now, not ever.
I remember hearing the same about F2P, GaaS, dlc, digital games, disk games instead of cartridges, mobile games, games with 3d visuals (not pixel art), dual analogs, consoles...

I bet in maximum 10-15 years I think you and most people in this thread saying they don't like stream or that ever will want to use it will be playing mainly via streaming.

historia

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
I remember hearing the same about F2P, GaaS, dlc, digital games, disk games instead of cartridges, mobile games, games with 3d visuals (not pixel art), dual analogs, consoles...

I bet in maximum 10-15 years I think you and most people in this thread saying they don't like stream or that ever will want to use it will be playing mainly via streaming.
I hope not, you will own nothing is scary reality, people keep disregarding it as doominf. First the game is not your to own, then the machine is not your to own.

When we reach the part when your body is not yours to own. Lunatic rich assholes like Gates or Musk are already pushing that idea.

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
So I'm just gonna leave this here and let you guys get back to your ridiculous doomposting.
Beating Xbox at something garbage like cloud gaming isn’t something to be proud of. "Let's see who can waste the most resources on something only .000001% of gamers will use!!!"

OP
OP
Shmunter

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
Beating Xbox at something garbage like cloud gaming isn’t something to be proud of. "Let's see who can waste the most resources on something only .000001% of gamers will use!!!"
Yeah, but it’s entertaining out manoeuvring Phill and the Ambassadors

Reactions: JAHGamer

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
Anhthing that upsets Microsoft Cucks, is a win in my book
And this is why PlayStation and it's fanbase have been on the decline....now they're arguing about who's subscription service is better, who's PC ports are more popular, who has the better cloud infrastructure 🤦‍♂️.....RIP to my former favorite platform 😢

• sad
Reactions: Nhomnhom
OP
OP
Shmunter

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
And this is why PlayStation and it's fanbase have been on the decline....now they're arguing about who's subscription service is better, who's PC ports are more popular, who has the better cloud infrastructure 🤦‍♂️.....RIP to my former favorite platform 😢
I don’t think there’s much to worry about, Sony is firmly a hardware company-the console isn’t going anywhere and will retain its focus status. They were the first of the big gaming companies to dip into cloud - this is merely the evolution of that side hustle.

Reactions: Gamernyc78

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Where the heck are you buying GPUs and can you please link me???
Here in Brazil an RX 7600 cost less than half the price of a PS5. It has close to 22TFs. The RTX 4060 costs about the same.

I'm not saying that PS5 hardware is bad or anything, I think it's still good value but not as good like it was 2/3 years ago when PC parts had their prices inflated. For me personally, since I would have to have a decent PC anyway it's only about the price of the GPU (and even my old GPU actually already plays most games fine).

So I'm just gonna leave this here and let you guys get back to your ridiculous doomposting.

Carry on.

It's not about Xbox. Who cares about Xbox? It has been dead for 10 years as far as I'm concerned. The problems with PlayStation are related to the shift in identity/priorities. MS does damage with their acquisitions but by the time nextgen comes out there is a decent chance Xbox won't even be around.

Being better than Xbox is not an acceptable standard of quality.

Last edited:
  • haha
Reactions: anonpuffs

shrike0fth0rns

Veteran
9 Dec 2022
It's worse than I thought. PlayStation strategy is to completely imitate what Phil Spencer did to Xbox. Jimbo must be a big Phil Spencer fan.

If their cloud solution works than it becomes even easier to not have a PlayStation at all. I'm already changing my stance on buying a PS5 Pro and might ditch the PS5 ecosystem entirely after FFVII Rebirth gets released if they don't announce a lot of new exciting games by then.

For half the price of a PS5 you can buy a GPU that smokes it, what is the actual incentive to restrict yourself to PlayStation ecosystem?
Yeah because it’s not like ps has ever ventured into streaming before 🙄Sony literally was doing streaming and catalog sub service before Xbox. Stop with the nonsense takes that ifnoall actual facts.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Yeah because it’s not like ps has ever ventured into streaming before 🙄Sony literally was doing streaming and catalog sub service before Xbox. Stop with the nonsense takes that ifnoall actual facts.
And they never found any success doing it. In fact the reliance on streaming for PS3 backwards compatibility is by far the worst thing about the PS4 and the worst decision Sony made around that time.

You cloud streaming enthusiast think we all must have the same opinions, I don't like this direction at all and I'm not going to pretend I do because you feel insecure about it.