PSVR2: |OT| The new bar for VR, its time to feel a new real!🔥🔥

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Got time to play some more Half-Life Alyx, my mind is completely blow by how awesome it is. Sony priority number one should be to get this in PSVR2 (and Half-Life Black Mesa and Half-Life 2 using the same control schemes). I can't understand how a deal isn't made for this, pisses me off.

Cleared my room so I could walk around using the quest wireless link. The Quest 2 working wireless while the PSVR2 doesn't seem really stupid, the cable definitely gets on the way. I don't have any fancy router and yet it worked first try, pretty much flawlessly.

I'm ready to go all in on VR going forward.

Arc

5 Sep 2023
I'm ready to go all in on VR going forward.
This is where I’m at. I just feel like I’m waiting for the industry to catch up with me.

The desire is there, but not enough on their part. I feel like if you build it, they will come, at least to a niche, sustainable extent that can be built on over time.

I don’t even mind if a game is made in mind with a regular PS5 version as well. RE4 Remake did that and looks gorgeous on both.

Reactions: Nhomnhom
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022

Rec Room has no plans to come to the PSVR 2 due to "economic reasons"​

News & Announcements
Dev from Rec Room during an AMA today stated:
"No current plans to bring RR to PSVR2. We've looked into it, it's a non-trivial port, and we haven't found a way to make it make economic sense. In an ideal world we would love to bring RR to PSVR2, but we just can't justify the cost based on the numbers. Sucks I know, but that's the truth."

Rec Room, the free to play social VR/flatscreen game, that raised $145mil at a $3.5bil evaluation in 2021 won't bring the game to PSVR2 for economic reasons?
Damn PSVR2 is unfortunately hurting bad.

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.

News & Announcements
"No current plans to bring RR to PSVR2. We've looked into it, it's a non-trivial port, and we haven't found a way to make it make economic sense. In an ideal world we would love to bring RR to PSVR2, but we just can't justify the cost based on the numbers. Sucks I know, but that's the truth."

Rec Room, the free to play social VR/flatscreen game, that raised $145mil at a $3.5bil evaluation in 2021 won't bring the game to PSVR2 for economic reasons?

Not necessarily. Some devs say shit like that fishing for platform-holder financial incentives.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: JAHGamer

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
This is dumb as hell, the first game did well on PSVR1, and PSVR2 is selling better...and they're bringing this game to the Apple Vision Pro, which costs 7x more than a PSVR2 and isn't even aimed towards gamers? I feel like they're lying because it makes no sense from any angle you look at it.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
This is dumb as hell, the first game did well on PSVR1, and PSVR2 is selling better...and they're bringing this game to the Apple Vision Pro, which costs 7x more than a PSVR2 and isn't even aimed towards gamers? I feel like they're lying because it makes no sense from any angle you look at it.
Yeah I was waiting for it to hit psvr2. WTF is specifically is in charge of the VR initiatives at Sony? I don't like the slowness they are dealing with things. I wish it was Shu instead of him being stuck on indie initiatives.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: JAHGamer

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Reactions: Gamernyc78
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I wish they would make a dedicated PSVR2 event for the one year mark next month. After how good the Quest 2 has been I'm very inclined to get a PSVR2 but I burned by the Vita and would like to have more games to look forward too to know they haven't given up.
They definitely need to have a dedicated event with an Astrobot Rescue mission sequel or any Astrobot game shown. Rescue Mission was magical on PSVR.

Last edited:

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
A few posters here are in DEEP denial about the state of PSVR2. Clinging to the first six weeks of sales data from almost a year ago lol.

The Platform is pretty much on life support. A big waste of resources that could have went towards padding out regular AA games for the system.

• thinking_hard
Reactions: ApolloHelios

Impulse

21 Apr 2023
A few posters here are in DEEP denial about the state of PSVR2. Clinging to the first six weeks of sales data from almost a year ago lol.

The Platform is pretty much on life support. A big waste of resources that could have went towards padding out regular AA games for the system.
It's literally Sony's Xbox when you think about it. Well-designed hardware that no one gives a fuck about.

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
It's literally Sony's Xbox when you think about it. Well-designed hardware that no one gives a fuck about.
Lack of software that Interests people has been the downfall for both ironically too. You can't be selling a peripheral that's more expensive than the system without a game they feel they can't miss out on.

Reactions: Impulse
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022

News & Announcements

@John Elden Ring

Reactions: John Elden Ring

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023

each comment you make just shows you can't think for yourself and fall for the FUD. Keep crying and hating, it doesn't change reality that PSVR2 is the best headset on the market with by far the best library. But an Xbox youtuber told you its on life support so you run with it.
another NPC victim of the FUD

Last edited by a moderator: