Requirement to use internal tools blamed for the state of Halo and Fable's delays

OP
OP
Satoru

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
The issue for the Halo games wasn’t the engine as much as the asset and level creation tools. Where most other FOS toolsets would have a level ready to do grey box testing with within a week or so, it took a month or more to get a map to where it could be tested, and the turnaround time for character models and weapons was similarly slow.

*And poor project management.

OP
OP
Satoru

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
In the Bungie days, their project management was top-notch. It was MS management interference and their asset creation pipeline that gave them headaches.

Ah, you're talking about those days? Sorry, I haven't the recollection to comment. But nowadays their problem is very clearly direction, or the biggest one that is.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Because I don't think he is an "Xbox fan." If you engaged with the dude outside of fighting with him, it's pretty obvious he plays on PC and only really cares about PC. He can talk about stuff he doesn't own if he wants to voice an opinion on it. Yeah there is some relation there since MS owns Windows and Xbox, but I've never seen him care about Xbox at all. He likes PCs. It's really, really simple.
Not sure if I’m getting it at all.

A guy that constant defend Xbox/MS, talks about Xbox, and rarely says anything about PC… is a PC guy?

Well I continue being a non-PlayStation fan ;)

Edit - And to reply your other post… I see no issue with that… just be honest and don’t try to be like him constant defending Xbox and after say “I’m not a Xbox guy” lol

Be direct I’m defending PlayStation because I’m a PlayStation fan and care about PlayStation.

Last edited:

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
Ah, you're talking about those days? Sorry, I haven't the recollection to comment. But nowadays their problem is very clearly direction, or the biggest one that is.
343i, being a studio built by MS, was never going to be anything but a disaster.

Bungie's top dogs would push back against MS corporate bullshit, 343 was built to be a lapdog studio, staffed by people chosen for PR optics rather than ability and run by a loyal MS lifer who wouldn't fight for anything to improve the games, but who would just extrude product on the planned intervals. At least until the disaster known as Halo: Infinite.

D

Deleted member 51

Someone tries to jokingly find a middle ground to de-escalate your drama, and your response is insulting them? I've seen more human decency from a rock. Grow up.
Not sure if I’m getting it at all.

A guy that constant defend Xbox/MS, talks about Xbox, and rarely says anything about PC… is a PC guy?

Well I continue being a non-PlayStation fan ;)

Edit - And to reply your other post… I see no issue with that… just be honest and don’t try to be like him constant defending Xbox and after say “I’m not a Xbox guy” lol

Be direct I’m defending PlayStation because I’m a PlayStation fan and care about PlayStation.
@ethomaz never change. Your lack of awareness or ability to solve simple problems, never ceases to amaze me. I've almost seen more intelligence from a dead tree.

I mention Sony or PlayStation than I mention Xbox. That just shows how out of the loop and stuck in warrior mode you really are. Get a grip. Step back into reality. Wake up warrior.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
@ethomaz never change. Your lack of awareness or ability to solve simple problems, never ceases to amaze me. I've almost seen more intelligence from a dead tree.

I mention Sony or PlayStation than I mention Xbox. That just shows how out of the loop and stuck in warrior mode you really are. Get a grip. Step back into reality. Wake up warrior.
I’m but surprise to amaze you because you are basically like me to Xbox side so what I said should be no secret to you.

The only issue I see is why somebody that constant defend Xbox being called Xbox fans is an issue at all? What is exactly wrong in being a Xbox fan?

KiryuRealty

28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.

Do you even want to be a part of this community? All you do is insult others.

D

Deleted member 51

Enough with the backseat mod act, you are in no position to threat posters like that. This is your final warning, keep your narcissism on check.
I’m but surprise to amaze you because you are basically like me to Xbox side so what I said should be no secret to you.
But I'm not. I play on PC. So it's kinda stupid to keep saying I'm Xbox, when multiple people, including myself are literally telling you otherwise. I even proved it to you, yet here you are still being delusional as usual.

I don't know how many times or in different ways I have to keep explaining to you that I have not owned an Xbox in over 10 years, I have no plans for that to change either.

Do you even want to be a part of this community? All you do is insult others.
I been here in the community. You just got here a few days ago.

Screenshot_20221214-111435.png

Actually YOU are on your way out of this community if YOU don't stop insulting people.

Can y'all two drop it already? This is off topic

Last edited by a moderator:

PlacidusaX

Veteran
24 Oct 2022
They come but didn’t changed the situation so people are trying to find new tools.

Some expected that tools updated to bring better performance across PS5 but forget that PS5’s tools are being updated too.

Overall the delta continue the same as launch.
Yeah some are so dumb that they think only Xbox can improve.

Reactions: ethomaz

PlacidusaX

Veteran
24 Oct 2022
Remember when the MS shills at DF said that the tools is what was keeping XBOX back. MS created Windows, Direct X, Office, the only publisher to have an AAAA dev in the Initiative, they have the most powerful hardware with Direct ML, Direct Storage, VRR, VRS, Hardware raytracing, a 12 TF monster eater with no variable clocks and Full RDNA 2 features, yet some basic tools is shoryukenning them all over the room....Mystic stuff tbh...
Let's not forget about dx12 and cloud was going to make the Xbone beat the PS4.

thelastword

Veteran
4 Jul 2022
I just want to say. Unreal Engine is not some panacea. Nor is it necessarily the way the best games are made.

I’m still under the impression that the best game studios and companies are those that also work with their own tools.

Like I get it. UE is popular and that skill set alone is valuable and usable for possible quicker results and perhaps less struggles in development. And it’s a good bet that’s what most new recruits will have experience with.

I’m sorta indifferent.
UE is great for startup devs who have talent and want to impress. No need to build your own engine just go and create. I'll give Epic props for putting on some state of the art technology in there and they keep on pushing the envelope. Yet soem of the best efforts we've seen from UE was when the engine was heavily modified by more seasoned devs. Personally, I love Cryengine, I wish Crytek was in a better place, so naturally I want them to hit Crysis 4 out the park, we need some competition in the dev engine space......I just love how cryengine looks by and large, but UE5 is definitely ahead as far as adoption, we will have some impressive games under UE this gen.
It'll be brushed under the rug by the media.

Remember, Skyrim won Game of the Year despite being in a state that should never have been certified for release on a major platform. Bethesda has always gotten a free pass for building broken shit.
Well, they got a wakeup call with Fallout 76. If starfield is a buggy, laggy framestutter on day 1, this industry better call it....

KiryuRealty

28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
Well, they got a wakeup call with Fallout 76. If starfield is a buggy, laggy framestutter on day 1, this industry better call it....
I honestly think F'76 was a safe target due to being an outside studio making it. I will honestly be shocked if Bethesda gets called out for Starfield being as broken as we expect it to be, especially now that MS owns Bethesda.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
But people who claim to be PCMR while singling out, say, Sony and "Sony guys" for example... yeah, that doesn't sound right. But those definitely are a minority.
They might be a minority but most of them that were here and the other places were all like that. Always going against "Sony fans" and siding with Xbox warriors for like 99% of their posting history.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: KiryuRealty

thelastword

Veteran
4 Jul 2022
They might be a minority but most of them that were here and the other places were all like that. Always going against "Sony fans" and siding with Xbox warriors for like 99% of their posting history.
The copout for most undercover XBOX fans is to pose as PC fans...."I only play PC man", yet they all have an XBOX account and can't stop talking about the virtues of Forza, Halo, Sea of Thieves, State of Decay and Crackdown 3........GOW, Returnal and GT all play the same, Uncharted is a movie they will watch on youtube, more cutscenes than gameplay, but pentiment is the most hardcore gameplay game they've played in centuries, Goty 2022, you can't make this up........You know what I appreciate is people who own their stuff, you are an XBOX fan, just own it, it's the hypocrisy that's distracting tbh....

KiryuRealty

28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
The copout for most undercover XBOX fans is to pose as PC fans...."I only play PC man", yet they all have an XBOX account and can't stop talking about the virtues of Forza, Halo, Sea of Thieves, State of Decay and Crackdown 3........GOW, Returnal and GT all play the same, Uncharted is a movie they will watch on youtube, more cutscenes than gameplay, but pentiment is the most hardcore gameplay game they've played in centuries, Goty 2022, you can't make this up........You know what I appreciate is people who own their stuff, you are an XBOX fan, just own it, it's the hypocrisy that's distracting tbh....
Anyone who claims From games run best on PC are suspicious too, as all the Souls games and derivatives run on an engine built by Sony that is cross-platform, but has issues on Xbox and PC that the Playstation builds either don't, or not to anywhere near the same extent.

thelastword

Veteran
4 Jul 2022
Anyone who claims From games run best on PC are suspicious too, as all the Souls games and derivatives run on an engine built by Sony that is cross-platform, but has issues on Xbox and PC that the Playstation builds either don't, or not to anywhere near the same extent.
Well, we're seeing lots of that this gen, especially with UE. I hope people can at least appreciate where Sony was going with their IO arch. It's the future.

KiryuRealty

28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
Well, we're seeing lots of that this gen, especially with UE. I hope people can at least appreciate where Sony was going with their IO arch. It's the future.
High-bandwidth architectures are the future. That is why Apple's chips are so insanely performant, yet run cool and don't draw much power. Honestly, if it wasn't for the MS/Intel hegemony, we would probably have reached this kind of engineering at least ten years ago.