Sony have dodged a bullet

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
I was very close to giving a 6.
I dont know about Avowed at this point, but Clockwork looks great, and yes I would have liked to see gameplay of Hellblade.
I think Starfield combat wise looked a lot better than its last showing.
I was pretty surprised at the pace of the combat, I remember there being a post that id software was helping them with it, it reminded me of an old id software game called Rage if you remember that game.

There was a video with someone remote controlling a small little buggy that drove to some cannibals and then you could detonate it, not sure why but that's the overall feeling i get from the short clips of combat.

But yer, the video looked slick, i don't want to get my hopes up, we all know what Tom Howard is like.

But my expectations for that game are much much higher, i really hope they can deliver for the fans.

Reactions: Lord Mittens
OP
OP
Muddasar

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
Because they didn't have anything to show.
That's why they had to show three CG trailers for Fairgamedollar, Concord and Marathon.
After almost 2 years (skipping 2022).
At least the Marvel game was nice.
Yep, most of us said the last PS Showcase was terrible.... I gave it a 4.

I gave the xbox showcase a 6 and said if they had shown gameplay for the big games, I'd have bumped it up to 8.

@ghostz and co think we are being unfair on Xbox but it's just that we don't hand 8's 9's and 10's out like candy.... we have standards and integrity here (many of us).

Such is their standards.

How many 8/9 showcases has Sony had?

Sony E3 2015 was a definite 9. What else?

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
I gave it a 3, you goddamn biased fanboy.

Baseball Popcorn GIF by Cincinnati Reds

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
GOWR Ragnarok has sold 11 million already months ago and still in Top 10 best sellers in the UK currently.

It’s the fastest selling Sony IP to hit that mark.

Not sure what else is expected.
The game never needed marketing to sell. The marketing felt weird and subdued compared to the PS4 era is all I'm saying. No need to drag out the sales receipts. It's my fave Sony franchise.

Hezekiah

Veteran
23 Jul 2022

I gave the xbox showcase a 6
and said if they had shown gameplay for the big games, I'd have bumped it up to 8.

@ghostz and co think we are being unfair on Xbox but it's just that we don't hand 8's 9's and 10's out like candy.... we have standards and integrity here (many of us).
Yeah I gave the Playstation showcase a five, the Xbox one a six.

Lots of people were critical of Sony.

But these two are acting like nutjobs and have got it into their heads that there was no criticism of the Playstation one.

The Xbox one was OK, but there was basically no gameplay in Hellblade and Fable (which has no date). Not interested in Forza, which leaves Starfield and Avowed, and only one those looked good....

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
-Sony has delivered dramatically more and better games this gen so far.
-Sony is following the PS4 gen while MS is following the Xbox One gen.
-Sony can rely on exclusives like Final Fantasy XVI, Final Fantasy VII Rebirth, Baldur's Gate 3, Silent Hill 2, Honkai: Star Rail
-Games like Death Stranding 2, Rise of the Ronin and Wolverine will likely release in the next 2 years.
-Spider-man 2 was the biggest game in all these shows.

-Xbox mostly reintroduced a bunch of games already announced years ago and some very minor new games (pretty much all with no gameplay and looking very low budget).
-Xbox needed a major shift in momentum.
-Gamespass content was actually pretty lacking.
-They announced an insulting $349 Series S.
-Starfield looked just like it did last time, no major changes here.

There is no way the spin that this was some sort of major Xbox win is going to last long. Sony fumbled and then Xbox also fumbled two weeks later.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Muddasar

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
Many on this site called the Xbox showcase “complete shit” and claimed Sony’s was “significantly better”. Lol

Xbox showcase was better than Sonys simply because they showed more first party games.

Unfortunately the majority of what they showed was average and nothing Sony will lose sleep over.

Sony has yet to reveal its cards and I am absolutely certain ND, SMS, SP etc will show superior games than Avowed, Fable and Hellblade 2.

ghostz

Banned
12 Apr 2023
-Sony has delivered dramatically more and better games this gen so far.
-Sony is following the PS4 gen while MS is following the Xbox One gen.
-Sony can rely on exclusives like Final Fantasy XVI, Final Fantasy VII Rebirth, Baldur's Gate 3, Honkai: Star Rail
-Spider-man 2 was the biggest game in all these shows.

-Xbox mostly reintroduced a bunch of already announced games with almost no gameplay or some AA looking games (being kind).
-Xbox needed a major shift in momentum
Great, so when Sony shows TLOU3 and Wolverine we can simply ignore them because they were already announced.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Yeah I gave the Playstation showcase a five, the Xbox one a six.

Lots of people were critical of Sony.

But these two are acting like nutjobs and have got it into their heads that there was no criticism of the Playstation one.

The Xbox one was OK, but there was basically no gameplay in Hellblade and Fable (which has no date). Not interested in Forza, which leaves Starfield and Avowed, and only one those looked good....
yep, 100%,

Ghostz,- you guys are delusional, you are scoring the Xbox showcase lower because you're a bunch of Sony fanboys,

Icon- crowd responds- but we scored Sony's show even worse, most people gave it three, fours and fives.

Ghostz,-that does not matter, you are just a bunch of fanboys.

Beg Please GIF by The Grinch

Sleepy Brown

Banned
5 Jul 2022
Sony at most has had 1 or 2 9/10 showcases over the last decade.

Yet you think this Xbox showcase compares.

Such is your standard.
The standard is that Microsoft had two good showcases in the last 2 years.
Meanwhile Sony had zero. They skipped 2022 and still had an awful 2023 showcase.
They simply can't keep up anymore. And when the Activision-Blizzard deal goes through in the near future... it's over.

But I mean.... I can't tell you to not be excited for games like Fairgamedollar or Concord the sci-fi hamburger simulator made by no-name studios like Haven or Firewalk.
Such is your standard.

Microsoft is going after ZeniMax/Bethesda and Activision-Blizzard to improve.
Sony is going after Haven, Firewalk and Billy Bob's garage studio in Dumpwater Florida.

• haha
Reactions: Alabtrosmyster
OP
OP
Muddasar

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
The standard is that Microsoft had two good showcases in the last 2 years.
Meanwhile Sony had zero. They skipped 2022 and still had an awful 2023 showcase.
They simply can't keep up anymore. And when the Activision-Blizzard deal goes through in the near future... it's over.

But I mean.... I can't tell you to not be excited for games like Fairgamedollar or Concord the sci-fi hamburger simulator made by no-name studios like Haven or Firewalk.
Such is your standard.

Microsoft is going after ZeniMax/Bethesda and Activision-Blizzard to improve.
Sony is going after Haven, Firewalk and Billy Bob's garage studio in Dumpwater Florida.

Good by Microsoft and your standards.

If you think this Xbox showcase was a 9/10 then I’m not gonna debate with you.