Sony will release Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart for PC in July 26

KnittedKnight

Gaming Sage
Icon Extra
13 Jul 2022
Can't wait for the PS5 - PS6 transition. It will be glorious couple years in to the PS6. If only I had a time machine to skip to the future!

• haha
Reactions: Nhomnhom

Airbus

Veteran
30 Jun 2022
Only on PlayStation
1994-2020

The Best Place to Play?
Jimboshit too busy porting our games to PC and making gaas game

After lackluster first party game showing last week they rather focus on more PC ports

Stay tune on Playstation game show for PC game news

• sad
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Sony Computer Entertainment (1993–2016)

The soul died in 2016
What happened in 2016?

They had the best E3 I can think of that year. Uncharted 4, God of War, Spider-man, Death Stranding, The Last of Us Part II all came after that. Bangers all of them.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Jimboshit too busy porting our games to PC and making gaas game

After lackluster first party game showing last week they rather focus on more PC ports

Stay tune on Playstation game show for PC game news
We know that at least Guerrilla and ND spent actual developing time on PC ports, same must be true for a lot of other studios.

As if crossgens were not enough, now Sony goes all in on PC/GaaS.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Airbus

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
The same year, SIE LLC was established, with its headquarters in San Mateo, California.

Makes sense, since games take long to make we still ended up getting a few good years of games until it dried out and people like Jimbo and Hermen had enough time to kill the good thing Sony had going on.

Hezekiah

Veteran
23 Jul 2022
If you're a multi-console buyer, there's little to no point in buying consoles.

£550 xbox + £500 PS5 = £1050 for hardware
£70 games at 5 a year = £350 a year
£10 (gamepass) + £10 (PSN)/month = £240 a year

If a gen lasts 5 years you're looking at £1750 in games and £1200 in subs, plus your hardware of £1050 = £4000.

Buy a £2000 PC rig, get games much cheaper, or free if you're sailing the seven seas, mods, better game support from the community, emulation and now console games. Plus it's a PC with all the extra multi-media bits that come with it.
Yeah for some people it might be preferable to just have a PC. Certainly if they mainly play multiplayer/live service games.

Reactions: Deleted member 417

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
If you're a multi-console buyer, there's little to no point in buying consoles.

£550 xbox + £500 PS5 = £1050 for hardware
£70 games at 5 a year = £350 a year
£10 (gamepass) + £10 (PSN)/month = £240 a year

If a gen lasts 5 years you're looking at £1750 in games and £1200 in subs, plus your hardware of £1050 = £4000.

Buy a £2000 PC rig, get games much cheaper, or free if you're sailing the seven seas, mods, better game support from the community, emulation and now console games. Plus it's a PC with all the extra multi-media bits that come with it.
The moment consoles lose their uniqueness and compete directly against PC they get smoked.

PC is at an all time low in terms of optimization and hardware but it will move past it.

PS5 had everything to be one of the most dominant consoles ever but right now I just see it setting the PS6 to fail.

I'll stay as long as there is a healthy market for physical disc just because the Xbox sucks even more than the PS5 and Nintendo consoles are weak.

D

Deleted member 417

Yeah for some people it might be preferable to just have a PC. Certainly if they mainly play multiplayer/live service games.
And single player games. There's a lot going for PC at the moment, more than there has been for a few years.

The moment consoles lose their uniqueness and compete directly against PC they get smoked.

PC is at an all time low in terms of optimization and hardware but it will move past it.

PS5 had everything to be one of the most dominant consoles ever but right now I just see it setting the PS6 to fail.

I'll stay as long as there is a healthy market for physical disc just because the Xbox sucks even more than the PS5 and Nintendo consoles are weak.
Yeah unfortunately we've seen this trajectory before with Sega, Nintendo and Microsoft. Maybe it's too soon to judge but things aren't looking good. Chasing purely money through any means, instead of earning that money doesn't usually end well.

Old Gamer

Veteran
5 Aug 2022
I'm already looking for my next laptop. Gaming on Linux is a feasible thing these days.

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
Ok here I go.

Consoles are a hindrance if you are an enthusiast gamer. Imagine owning a low quality hi Fi to listen to the Beatles, one that plays exclusively led zeppelin and pink Floyd and another that just plays Miles Davis records.

It's just that we are all used to that anachronistic business model since the 80s. Back then it made sense, the industry was young, some standards needed to be set and home computers were ridiculously expensive, hard to use and terrible for gaming.

Not saying consoles should not exist, they absolutely have a place, but PC is a different animal. Have your wars between consoles but down the line port all games to PC. At least that way, game preservation is secured and console manufacturers get some additional revenue. Because sure as hell those games will end up being emulated or even source ported on PC.

Even console gamers end up benefiting. Look at how many games were going to be left in the dust once Sony shut down the PS3 store, or Nintendo with their legacy consoles? That won't happen on PC. Games lost in older consoles like MGS4 could be playable on integrated graphics today if they were ported to PC back in the day. Everyone has a PC at home, I bet office PCs today can play crysis.

At least some consoles tried to do innovative stuff like the 3DS or the Wii. But these propietary PCs? Nothing to bring to the table except a relative ease of use for casual gamers, some exclusive here and there and a misleading lower cost of entry.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Summer Nightmares

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Ok here I go.

Consoles are a hindrance if you are an enthusiast gamer. Imagine owning a low quality hi Fi to listen to the Beatles, one that plays exclusively led zeppelin and pink Floyd and another that just plays Miles Davis records.

It's just that we are all used to that anachronistic business model since the 80s. Back then it made sense, the industry was young, some standards needed to be set and home computers were ridiculously expensive, hard to use and terrible for gaming.

Not saying consoles should not exist, they absolutely have a place, but PC is a different animal. Have your wars between consoles but down the line port all games to PC. At least that way, game preservation is secured and console manufacturers get some additional revenue. Because sure as hell those games will end up being emulated or even source ported on PC.

Even console gamers end up benefiting. Look at how many games were going to be left in the dust once Sony shut down the PS3 store, or Nintendo with their legacy consoles? That won't happen on PC. Games lost in older consoles like MGS4 could be playable on integrated graphics today if they were ported to PC back in the day. Everyone has a PC at home, I bet office PCs today can play crysis.

At least some consoles tried to do innovative stuff like the 3DS or the Wii. But these propietary PCs? Nothing to bring to the table except a relative ease of use for casual gamers, some exclusive here and there and a misleading lower cost of entry.

PC is overpriced junk... you're being ripped off by every company that makes components for an architecture built around multitasking... not gaming.

A PS5 easily blows the average RIG out of the water.. it's a small percentage that have the highest end cards.

Shader compilation, direct x and windows are all other hindrances.

Companies like NVidia are really holding it over foolish people who go all in on PC gaming by charging extortionate prices to add a small bit of memory to the cards.

When you measure in performance per dollar, PC is an absolute joke and the optimization of recent games shows both the model of PC gaming and the hardware are not fit for purpose.... especially when PC gamers need to be begging for ports from console and then when they do come they complain about prices and optimization. Beggars cant be choosers as they say.

If every gamer went all in on one console brand, they could offer a basic version console and a Pro that would outperform any top end PC for 1/3 of the price of buying it piecemeal and building it.

The only reason people play on PC is to use cheats...this is a massive reason and is an actual epidemic level, mess around with mods or do benchmarks and use their PC as some 'street cred' instead of just playing the damned games....

KnittedKnight

Gaming Sage
Icon Extra
13 Jul 2022
I like systemshock better when he plays the double-agent angle better, specially with likes on my posts.

It's perfectly OK however to be a PCMR plant around these parts. Don't blame the playa, blame the game.

You twist the knife when down... it's how it's supposed to be. We should let Remijj back as well.... troll a few idiots here who can't handle seeing a bit of shitstein on the brand. As much as it's idiotic to be PCMR and push for PC with pride (Nvidia, MS - Windows, Valve serfs).... there is only one language the sheep understand.

Last edited:

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
PC is overpriced junk... you're being ripped off by every company that makes components for an architecture built around multitasking... not gaming.

A PS5 easily blows the average RIG out of the water.. it's a small percentage that have the highest end cards.

Shader compilation, direct x and windows are all other hindrances.

Companies like NVidia are really holding it over foolish people who go all in on PC gaming by charging extortionate prices to add a small bit of memory to the cards.

When you measure in performance per dollar, PC is an absolute joke and the optimization of recent games shows both the model of PC gaming and the hardware are not fit for purpose.... especially when PC gamers need to be begging for ports from console and then when they do come they complain about prices and optimization. Beggars cant be choosers as they say.

If every gamer went all in on one console brand, they could offer a basic version console and a Pro that would outperform any top end PC for 1/3 of the price of buying it piecemeal and building it.

The only reason people play on PC is to use cheats...this is a massive reason and is an actual epidemic level, mess around with mods or do benchmarks and use their PC as some 'street cred' instead of just playing the damned games....

If every gamer went on one console That console would be $1k. Careful with what you wish for.
Bleeding edge PC gaming was always expensive and not worth it and yeah, Nvidia are ripping people off. Thankfully you can choose other brands.

Cheats? As in IDDQD/IDKFA? Never heard of that one as a valid reason to game on pc. I think cheating on a frigging MP videogame is pathetic. Cheat engine for SP games is fine though.

Modding and total conversions are awesome.

Last edited:

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
I like systemshock better when he plays the double-agent angle better, specially with likes on my posts.

It's perfectly OK however to be a PCMR plant around these parts. Don't blame the playa, blame the game.

You twist the knife when down... it's how it's supposed to be. We should let Remijj back as well.... troll a few idiots here who can't handle seeing a bit of shitstein on the brand.

Console gaming is down just because ratchet and clank is ported to PC? I think you folks are being overly dramatic.

Console gaming is just here to stay thanks to mass appeal. I just started that in my opinion PC gaming is better for enthusiasts. And I think we are all enthusiasts in this place right? Why wouldn't you want to see games shine to the fullest of their capabilities?