Starfield review embargo date is Thursday August 31st at 9AM PT / 12PM ET / 5PM UK.

riesgoyfortuna

Veteran
4 Jul 2022
A proper Bethesda RPG is far more popular than Final Fantasy.

In general “western” RPGs from CDPR or Bethesda, Diablo and now BG3 are what’s popular with the masses as Final Fantasy keeps underperforming outside of the MMO.

Then again… those games are RPGs. FF16 is not.
It you think starfield is more popular than the ff franchises, you are fucking delusional or just trolling, how many movies? Games, and millions of merchandise starfield or skyrim have? Gtfo with these stupid hot takes

BroodCorp

Veteran
Icon Extra
28 May 2023
A proper Bethesda RPG is far more popular than Final Fantasy.

In general “western” RPGs from CDPR or Bethesda, Diablo and now BG3 are what’s popular with the masses as Final Fantasy keeps underperforming outside of the MMO.

Then again… those games are RPGs. FF16 is not.
Western fantasy aesthetics are popular right now but none of these examples carry the same type of brand relevance as Final Fantasy.

The masses do not give a f*ck about Baldur’s Gate.

Dorukhan842

5 Aug 2023
It you think starfield is more popular than the ff franchises, you are fucking delusional or just trolling, how many movies? Games, and millions of merchandise starfield or skyrim have? Gtfo with these stupid hot takes
Entire Final Fantasy franchise has sold 180 million copies with over a hundred games in total while Skyrim has sold 60 million by itself. Hell, Fallout 4 sold more in a day (12 million) than FFXV did in five and a half years (10 million)!

Last edited:

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022

🤣

In denial… that’s okay. You can believe whatever fiction you want.

Major Bethesda and CDPR releases sell upwards of 30 million. They’re exponentially bigger and each new release bigger than the last since players seem to want more of them. Sorry… FF can’t even touch em right now.

Last edited:

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
🤣

Major Bethesda and CDPR releases sell upwards of 30 million. They’re exponentially bigger and each new release bigger than the last since players seem to want more of them. Sorry… FF can’t even touch em right now.
I found this list on the net

This is a list of best-selling video game franchises

Sold at least 100 million copies​

RankFranchiseSales
(millions)
Ref
1Mario835[1]
Super Mario431
Mario Kart166
Mario Party69
Mario Sports64[2]
Mario RPGs29[3]
2Pokémon480[4]
Pokémon main series324[5]
Pokémon Mystery Dungeon17
3Call of Duty400[6]
4Grand Theft Auto335[7]
5FIFA260 [8]
6Sonic247[9]
Mario & Sonic27
7Wii Series214[10]
Wii Sports126
Wii Fit44.66
Wii Play29.66
8Final Fantasy180[11]
9The Sims175[12]
10Assassin's Creed155[13]
11The Legend of Zelda150[14]
12Need For Speed150[15]
13Resident Evil142[16]
14Tetris140 [17]
15Madden NFL130[18]
16Pro Evolution Soccer114[19]
17NBA 2K112
18Lego100[20]

riesgoyfortuna

Veteran
4 Jul 2022
Repeated name calling, insults
Entire Final Fantasy franchise has sold 180 million copies with over a hundred games in total while Skyrim has sold 60 million by itself. Hell, Fallout 4 sold more in a day (12 million) than FFXV did in five and a half years (10 million)!
I repeat myself, you must be a special kind of delusional idiot if you think fallout 4 or starfield are more popular than the final fantasy franchise
Are u one of those stupid idiots?

riesgoyfortuna

Veteran
4 Jul 2022
🤣

It you think popularity its only been measured on gaming sales you are delusional, again, how many movies have been released of skyrim or starfield?

Dorukhan842

5 Aug 2023
I repeat myself, you must be a special kind of delusional idiot if you think fallout 4 or starfield are more popular than the final fantasy franchise
Are u one of those stupid idiots?
So how do you explain Fallout 4 selling more in a day than Final Fantasy XV selling more in five years if not for popularity? 😂

riesgoyfortuna

Veteran
4 Jul 2022
LOL the guy is completely clueless 😄

FF is nowhere close to popularity these days than Fallout lmao.. Don't bother with that clown.
Oh were are now into the "these days"
The neverending circus

Again the three of you, you realise fucking morons, that popularity its tv series, movies, merchandise, etc? Because and im gonna repeat again, if you think starfield, Fallout of any bgs game have more transmedia or merchandise than the ff saga, you are two things

1 a fucking delusional clown
2 a xbot

In the case of remji, he is a poor butthurt pos who just want to stir shit up

ChorizoPicozo

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
The neverending circus

Again the three of you, you realise fucking morons, that popularity its tv series, movies, merchandise, etc? Because and im gonna repeat again, if you think starfield, Fallout of any bgs game have more transmedia or merchandise than the ff saga, you are two things

2 a xbot

your otaku/weeb bubble ain't the real world.

Remij

Banned
10 Jul 2022
The neverending circus

2 a xbot

Final Fantasy is nowhere NEAR Fallout in popularity... and counting old ass movies that bombed (and almost killed Square) and chocobo plushies isn't changing that you fucking moron.

You release a new Fallout game on the same day as you release a new Final Fantasy game... and Fallout WILL DESTROY IT.

It's that simple. Now run along and cry about me somewhere else.

Reactions: Vertigo

Remij

Banned
10 Jul 2022
Look at the google trends for the past 5 years... Fallout consistently much higher than FF.. until right at the end which is around the release of FF16... and then it dropped off like a rock again after.. I mean look at Fallout 76's interest at the beginning of that chart.... FF is NEVER matching that... FF7R couldn't even come close to it.... A new Fallout game would completely obliterate Final Fantasy.. that's just facts.

Screenshot-2023-08-20-145246.png

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Can people start talking to each other with out the personal insults please?

Reactions: JAHGamer
27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
Many also like to shit on games immediately with their bias and move goal posts but then dont dock others for the same reasons or worse. Days Gone was a great game that did open world better than most games (imo of course) but was docked points for bugs that were fixed months later.
I pre ordered days gone & played it day one it was great I encountered one bug on the final mission that wouldn't let me progress but it got patched the next day even with the bugs it was still a solid 9/10 for me loved it

27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
Id be very surprised to see this review less than 90

Alot of MS’s future depends on how successful this is. They all know it. And we know how they do.
I wonder if it will get judged like other games?

Will it innovative? Or just be Skyrim and Fallout in Space. I mean God of War Ragnarok and Zelda TOTK were called DLC…
Farcry and AC get complaints about just being the same game with different look

Combat?
Walking sim?

We know reviewers hate cinematic games, cutscenes and walking conversations when some studios do it. Im sure it will be fine in Starfield though because Skyrim/Fallout is full of conversations and walking to places to talk to an NPC.…..over and over……followed by average combat… and then talking to NPC………..…….. 10/10
It most definitely won't innovate anything but Phil Spencer loves to use that word (he thinks game pass is innovation when it's just the netflix template applied to games 🤣)

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Kokoloko