The Last Of Us HBO TV Show |OT| Discussion (Spoilers)

OP
OP
Swift_Star

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
And it is being widely called boring and uneventful! That argument only works if it garnered the same level of praise as the Joel-less episode 3, which it managed to do the opposite as being slow and boring. I'll come back to this thread after they bungle david's entire plotline by trying to rush through it in one episode.

I know the mask is falling when places like resetera and reddit which previously would dogpile you if you critisize the show are finally noticing some of the flaws finally. Everything after the Sarah opening in episode 1 has been a b-tier quality CW production with A-list actors attached to it.
2 good episodes (1-2)
2 so-so episodes (4-5)
3 trash episodes (3, 6, 7)

Disappointing overall, considering it started well with a good first impression. That team clearly couldn't consistently carry the whole thing through and phoned a lot of it in. Actors tried and earned their pay.

lol

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
I don't remember that being in episode 6. Well, does joel crying count as ghey?

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
I don’t listen to reviewers for my taste in anything, according to them this show is a 10/10 with no flaws.
For swift_star who keeps posting review sites. You can see the actual tone of what people think by reading reddit and other forums that previously dogpiled any criticisms of the show, they are finally admitting what a badly paced rushed mess this is. Still no viewership update for a couple of episodes now, my prediction is that there has been a decline as the show has gotten progressively worse.

• Surprised
Reactions: Gods&Monsters
OP
OP
Swift_Star

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
For swift_star who keeps posting review sites. You can see the actual tone of what people think by reading reddit and other forums that previously dogpiled any criticisms of the show, they are finally admitting what a badly paced rushed mess this is. Still no viewership update for a couple of episodes now, my prediction is that there has been a decline as the show has gotten progressively worse.
so Reddit counts but IMDb doesn’t? 😂

D

Deleted member 223

Seeing as how viewers are noticing all the flaws of the 2nd half of this season, I can't imagine the reaction to season 2 when Pedro gets hits head beat in. Killing characters works in a show like game of thrones because of the strength of the writing and world building, which this show lacks. This show still feels like Pedro Pascal and friends, It'll be interesting to see if people stick around after he's killed off.
Good observation. It will depend on how much the show runners come to grip with this reality. If Joel stays alive beyond the first 3 episodes of the second season you would know by then the obvious considering how much got butchered and rushed in the first season by comparison. Hard to hide. Sheeple will be sheeple obviously, they don't even notice this kind of stuff. Agenda cheerleaders will likewise do what is required to fake prop - doesn't really matter for them. We got a few unhinged ones here... proudly signaling their moral and ethical worth - oxymoron. Sorta funny considering one of them is a top fake virtue signaler....leaving "pride flag" emoji's under people's posts as derogatory disapproval while virtue signaling in threads like this as a sort of "ally". This type of scum is completely off his rocker and an unfortunate stain on the forum. Not hard to figure out whom. :ROFLMAO: ... the rope is long.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • thinking_hard

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
Good observation. It will depend on how much the show runners come to grip with this reality. If Joel stays alive beyond the first 3 episodes of the second season you would know by then the obvious considering how much got butchered and rushed in the first season by comparison. Hard to hide. Sheeple will be sheeple obviously, they don't even notice this kind of stuff. Agenda cheerleaders will likewise do what is required to fake prop - doesn't really matter for them. We got a few unhinged ones here... proudly signaling their moral and ethical worth - oxymoron. Sorta funny considering one of them is a top fake virtue signaler....leaving "pride flag" emoji's under people's posts as derogatory disapproval while virtue signaling in threads like this as a sort of "ally". This type of scum is completely off his rocker and an unfortunate stain on the forum. Not hard to figure out whom. :ROFLMAO: ... the rope is long.
Yeah it’s odd that people are choosing to be so combative about the show. I loved the games (part 1 and some aspects of part 2), but the show doesn’t hold a candle to the writing, performances, or cinematography of the game. That’s the bare minimum that an adaptation needs to meet and it fails. Sure some of the dialogue and sequences might be shared, but when it is it feels like a cheap copy and not an improvement.

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
Yeah it’s odd that people are choosing to be so combative about the show. I loved the games (part 1 and some aspects of part 2), but the show doesn’t hold a candle to the writing, performances, or cinematography of the game. That’s the bare minimum that an adaptation needs to meet and it fails. Sure some of the dialogue and sequences might be shared, but when it is it feels like a cheap copy and not an improvement.
You’re the one being the biggest asshole about it.

Also, why am I not surprised that NobheadKnight uses the word “sheeple” to make himself feel superior?

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
You’re the one being the biggest asshole about it.

You haven’t been reading this thread if you don’t think idiots here have called the show garbage.

One retard even said it looks like a CW show, for fuck’s sake.
this thread isn't very long, you don't have to go back very far to see my first post and you instantly losing your marbles at any sign of criticism. just face that people have different opinions about the show. To me, the games are some of the best storytelling ever, the show is a student project level copy with A list actors. I also think Chernobyl is overrated as well and that Mazin was a mistake to be showrunner but that's a story for another day.

TubzGaming

Admin | Mod
Moderating
21 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
PSN ID
Tubz_Gaming
chill calm down GIF

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
The last two episodes will have to have impeccable pacing in order to not feel rushed. Which judging by the entire season I doubt.

Episode 1: 81 minutes

Episode 2: 53 minutes

Episode 3: 76 minutes

Episode 4: 46 minutes

Episode 5: 59 minutes

Episode 6: 59 minutes

Episode 7: 56 minutes

Episode 8: 51 minutes

Episode 9: 43 minutes

• Informative
OP
OP
Swift_Star

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
The last two episodes will have to have impeccable pacing in order to not feel rushed. Which judging by the entire season I doubt.

Episode 1: 81 minutes

Episode 2: 53 minutes

Episode 3: 76 minutes

Episode 4: 46 minutes

Episode 5: 59 minutes

Episode 6: 59 minutes

Episode 7: 56 minutes

Episode 8: 51 minutes

Episode 9: 43 minutes
Not much happens in the cannibal section of the game, neither on the final stretch. 🤷🏻‍♂️

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
Not much happens in the cannibal section of the game, neither on the final stretch. 🤷🏻‍♂️
But if they don’t pack every second with action, they’ve failed at adapting a game that was primarily focused on a story about emotion and only used action to punctuate certain story beats, sheeple!

LMFAO

Last edited:
Reactions: Swift_Star

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
Excuses. Even if that were true about either section, (it's not, a shit ton happens during both) using your logic Kansas City should've been one episode, the DLC could've been scrapped for later, Jackson's section could've been shortened and the University shouldn't have been only 10 minutes. But clearly the show runners aren't going by "how much happens in the game". It's also just bad taste to have a finale be so short, being that that's the last impression people will be left with before season 2, I'm sure it will rub a lot of people the wrong way.

OP
OP
Swift_Star

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
Excuses. Even if that were true about either section, (it's not, a shit ton happens during both) using your logic Kansas City should've been one episode, the DLC could've been scrapped for later, Jackson's section could've been shortened and the University shouldn't have been only 10 minutes. But clearly the show runners aren't going by "how much happens in the game". It's also just bad taste to have a finale be so short, being that that's the last impression people will be left with before season 2, I'm sure it will rub a lot of people the wrong way.
Facts don't care about your feelings. Those two sections of the game are short, whether you like it or not. You can write pages and pages of criticism and this won't change. Neither will the fact that the show is a massive hit. But go on, keep choosing to be angry, just remember, nothing will change. 🤷‍♂️

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: KiryuRealty

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
Engaging with your or Kiryu in this thread specifically is a waste of time. The show is rushed/badly paced, the last two episodes will be extremely rushed judging by show times. Argue with yourself all you want but the vast majority of people online now agree with me.

• haha
Reactions: Swift_Star
OP
OP
Swift_Star

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
And so it begins: episode 7 is being review bombed on IMDb for portraying lesbians, proving the outrage of episode 3 was never about the deviations, but simply because of homophobia. Season 2 will trigger a lot of gamers (™️) and I’ll be here for it.
These people are pathetic.

• fire