The Last Of Us HBO TV Show |OT| Discussion (Spoilers)

D

Deleted member 223

Tells us how you're ignoring me by reading every single post I make and either throwing indirect shade or outright direct attacks. Neither subtle nor smart. You're clearly still massively hurt. Poor boy. Get some self respect, if you know what that word even means... a "grammar expert" should know.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: nongkris

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
Tells us how you're ignoring me by reading every single post I make and either throwing indirect shade or outright direct attacks. Neither subtle nor smart. You're clearly still massively hurt. Poor boy. Get some self respect, if you know what that word even means... a "grammar expert" should know.
Aw, if you’ve got diaper rash from my post, just use one of your degrees.

D

Deleted member 223

It's not me who's biting heels begging for attention and reaction. It's like owning a dog you see. If you have no working comeback, best to keep your mouth shut and not embarrass yourself further. Let it be known I'm being measured here, considering how much rope I've given you to hang yourself with for the past several weeks. Patience is a virtue after all.

shrike0fth0rns

Veteran
9 Dec 2022
Your arguments, no matter how valid they may be, fall flat when you compare this to a CW show. It's just absurd.
yes, and it was a funny oversight. but what if there was a starbucks cup in every scene?

I'm not saying someone can't have clean or new clothes. I'm saying that EVERYONE having them takes me out of the scene
Mildew and mold sets in after a few months of sitting exposed to the elements. You barely see any intact houses or stores in the game because the idea is that after all hell breaks loose people aren't gonna respect your pre apocalypse property rights. Maybe you can argue Fedra formed up extremely quickly and quelled enough looting and shit right after outbreak day but they didn't show that in the show. What they did show was an environment that is far too well-kept for what the setting dictates. You can say Fedra did an orderly "evacuation" in Bill's town but what about the rest of the US? Boston QZ looks like it's been through a war. They fucking bombed everything out.
Finally caught up to seeing ep 6.

Second worst episode of the show so far. Overall a lot of cheap out.....nuanced details missing etc. Computer typed notes that should be hand written for some reason just annoy me the most - such an obvious detail. Overall however, the biggest thing wrong this episode 6 is that it's sped up so everything can fit into a single episode thus the big emotional punches fell flat, the build up, anticipation and pay off wasn't there on any of the story beats, except maybe the scene where Joel convinces Tommy to take Ellie - everything else was just flat flat. The University section was criminally cut short.

Just bad. The whole purpose of TV is that you can flesh out the drama, and provide more detail. This episode more or less failed at that by decisions made to cut the story short.
Disagree! It had several emotional moments that hit hard than in the game especially Joel and tommy trying to reconcile and Ellie confronting joel about abandoning her. The broken relationship between tommy and joel was fleshed out more in this one episode than in the lou1 and 2 combined.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: KiryuRealty
D

Deleted member 223

In the game they reconciled during the tour of the camp, at the firefight at the interior/outside of the water dam, and during Ellie's run/search for away from the camp. You could literally dedicate another episode to those sections alone. That's without mentioning the University section getting massacred into a few minutes of screen time. No significant bonding time between Ellie n Joel about what was like before at the Uni, except a few lines from the game, no infected section, and a horribly scripted encounter with "no gun" wielding hunters which ultimately didn't deliver the punch of Joel getting a puncture wound by falling a story down after a fight and frantically retreating.

Not sure which game you were playing but definitely not TLOU. The show started nice but it's starting to cut corners to fit this story on way too few episodes. It's passable for anyone not familiar with source material.

Last edited by a moderator:

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
Besides my hatred of the cinematography/set design of the show, it's baffling to me that they decided to cut almost all action out of the show, and the little action they do have is poorly done. The dialogue that should've made up for the lack of action is rushed and poorly acted. It's sad when a network drama like the walking dead had better characterization than an HBO show.

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
Besides my hatred of the cinematography/set design of the show, it's baffling to me that they decided to cut almost all action out of the show, and the little action they do have is poorly done. The dialogue that should've made up for the lack of action is rushed and poorly acted. It's sad when a network drama like the walking dead had better characterization than an HBO show.
Go watch Z Nation, it’s more suited to your needs.

Zeroing

Veteran
6 Jul 2022
I have to say, some people need tone down their aggressiveness. Everyone is entitled to an opinion. We can agree to disagree.

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
Kiryu thinks people not liking the show is an attack on their entire life.
The Office Lol GIF by NETFLIX

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Dude the girl they cast for Riley is fucking spot on, she might have even done better than Pedro Pascal at portraying the character.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: KiryuRealty