The Last Of Us HBO TV Show |OT| Discussion (Spoilers)

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
Who else here can’t wait for the Special Needs Posters to tell us why this episode was garbage?
Criticism of this show must keep you up at night if that's the first thing you think about after watching an episode.

Riley's actor was excellent is the one positive I can give to this episode. It looks like it took the Kathleen episodes and up to this recent one to wake up some of the masses of how bad the pacing and lack of action in this show are. I can say the fact that we have only two episodes left tells me that Druckman and Mazin failed at adapting the game effectively. Especially knowing the finale is the shortest episode of the whole season.

Also casual viewers must be upset getting this long side plot on the episode after Joel's "fake death" scene, I wonder how many people are bouncing off of the show. They haven't given any viewership updates since Episode 4 or 5

Last edited:
Reactions: Zeroing

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Criticism of this show must keep you up at night if that's the first thing you think about after watching an episode.

Riley's actor was excellent is the one positive I can give to this episode. It looks like it took the Kathleen episodes and up to this recent one to wake up some of the masses of how bad the pacing and lack of action in this show are. I can say the fact that we have only two episodes left tells me that Druckman and Mazin failed at adapting the game effectively. Especially knowing the finale is the shortest episode of the whole season.

Also casual viewers must be upset getting this long side plot on the episode after Joel's "fake death" scene, I wonder how many people are bouncing off of the show. They haven't given any viewership updates since Episode 4 or 5
We already knew that the show would go downhill since most reviewers said episode 3 was the high water mark. They did a good job with the episode but I still think it's missing something. Previews of the next episode look decent so let's hope there's some more action. They really need to ramp things up because it's gonna be a tonal shock if they don't ramp up the murdering and killing soon...seeing as they're making tlou2

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
We already knew that the show would go downhill since most reviewers said episode 3 was the high water mark. They did a good job with the episode but I still think it's missing something. Previews of the next episode look decent so let's hope there's some more action. They really need to ramp things up because it's gonna be a tonal shock if they don't ramp up the murdering and killing soon...seeing as they're making tlou2
I don’t listen to reviewers for my taste in anything, according to them this show is a 10/10 with no flaws. And my personal taste would rate Episode 5 higher than 3.

It’s also sad that the few action/fight scenes they’ve done all season have been clunky and I’ll choreographed.

OP
OP
Swift_Star

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
Druckman and Mazin failed at adapting the game effectively. Especially knowing the finale is the shortest episode of the whole season.
How? I've been watching my bf play the game this last week and the show is extremely faithful to it? To the point lots of lines and acting mimic the game version.
The show is so faithful it's boring for us that played this a few times. I've played the game four times and watched a few more.
The show is masterfully adapted and, imo, should've taken more risks and deviated more from the game.
But it hasn't failed at adapting, like, at all.

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
How? I've been watching my bf play the game this last week and the show is extremely faithful to it? To the point lots of lines and acting mimic the game version.
The show is so faithful it's boring for us that played this a few times. I've played the game four times and watched a few more.
The show is masterfully adapted and, imo, should've taken more risks and deviated more from the game.
But it hasn't failed at adapting, like, at all.
The speds who insist it’s a bad adaptation all seem to have skipped the cutscenes and have a fundamental misunderstanding of what the game is about.

HINT: If you think The Last of Us is a zombie game, you have no clue.

Last edited:
Reactions: Swift_Star
D

Deleted member 223

2 good episodes (1-2)
2 so-so episodes (4-5)
3 trash episodes (3, 6, 7)

Disappointing overall, considering it started well with a good first impression. That team clearly couldn't consistently carry the whole thing through and phoned a lot of it in. Actors tried and earned their pay.

Zeroing

Veteran
6 Jul 2022
Who else here can’t wait for the Special Needs Posters to tell us why this episode was garbage?
Lol 😆 who?

It wasn’t garbage, all I’ve been saying is they had difficulties adapting the game into defined tv episodes.

Anyway the corpse falling down the floor was a interesting choice! Lol

PS. I think you would have an aneurism if you were on other forums. Some are complaining because the black characters were killed!

KiryuRealty

28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
Lol 😆 who?

It wasn’t garbage, all I’ve been saying is they had difficulties adapting the game into defined tv episodes.

Anyway the corpse falling down the floor was a interesting choice! Lol

PS. I think you would have an aneurism if you were on other forums. Some are complaining because the black characters were killed!
You haven’t been reading this thread if you don’t think idiots here have called the show garbage.

One retard even said it looks like a CW show, for fuck’s sake.

Zeroing

Veteran
6 Jul 2022
You haven’t been reading this thread if you don’t think idiots here have called the show garbage.

I’ve read worse on other forums.

Anyway I’m happy we finally got a good adaption of a video game!
It is deserving of a 98% good score on rotten tomatoes? No. The show has issues but it’s not garbage, we all need to be fair.

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023

It's so easy to get to you, that throwaway comment of mine really stuck with you, huh? I stand by that the set design and green screens look like shit and on par with a CW stage look.

OP
OP
Swift_Star

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
It's so easy to get to you, that throwaway comment of mine really stuck with you, huh? I stand by that the set design and green screens look like shit and on par with a CW stage look.
There are barely any green screens, though? The effects are mostly practical lol and scenarios are mostly real lmao.
If there are any CGI, I'm still to see any reports about it, because everyone is praising the practical effects.
I mean the effects can't be worse than those of Super Bass and Anaconda, can they?

KiryuRealty

28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
You wouldn’t know a green screen if one stumbled naked out of your mom’s room while you’re eating breakfast and she told you to call it your uncle.

KiryuRealty

28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
There are barely any green screens, though? The effects are mostly practical lol and scenarios are mostly real lmao.
If there are any CGI, I'm still to see any reports about it, because everyone is praising the practical effects.
I mean the effects can't be worse than those of Super Bass and Anaconda, can they?
The upper level of the mall from last night’s episode was CGI for any shots looking down the corridor of the mall.

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
Seeing as how viewers are noticing all the flaws of the 2nd half of this season, I can't imagine the reaction to season 2 when Pedro gets hits head beat in. Killing characters works in a show like game of thrones because of the strength of the writing and world building, which this show lacks. This show still feels like Pedro Pascal and friends, It'll be interesting to see if people stick around after he's killed off.

KiryuRealty

28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
Seeing as how viewers are noticing all the flaws of the 2nd half of this season, I can't imagine the reaction to season 2 when Pedro gets hits head beat in. Killing characters works in a show like game of thrones because of the strength of the writing and world building, which this show lacks. This show still feels like Pedro Pascal and friends, It'll be interesting to see if people stick around after he's killed off.
Yes, because last night’s episode was ALL Joel, all the time!

Last edited:
Reactions: Swift_Star

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
Yes, because last night ms episode was ALL Joel, all the time!
And it is being widely called boring and uneventful! That argument only works if it garnered the same level of praise as the Joel-less episode 3, which it managed to do the opposite as being slow and boring. I'll come back to this thread after they bungle david's entire plotline by trying to rush through it in one episode.

I know the mask is falling when places like resetera and reddit which previously would dogpile you if you critisize the show are finally noticing some of the flaws finally. Everything after the Sarah opening in episode 1 has been a b-tier quality CW production with A-list actors attached to it.

Last edited:

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
2 good episodes (1-2)
2 so-so episodes (4-5)
3 trash episodes (3, 6, 7)

Disappointing overall, considering it started well with a good first impression. That team clearly couldn't consistently carry the whole thing through and phoned a lot of it in. Actors tried and earned their pay.
Huh? How are 3/6/7 trash?