The Verge: Pentiment is set to be the first game to go multiplatform

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
I've seen people argue that we should buy everything they port in order to encourage them to port everything, but I dunno, they may use that money to screw us over later.

Last edited:

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
It's going to be

Sea of Thieves
Hi Fi
Pentiment
Grounded

It's nothing.
Not our fault that Xbox doesn't make relevant games that aren't already on PlayStation.

I've seen people argue that we should buy everything they port in order to encourage th to port everything, but I dunno, they may use that money to screw us over later.
That is an awful strategy but whatever you want to play for a price you think it's worth it. Don't go out of your way to support these releases, if anything go out of your way to boycott them.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Dr Bass

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Ngl man, that's highkey weird. Why do you care if you give them money? What does it matter if they compete? Do you want all those people working at Xbox to lose their jobs or something?
Compete? LMAO
See, this is where I do not align, I don't think any competition, whether or not its good competition, should die. I personally don't count Nintendo as competition with PlayStation because they aren't in the same markets, the only one that is in the same market as PS is Xbox, and without Xbox. I do not think PlayStation will be as good as they are now, I may be nihilistic but I think without competition, one grows complacent far too easily.
Basically, Xbox needs to stay to keep arrogant Sony in check. We've heard that a million times on Twitter. Find something else.

Playstation who's developing 12 GAAS, branching out to TV and movies while pumping out games that sell 10+ millions each (and giving free DLC) is too "complacent". Helldivers just came out and it's peaking higher on Monday than weekend. I guess we have to thank Xbox for that too 🤡

And buying publishers because daddy is rich and turning multiplat games into exclusives is not competition. Fuck that.

There's plenty of competition in the gaming world but customers prefer Playstation. Deal with it 🤷‍♂️

saltyashell

11 Feb 2024
I've seen people argue that we should buy everything they port in order to encourage th to port everything, but I dunno, they may use that money to screw us over later.
Don't worry - nobody's buying those games. IDC what their metacritic scores are - they are super niche games and PS5/Switch owners who would want to play them probably already have via steam.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Exicide

2 Feb 2024
Nintendo and Steam are far better competition today than Xbox ever was. Xbox competition brought us paid online, paywall, push for always online, push for microtransactions, push to kill physical media, Kinect, Series S garbage hardware, false promises of VR and Hololens, push for an adorably all digital future, decades of low quality games, push for GaaS, toxicity, FUD, shills, PR spins, consolidation, Games for Windows Live, trash MS store on PC, etc.

You seems extremely ignorant of Xbox history, anyone that knows Xbox knows that Phil Spencer is the one that dig the hole, in 2008 he was already head of MS Studios and their bad output of games was always their main shortcoming. In the 15+ Phil year Spencer was in charge of Xbox games, what new successful IP did he introduced? What were the classics games he released? What games he green lit contended for GoTY? Phil Spencer fucking sucks, stop blaming Don Mattrick for everything and face reality.

That is the problem with you Xbots, even the stuff you say about Xbox makes no sense and contradict themselves. If Don Mattrick was so evil for to put an end to used discs why do you praise Phil Spencer for pushing an all digital future with no game ownership?
Bro you are making way too many assumptions about me. Quite honestly, a lot of what you just said was just tacked on because you couldn't think of anything else to say (seriously, GaaS, toxicity, FUD, shills, pr spins, consolidation?) and you really are trying to blame Xbox for everything in gaming. I get you don't like it, but you don't have to start lying and looking for reasons to hate it more than you already do.

I'm not about to sit here and debunk even half what you just said, because the industry was always going to go that way when the higher ups realized the potential for $$$$ to be made. I am not at all ignorant of Xbox's history, he was not in charge of Xbox in 2008, He took charge of Xbox in 2014 after Don Mattrick's terrible Xbox One Reveal in which he dismissed genuine criticism of an always online console (the One) with "We have a console for those that don't want to always be online, it's called Xbox 360." I do not praise Phil like you're insinuating, I think both of them had their ups and downs.

Just because I say anything positive about Xbox doesn't make me an "Xbot," I criticize them where its needed, in fact, if you even knew anything about me, I'm specifically advocating for the port of Sea of Thieves. Your statements aren't even complete truth, its filled with blame, and for what? There are many genuine criticisms for Xbox, but "push for GaaS, toxicity, FUD, shills, PR spins, consolidation" is not any of them. I mean, WoW is considered to be the first GaaS and that was not an Xbox thing.

Exicide

2 Feb 2024
I just really don't like having to worry about whether I'll be able to keep playing things like Persona and Yakuza on my PlayStation because MS wants to keep sniffing around the industry with a checkbook in an attempt to buy themselves a permanent upper hand.
and that is completely valid, I don't think they need to acquire anything anymore, they need to create with their studios.

Reactions: AshHunter216

Exicide

2 Feb 2024
Compete? LMAO

Basically, Xbox needs to stay to keep arrogant Sony in check. We've heard that a million times on Twitter. Find something else.

Playstation who's developing 12 GAAS, branching out to TV and movies while pumping out games that sell 10+ millions each (and giving free DLC) is too "complacent". Helldivers just came out and it's peaking higher on Monday than weekend. I guess we have to thank Xbox for that too 🤡

And buying publishers because daddy is rich and turning multiplat games into exclusives is not competition. Fuck that.

There's plenty of competition in the gaming world but customers prefer Playstation. Deal with it 🤷‍♂️
Yes, Compete. Just because you don't consider Xbox as "real competition" doesn't mean PlayStation doesn't.

I already know everything about what PS is doing and good for them, it looks great! I'm picking up Helldivers 2 on PC soon, I don't care about Xbox hardware like you think I do bud. I don't know why y'all immediately assume someone speaking positively about Xbox at all = immediate blind xbot fanboy.

I have actual criticism with Xbox, it is not that hard to believe. I don't care if customers prefer Playstation either, I'm just telling you that hoping another community dies out is honestly pathetic and weird.

Both can easily co-exist and you don't have to attack everyone who has other opinions, I'd say the same thing about an actual xbot who thinks PS should go down.

• noneofmybizz
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Say1nMan

Veteran
28 Jul 2023
The fact that a town hall meeting with Phil, Booty and Sarah Bond talking to the Xbox division occurred is a big where there's smoke there's fire signal. And that the Verge pointed out that the execs didn't addressed the 1st party games going to PS and Nintendo to the team is even more eye opening. Microsoft is known for pivoting, pivoting, and more pivoting when something they invest in doesn't produce the results that they want. Their pivots have a tendency of starting sooner rather than later.

Reactions: Exicide

Mild Conviction

13 Jan 2023
Pentiment is a very creative and original game that actually tries to be something interesting besides basic bitch AAA slop, so I'm glad it's gonna go to platforms where it gets more eyes on it, because Xbox fans seem mostly preoccupied with said slop instead of mid-budget uniqueness.

I would rather have one Pentiment than ten Starfields.

Last edited:

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Bro you are making way too many assumptions about me. Quite honestly, a lot of what you just said was just tacked on because you couldn't think of anything else to say (seriously, GaaS, toxicity, FUD, shills, pr spins, consolidation?) and you really are trying to blame Xbox for everything in gaming. I get you don't like it, but you don't have to start lying and looking for reasons to hate it more than you already do.

I'm not about to sit here and debunk even half what you just said, because the industry was always going to go that way when the higher ups realized the potential for $$$$ to be made. I am not at all ignorant of Xbox's history, he was not in charge of Xbox in 2008, He took charge of Xbox in 2014 after Don Mattrick's terrible Xbox One Reveal in which he dismissed genuine criticism of an always online console (the One) with "We have a console for those that don't want to always be online, it's called Xbox 360." I do not praise Phil like you're insinuating, I think both of them had their ups and downs.

Just because I say anything positive about Xbox doesn't make me an "Xbot," I criticize them where its needed, in fact, if you even knew anything about me, I'm specifically advocating for the port of Sea of Thieves. Your statements aren't even complete truth, its filled with blame, and for what? There are many genuine criticisms for Xbox, but "push for GaaS, toxicity, FUD, shills, PR spins, consolidation" is not any of them. I mean, WoW is considered to be the first GaaS and that was not an Xbox thing.
You think I care about who you are? All I see is some guy making excuses for Xbox and coming up with the same old tired narrative that Xbox is good for gaming, that we need Xbox. Fuck Xbox.

I'm not going to correct all the nonsense you typed since as I already stated you are clearly ignorant of Xbox history. Phil Spencer was put in charge of MS Studios in 2008. You can't even read and are trying to correct me for not being as ignorant as you and believing Phil Spencer was a nobody until 2014.

Last edited:
Reactions: PS_ROCKS

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
It's going to be

Sea of Thieves
Hi Fi
Pentiment
Grounded

It's nothing.
The opening salvo. I bet that is the four, btw. No one even remembers Grounded.

But don't worry, everything else will follow. Quantum Break started Xbox's journey into PC just as Pentiment will start their journey to becoming a 3P pub.

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
You think I care about who you are? All I see is some guy making excuses for Xbox and coming up with the same old tired narrative that Xbox is good for gaming, that we need Xbox. Fuck Xbox.

I'm not going to correct all the nonsense you typed since as I already stated you are clearly ignorant of Xbox history. Phil Spencer was put in charge of MS Studios in 2008. You can't even read and are trying to correct me for not being as ignorant as you and believing Phil Spencer was a nobody until 2014.
You know what's interesting about that timing. I thought Xbox 360 was clearly dropping off in the second half of it's lifespan, to the point where I got rid of it well before the end of the generation and "switched" to the PS3 being what I bought just about everything on. Even when 3rd party games performed a bit better on the 360 (I had the OG PS3 with the full BC too from the beginning).

This basically points to one man being the downfall of the entire brand. I actually thought the first Xbox had some fun games. Halo, Panzer Dragoon Orta, Brothers in Arms (I had so much fun with this one with a friend online), Ninja Gaiden. All really good. All of that fell off a cliff during the 360 days

So basically Phil Spencer drove Xbox into the ground and MS has been too dumb to recognize it for more than 15 years.

Last edited:

Loy310

Veteran
14 Aug 2022
I've seen people argue that we should buy everything they port in order to encourage them to port everything, but I dunno, they may use that money to screw us over later.
It will help them tho. Sony stans need to be carefull. Giving MS their money is like giving a cancer patient kemo, they gonna use your money to fuck sony.

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Phil was not in charge of Xbox, but was essentially In charge of their games studios, kinda like Hermen Hulst at playstation nowadays. From the moment he took over their game development througput came crashing down.

Since taking over of the whole thing Phil not only managed to not improve things, he made them worse. 10 years later and Xbox is all but an undesirable brand that can't sell their tentpole service even when bundling Gamepass with Doritos and lucozade.

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
Guys, don't let yourself be fooled by these cunts, MS will port old games to avoid future acquisition issues with regulators.
The reason this is happening is because of the acquisition, not to prepare them for more. MS runs Xbox now, not their own management. They're not getting a dime for another major acquisition anytime soon.