Xbox fanatics social media meltdowns in regards to 3rd party move and other losses |OT| "When fiction meets reality.

Dick Jones

Corporate Dick
Icon Extra
5 Jul 2022
And what does "boycott" even mean to this person?
Not buying as opposed to...
The opposite is claiming to play the game but in reality boycotting the game (not buying the game)

Send that dopey cunt to Coventry.

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
It truly feels like the old post-E3 days. Xbox put on a great spectacle full of promises and hope, and fans felt bold and arrogant. But in the real world, Xbox has not released a good game in a long time, the year at hand is empty, and the old promises of many spectacles ago turned out to be mediocre and vapid.

And the cycle keeps repeating.

Evil Aloy

3 May 2024
I like making fun of xbots as much as the next guy but nintendo shills are becoming equally as annoying. Nintendo showcases a game clearly designed for 10 year old girls and grown men like Dring, Grubb and Minotti cream themselves as if they saw the greatest game ever. It's embarrassing, it's like these people don't have a shred of dignity.

Last edited:

GachaMadeMeBroke

26 Nov 2023
I like making fun of xbots as much as the next guy but nintendo shills are becoming equally as annoying. Nintendo showcases a game clearly designed for 10 year old girls and grown men like Dring, Grubb and Minotti cream themselves as if they saw rhe greatest game ever. It's embarrassing, it's like these people don't have a shred of dignity.

People can enjoy what they want. Limiting yourself to what you can play because you think they're made for little girls makes no sense.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Entropi and voke

Impulse

21 Apr 2023
I like making fun of xbots as much as the next guy but nintendo shills are becoming equally as annoying. Nintendo showcases a game clearly designed for 10 year old girls and grown men like Dring, Grubb and Minotti cream themselves as if they saw rhe greatest game ever. It's embarrassing, it's like these people don't have a shred of dignity.
I mean Nintendo for all their faults always give the fans what they want (except Mother 3 for some reason, that's the only one I see going unanswered for some reason).

Sony is the one big 1st party that barely talks to its fans, let alone cater to their needs.

Evil Aloy

3 May 2024
People can enjoy what they want. Limiting yourself to what you can play because you think they're made for little girls makes no sense.

Sure, enjoy what you want but have a sense of perspective.

I mean Nintendo for all their faults always give the fans what they want (except Mother 3 for some reason, that's the only one I see going unanswered for some reason).

Sony is the one big 1st party that barely talks to its fans, let alone cater to their needs.

True but we have to be honest here, Nintendo's main fanbase is kids. They make games for kids. Adults can enjoy games made for kids but it doesn't change the fact that the games weren't made for them.

TrishaCat

17 May 2024
I really like watching My Little Pony and Bluey and would rather watch them than Game of Thrones or The Walking Dead

I am 28

• haha
Reactions: Cool hand luke

Dick Jones

Corporate Dick
Icon Extra
5 Jul 2022
I really like watching My Little Pony and Bluey and would rather watch them than Game of Thrones or The Walking Dead

I am 28
I'd watch Bluey before the last few seasons of Game of Thrones.
Dog Loop GIF by Xbox

Reactions: TrishaCat

Evil Aloy

3 May 2024

I am 28

I’m not sure what perspective we’re supposed to have?

Are you guys pretending to not understand or am I doing a lousy job at explaining? Grubb, Dring, Ryckert, Shreier and other journalist manbabies are not saying "I know this game is for kids but I still enjoy it". I wouldn't have any issue with that. The issue I have is that they are treating Nintendo games like it's the Citizen Kane of gaming.

The perspective is that gaming has matured, it has become an artform with complex narratives and deep characters and Nintendo hasn't moved an inch from its 80s-90s roots. They still make the same games they always have and that's perfectly fine if you still enjoy them but the games media's adoration for Nintendo is entirely unwarranted.

TrishaCat

17 May 2024
Are you guys pretending to not understand or am I doing a lousy job at explaining? Grubb, Dring, Ryckert, Shreier and other journalist manbabies are not saying "I know this game is for kids but I still enjoy it". I wouldn't have any issue with that. The issue I have is that they are treating Nintendo games like it's the Citizen Kane of gaming.
Do I need to start listing off films aimed at children that are better than most other films or....? Like the Lion King is a peak super high quality film but it's aimed at kids.

I don't think it's fair to equate a higher intended age demographic with a more mature game. It may be aimed at adults but stuff like Duke Nukem or Doom for example is less mature than things like Pokemon Mystery Dungeon or Kingdom Hearts. It's not about age demographic. Maturity or a games value as a piece of art isn't determined by demographic either. Heck, a games quality isn't determined by demographic or maturity either.

It's not that we don't understand, it's that we think your premise is narrow minded