Xbox fanatics social media meltdowns in regards to 3rd party move and other losses |OT| "When fiction meets reality.

Eggman

12 Apr 2023
So many Xbox shills in this reddit thread like this guy pushing the bullshit that we need Xbox for competition. It's all they have left is "concerning" about Playstation winning

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
Time to add "Karem Jovian" to the list, too.
Some obnoxious Youtuber, who suddenly decided to wade into the console war for extra clout. These new-age gamers are absolute roaches.

The kicker? He's trying so damn hard to get Stellar Blade cancelled. What a P.O.S!
A lot of this started last generation when people started treating the console war like a business and spouting nonsense for engagement.

J

Joey Ravn

It's always about "competition" for these people. Scrappy start-up Microsoft needed to buy the biggest Western publisher so it could have a fighting chance of competing against big bad SONY. ABK is finally theirs but everything keeps crumbling around them. Microsoft's plan totally backfired, they dug their own grave, and these shills can only yell "AND WHAT ABOUT THE COMPETITIOOOOOONNNNNN" on Twitter.

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023
You reap what you sow. Acquisition-happy Xbots showed their true face and karma punched them in it so damn hard.

why was vigilante joker on era banned?

Maybe because a bullet in the head. Here is the nonviolent version. LOL

goChEWg.gif

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
So many Xbox shills in this reddit thread like this guy pushing the bullshit that we need Xbox for competition. It's all they have left is "concerning" about Playstation winning

They are basically making up shit now to create a situation, the preverbal victim looking for a crime.

You know how they do.

Shill he may be, but I’m sorry to say he is not wrong in a philosophical sense. Competition is crucial. The driving spirit to be better than the other guy produces results. If Xbox does indeed kill the console and PS remains the only game in town, motivation turns to profit - not excellence. Longer console Gen, lower specs, lower investment in 1st party AAA not needing ‘loss leaders’. It concerns me.

Please try to be objective.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Shill he may be, but I’m sorry to say he is not wrong in a philosophical sense. Competition is crucial. The driving spirit to be better than the other guy produces results. If Xbox does indeed kill the console and PS remains the only game in town, motivation turns to profit - not excellence. Longer console Gen, lower specs, lower investment in 1st party AAA not needing ‘loss leaders’. It concerns me.

it self evident, that PS studios dev competing against themselves, who can create better games. xbox was never ever in any competition as they never pushed any boundaries.
also, people just overestimates how many games are created and how many pubs are there. there is plenty of competition for $.

J

Joey Ravn

The flaw in this way of thinking is that it reduces, or virtually eliminates, the internal drive of PS studios to make good games because they want to make good games.

What's more, apply this "competition is needed" logic to Xbox: if competition is such a motivator, why did they end up with turds like Redfall, deeply flawed flagship titles like Halo Infinite and Starfield, or outright busted games like Forza? Wasn't the motivation to compete with Sony's blockbusters enough?

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
it self evident, that PS studios dev competing against themselves, who can create better games. xbox was never ever in any competition as they never pushed any boundaries.
also, people just overestimates how many games are created and how many pubs are there. there is plenty of competition for $.
That was might point in previous posts, there never was competition in over a decade between them.

Reactions: PS_ROCKS

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
The flaw in this way of thinking is that it reduces, or virtually eliminates, the internal drive of PS studios to make good games because they want to make good games.

What's more, apply this "competition is needed" logic to Xbox: if competition is such a motivator, why did they end up with turds like Redfall, deeply flawed flagship titles like Halo Infinite and Starfield, or outright busted games like Forza? Wasn't the motivation to compete with Sony's blockbusters enough?
Something that is often left out of the "competition is needed" argument is that Playstation in itself is in CONSTANT competition and the loss of xbox won't change that.

It competes with netflix for TV time. It competes with tablets and phones for screen time. It competes with a variety of other products for entertainment/leisure budgets of customers.

Even if Nintendo left, Sony still could not do whatever it wanted, because games are a luxury item and rely on massive sales volumes to be viable. They're not like cars that are a necessity. The moment Sony tries to charge $1000 for a console even as a monopoly is the moment that generation of Playstations dies. They learned that the hard way during PS3 and they won't forget that lesson.

Reactions: laynelane
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Something that is often left out of the "competition is needed" argument is that Playstation in itself is in CONSTANT competition and the loss of xbox won't change that.

It competes with netflix for TV time. It competes with tablets and phones for screen time. It competes with a variety of other products for entertainment/leisure budgets of customers.

Even if Nintendo left, Sony still could not do whatever it wanted, because games are a luxury item and rely on massive sales volumes to be viable. They're not like cars that are a necessity. The moment Sony tries to charge $1000 for a console even as a monopoly is the moment that generation of Playstations dies. They learned that the hard way during PS3 and they won't forget that lesson.
I agree but even besides tht even with it being a greedy Corp like all others it does have a level of quality expected and just different culture. Sony devs are expected to push for quality generally and that won't end no matter who isn't or is there.

Nimrota

Veteran
11 Jul 2023

Yeah this is a perfect point. Xbox is irrelevant. What competition is Xbox providing now that keeps Sony honest? None. They haven't been in the competition for a decade.

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
Too many to quote, but I do like the glass half full attitude. I will nevertheless not ever take my eye of the desire for profit, and money rules aspect. LETS GO!!!