Xbox fanatics social media meltdowns in regards to 3rd party move and other losses |OT| "When fiction meets reality.

historia

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2023
Now that Mbappe is leaving, I could confident says: Green Brand is the PSG of gaming.

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
usa bubble is a thing, I guess.
Xbox is non existent outside us and up, you don’t hear people talking about it, at all.
It’s so weird seeing these people mourning this to a brand barely anyone knows its existence .

historia

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2023
usa bubble is a thing, I guess.
Xbox is non existent outside us and up, you don’t hear people talking about it, at all.
It’s so weird seeing these people mourning this to a brand barely anyone knows its existence .
I knew them because of Welfare Pass on PC and how much they push that fking shit into the Windows UI.

Oh and at once they moneyhatted a bunch of things 17-20 years ago and they flopped specutalarly here.

historia

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2023
Bruh how you running without an ad blocker
Can iPhone running ad blocker.

My wife complained about seeing fucking "men performance improvement" on on her phone all the time.

She hit the monopause longs ago make this even funnier.

laynelane

Veteran
14 Jul 2022
Can people look at this thread and tell me im not crazy with the insane amount of Microsoft astroturfing on reddit

They are back to defending Microsoft laying off thousands and attacking the FTC

No matter what astroturfers or fanatical fans say, the FTC has a good argument. MS agreed ABK would operate independently (while the the FTC proceedings are going on) and they broke that agreement when they laid off 1900 employees. Since the two companies were supposed to be separate there are no "redundancies" or "trimming the fat" excuses for the lay-offs. What impact this will have on the ongoing case is uncertain, but it certainly sets a precedent that MS will and have now lied to regulators.

Last edited:

Infinity

Veteran
18 Nov 2023
No matter what astroturfers or fanatical fans say, the FTC has a good argument. MS agreed ABK would operate independently (while the the FTC proceedings are going on) and they broke that agreement when they laid off 1900 employees. Since the two companies were supposed to be separate there is no "redundancies" or "trimming the fat" excuses for the lay-offs. What impact this will have on the ongoing case is uncertain, but it certainly sets a precedent that MS will and have now lied to regulators.
highly unlikely anything happens there. FTC is just barking at the moon. They're useless. MS already bested those clowns.

J

Joey Ravn

No matter what astroturfers or fanatical fans say, the FTC has a good argument. MS agreed ABK would operate independently (while the the FTC proceedings are going on) and they broke that agreement when they laid off 1900 employees. Since the two companies were supposed to be separate there are no "redundancies" or "trimming the fat" excuses for the lay-offs. What impact this will have on the ongoing case is uncertain, but it certainly sets a precedent that MS will and have now lied to regulators.

I think that, unfortunately, this won't change anything. The deal is done, even when the pretense of "operating separately" was never actually kept. Not even remotely. This happened during the trial:

Lulu Cheng, top ABK executive, posted that. In what world is that impartial? She was playing to Microsoft's interests. ABK had never had any beef with Sony before. What's more, Sony had exclusive marketing rights for the then-unreleased MWIII! Why would ABK, out of their own accord, be threatening Sony to make them lose access to CoD? Of course they wouldn't: it was Microsoft speaking through ABK as if they had already merged.

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
I just love when xbox dudes who move over to PC or just PC gamers use "your plastic box" as a way to shit on consoles.

Guess what pc gamers.

Alot of you also have a plastic box, and you paid a fuck ton more for it 🤡

laynelane

Veteran
14 Jul 2022
I think that, unfortunately, this won't change anything. The deal is done, even when the pretense of "operating separately" was never actually kept. Not even remotely. This happened during the trial:

Lulu Cheng, top ABK executive, posted that. In what world is that impartial? She was playing to Microsoft's interests. ABK had never had any beef with Sony before. What's more, Sony had exclusive marketing rights for the then-unreleased MWIII! Why would ABK, out of their own accord, be threatening Sony to make them lose access to CoD? Of course they wouldn't: it was Microsoft speaking through ABK as if they had already merged.

I have doubts it will change much, as well, but it does set a precedent in the event MS attempts further acquisitions. The agreement to operate separately wasn't related to ABK's viewpoint on the acquisition. It was because of this:

The letter was filed to a U.S. federal appeals court earlier today (first spotted by The Verge). In it, the FTC says Microsoft's representation to the court was that "the post-merger company will be structured and operated in a way that would readily enable Microsoft to divest any or all of the Activision businesses as robust market participants in the unlikely event that such a divestiture is ordered.”

Ms cited "areas of overlap" as the reason for the lay-offs, but the FTC maintains there would be no such areas if the agreement to keep ABK independent was kept. Basically, MS lied and the FTC are calling them out on it.

As for Lulu, she was blatantly all about the big pay-out and controlling the narrative to build up support for the acquisition. It was transparent, but many people didn't realize it until the "Green Queen" took her millions and rode off into the sunset.