Xbox fanatics social media meltdowns in regards to 3rd party move and other losses |OT| "When fiction meets reality.

daniel5043

Veteran
19 Jan 2023
The thing I Don't understand about the xbox portable rumors is how are they gonna ask publishers to QA another piece of hardware that probably sell subpar

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
The kinda funny Xcast is so obnoxious and hypocritical. No matter what happens Thursday, it was nice seeing the worst elements of that community panic and briefly question their own behavior.

I'm not even excited for Thurs. It'll be same song and dance and what we already know.

Last edited:

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
I'm not even excited for Thurs. It'll be sane song and dance and what we already know.
Probably be just vague enough to convince the diehards that nothing is changing and the war against Playstation is still on.

Part of me thinks Xbox just does things like this because they like the attention.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Gamernyc78
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Probably be just vague enough to convince the diehards that nothing is changing and the war against Playstation is still on.

Part of me thinks Xbox just does things like this because they like the attention.
They just a big Corp tht doesn't give a shit.

reziel

Banned
12 Jun 2023

This is honestly the only way they can get any attention nowadays.

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
Yea, I see through all the smoke attp.
Then again most of the attention is negative this time around, though I imagine their fans intend to spin anything less severe than immediately leaving console gaming on Thursday as a win.

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
Then again most of the attention is negative this time around, though I imagine their fans intend to spin anything less severe than immediately leaving console gaming on Thursday as a win.
My issue is that at the end of the day, why are we giving ports of a few old and mostly insignificant games so much attention? Idk i think the noise surrounding this makes it seem like a bigger deal than it it. Xbox isn't going anywhere, I think they just wanna make it clear to the fans they don't want compete with Sony anymore. Hardware will be an option, for the most part they just want the attention of a players on them. It's just what happens when you buy studios with a multiplatform history.

J

Joey Ravn

GE36whXXEAAJ2Sq.jpg

#NeverForget

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
My issue is that at the end of the day, why are we giving ports of a few old and mostly insignificant games so much attention? Idk i think the noise surrounding this makes it seem like a bigger deal than it it. Xbox isn't going anywhere, I think they just wanna make it clear to the fans they don't want compete with Sony anymore. Hardware will be an option, for the most part they just want the attention of a players on them. It's just what happens when you buy studios with a multiplatform history.
honestly, if they don't want to interfere with my experience on PlayStation anymore, that's good enough news for me. The ports themselves aren't what interest me personally, it's the idea that they may be giving up on directly battling PlayStation and making it harder for me to play the third party franchises I enjoy.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
honestly, if they don't want to interfere with my experience on PlayStation anymore, that's good enough news for me. The ports themselves aren't what interest me personally, it's the idea that they may be giving up on directly battling PlayStation and making it harder for me to enjoy the third party franchises I enjoy.
Thts the gd part of it, them bowing down lol.

• Shake
Reactions: Cool hand luke

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
Did Sega fans meltdown as hard when Sega started porting to other platforms? Were they caught in the denial or bargaining stages like the grieving copistanians in the Xbot community? Porting even one game will lead to a vicious cycle of lower hardware sales, unsustainable development costs, and porting even more games.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Did Sega fans meltdown as hard when Sega started porting to other platforms? Were they caught in the denial or bargaining stages like the grieving copistanians in the Xbot community? Porting even one game will lead to a vicious cycle of lower hardware sales, unsustainable development costs, and porting even more games.
I was a big Sega fan it didn't effect me.

Doncortez77

Veteran
8 Jan 2023
"The only people who had a meltdown over the discontinuation of the Dreamcast are those who still hold a grudge against Sony. These individuals, mostly grey-haired man babies spreading misinformation online, are still bitter about what happened. Personally, I didn't react strongly to the news and instead chose to focus on the games that were coming to the surviving systems. Even today, the Dreamcast remains one of my favorite gaming systems, second only to the Super Nintendo."

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
The thing I Don't understand about the xbox portable rumors is how are they gonna ask publishers to QA another piece of hardware that probably sell subpar
I hope it just turns out to be Windows updated with a new Xbox front-end. Turn every Windows PC into an Xbox. There's no longer an "Xbox" build of a game targeting fixed devices. Instead there's a PC build that incorporates MS/Xbox APIs for trophies and stuff.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Entropi
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I hope it just turns out to be Windows updated with a new Xbox front-end. Turn every Windows PC into an Xbox. There's no longer an "Xbox" build of a game targeting fixed devices. Instead there's a PC build that incorporates MS/Xbox APIs for trophies and stuff.
I doubt very much tht it's a traditional handheld. Watch it be them copying Sony again and doung some remote play type handheld.

Say1nMan

Veteran
28 Jul 2023
The kinda funny Xcast is so obnoxious and hypocritical. No matter what happens Thursday, it was nice seeing the worst elements of that community panic and briefly question their own behavior.

These folks' shifting narrative of Xbox buying full blown publishers to increase their exclusive library as being great competition against PlayStation to now saying putting Xbox 1st party games on PS and Nintendo is great cause it will get consumers interested in Xbox for the sequels is beyond laughable. No one cares about Xbox anymore. Hifi Rush been on Game pass all this time so people have had plenty of time to jump ship if you will and they didn't. People are staying pat on PS and Nintendo especially when MS continues their marketing of saying "you don't need a Xbox to play our games."

Reactions: laynelane
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Phil talks up the ROG Ally so much. He literally called it a remote Xbox. The problem isn't lack of a portable Xbox handheld. The problem is it's already out and MS provides a bad experience.
Yeah with gamepass they dont need a handheld with all the ones already able to give that experience. They miss the boat alot even with VR and using a third party headset on their system.